xisto Community
Forbez

The Future Of Mobile Phones

Phones have been involving so rapidly over the past couple of years. From phones which all they could do were ring and text people to phones which can email, take pictures and capture videos at extremely high quality.What I see to be the future of phones is complete sync between your mobile phone and your computer. For your phone to be your away computer which you have on you 24/7. They?ll probably be new software which links mobiles to a computer and allows the person to access all the files they have on their computer through the phone. With the faster approaching advances in television screens, in 10 years we could have mobile phones which are flexible. In 20 years phones which use hologram technology. Probably shorter then that they?ll have mobiles which are simply chips in your glasses or in your ear, even your brain.What do you guys feel the next stages of mobile phones will be?

With the faster approaching advances in television screens, in 10 years we could have mobile phones which are flexible. In 20 years phones which use hologram technology. Probably shorter then that they?ll have mobiles which are simply chips in your glasses or in your ear, even your brain.Yes, I had that therory about a chip in your brain or something it would be awsome!! espically with all these new mobile phones coming out it is hard to decide what to pick since there is such a huge varity and the thought of your mobile being a computer is amazing! Also I see mobile phone internet 3G is getting pretty famous maybe some day it will match up to broadband speed or maybe faster!

I agree. We can't even imagine about the future of mobile phones. They are improving that much fast.

Theyll probably be new software which links mobiles to a computer and allows the person to access all the files they have on their computer through the phone.

Already many third party applications are available to access your desktop. Of course. Limited functionality. In the near furure, definitely we can access the system completely.

In 20 years phones which use hologram technology. Probably shorter then that theyll have mobiles which are simply chips in your glasses or in your ear, even your brain

.Mobile is already a part of our life. In the future, it will become a part of our body. I don't think it will take 20 years for that.
In the future mobile phones can respond to our mood. It will be our personal assistant(with thinking capability).

Your right, mobile phones have come along way, but I believe they have a long way to go until chips in your brains. The development of mobiles has increased so much from the simple 'black text' but I feel they have developed too much. Its time for them to take an ease, before they sky rocket into the big stuff.

But who knows?

The current problem with mobile phones is not the phones them selfs but the providers to which they are supported. You can have the same model phone on two different phones and see two different out comes. Capabilities of the network have alot to do with it. Rev A is great but you wont see much difference in gsm until they launch wcdma in the us.

I find what is going on to be amazing too. I mean they already have TV on phones...My biggest issue with the phones and how they are progressing is that they are too small. Now obviously that's the purpose of being a phone but still...If I wanted to get files off my pc, watch tv, etc. I would just take a laptop. Now only are they faster and more efficient but they have bigger screens.It's like everyone wants cell phones to eventually take over the need for laptops and/or desktops or something.Don't get me wrong, some newer things like bluetooth and all of that is pretty cool, but there are a lot of unnecessary things as well(Tv, games, etc.)

Already with a combination of different apps, you can listen to music on your computer from your iPhone, streaming over the internet. This stuff is just going to go further. But new advances with capability aside, there's actually a fair amount of cell phone technology that we haven't even seen yet in the US. In Korea, they already have cell phones with 3-D displays, so real holographic displays aren't that far behind. These phones also have two lenses to take 3-D pictures as well. And they've had TV on those phones for several years already, not to mention lots of other capability, like using your cell phone to buy stuff from vending machines. Unfortunately they don't work on US networks so you can't even crack them and use them here... we'll just have to wait. But by the time we have this technology in the States, the newest phones on the other side of the world will probably be able to translate languages for you or something...

What I see to be the future of phones is complete sync between your mobile phone and your computer. For your phone to be your away computer which you have on you 24/7. Theyll probably be new software which links mobiles to a computer and allows the person to access all the files they have on their computer through the phone.

PDAs and smart-phones were the attempt at synchronising your phone with your PC so you could have all your files with you. The problem is that they are just too small to use for editing files, and increasing their size made them less portable (and more like laptops). This meant they are mainly used for viewing files rather than creating or editing them. Can you imagine using something as complex as OpenOffice on a tiny PDA screen? Synchronising is also notoriously unreliable, especially when there are conflicts.

Also, I don't think synchronising will be necessary. I think we'll move towards more centrally stored files (i.e. Google Docs type thing) so that they are accessible from any web-enabled device. That removes the problem of synchronising, but does leave all your files reliant upon one service, and they are inaccessible when you don't have the Internet. Perhaps when municipal public WiFi is more readily available, this sort of idea will be more widely used.

With the faster approaching advances in television screens, in 10 years we could have mobile phones which are flexible. In 20 years phones which use hologram technology. Probably shorter then that theyll have mobiles which are simply chips in your glasses or in your ear, even your brain.

Touch screens seem to be the way to go at the moment, and flexible screens seem like a natural next step. At the moment a touch screen makes the phone bigger so that the screen can be big enough to use easily. With a flexible screen you could roll it up or fold it or something so that it would be more compact when not in use, but still the same large size when you need it.

Holograms would be a huge advance in technology, and I just don't really see the need. Plus, can you imagine the cost?! It's already more expensive to send a text message than to send/receive data to/from the Hubble telescope, so how much would a hologram cost?! As for putting them in my brain? I think not.

Holograms...Great idea...Actually that could be used for REAL talking to friends/relatives. Maybe one day it will be to where it's like they are actually in front of you.Or they could also be used for things like maps, so that rather than looking on a small screen you could actually see the map in front of you, making it easier to pinpoint locations.

With the faster approaching advances in television screens, in 10 years we could have mobile phones which are flexible. In 20 years phones which use hologram technology. Probably shorter then that theyll have mobiles which are simply chips in your glasses or in your ear, even your brain.

That would be sooooooo cool. They could have like "4D" movies with the holograms! Mobile phones in brains, I think would be kind of boring. You wouldn't be able to see how cool the phone looks.

As you can see on google, the new G1 phones are out! It's like a handheld computer! It also has tons of other functions. I want one!!!!

That would be sooooooo cool. They could have like "4D" movies with the holograms! Mobile phones in brains, I think would be kind of boring. You wouldn't be able to see how cool the phone looks.
As you can see on google, the new G1 phones are out! It's like a handheld computer! It also has tons of other functions. I want one!!!!

I think phones in the brain would actually be better than the ones that you hold. Have you ever noticed how people drive when they are holding a cell phone up to their ear? It's scary to notice how many people drive wreckless due to having to hold it up.