xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Advertisements On Trap17 I think there should be more ads

Advertisements  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think there should be more ads on this site. it means they can make more money so they can spend more money on the site to make it even better than it already is. i personally don't mind ads on websites they don't affect me and as i send above they give to company more money to spend on the website.

We are earning from ads by showing them to the guests who shower in mainly from search engines. :-) Compared to that, showing it to regular members during posting and activity gets too much :lol:

If you have seen other forums that have those advertising bots or ad that get posted in between posts and what not, it looks very ugly and on top of that people would have to scroll more just to find posts. Of course that is the wonders of having paid hosting to tie into free hosting and that way you can help cover the costs and what not, besides 2-3 clicks a day by a few hundred people does make a nice little profit.

I like the way they do it now, although I wouldn't mind a few ads at the bottom of every page. That way they are there, but not annoying regular forum-goers.

I think ads can look tacky, but if positioned correctly can also look quite nice. I think a few ads at the bottom of the page would fit in quite nicely, but ad bots and ads between posts is something that I'm not a fan of.If the site is making enough money as it is, then no need for any more ads!

yeah just a few well positioned ads wouldn't be bad but if you go onto mpcforum.com its horrible!! they have like so many popups and stuff offering trash and its so anoying. we don't want Xisto becoming like that but as i said a few in good places would be nice.

Like everyone else has said, if they are well positioned I would not mind, but if they are pop ups, I would object very strongly. If you were to position them well, it would make the site look neat and lively.

omg I didn't even know there is ads on this site, since I use adblock with firefox and I just don't notice them. Anyway, I wouldn't mind a little next ad somewhere here but not POPUPS AND NO ADS BETHWEEN POSTS. I've been on forums and it's really annoying to see ads bethween posts and flash ads that are annoying for the eye.

I agree with baniboy. I do not mind ads on the forum/website but flashing images like the ads made by Flash are very annoying. When your trying to read posts or something of the sort, them flashing ads always get the attention by the eyes. Popup ads like on UnlimitedMB suck. All the time they appear as soon as a site loads up (regularly) and are annoying because you have to click the "CLOSE" link/text/button on the big ad box.I personally like some ads whereas you can make some money from them being displayed on your website. But I am rarther getting suspitious with Kontera.com. I've setup my account, done the thing in my "My Controls Ad Revenue" and put the code in my forums Board header and footer section. And still no money at all.

I think there should be more ads on this site. it means they can make more money so they can spend more money on the site to make it even better than it already is. i personally don't mind ads on websites they don't affect me and as i send above they give to company more money to spend on the website.

We are earning from ads by showing them to the guests who shower in mainly from search engines. :-) Compared to that, showing it to regular members during posting and activity gets too much :P

well you both have a very good point there. yes these ad's help pay the way for Xisto. and maybe there should be more of them. but this is just me though. I find a side with a zillion ad's on it a pain in the you know what. So maybe it is a toss up. not sure how it would work but maybe a seperate page so you can have even more ad's yet they would not take up the whole site?

I think ads on Xisto are must. I don't understand why people hate any service if they get it for free and then ehy complain for ad as well. We can see how google is falling down, they're shutting down services one by one. Recently they shut down google notebook which was good service without ads. Looking at the financial crisis all over the world,web hosts do need to pay their bills and get paid for their hardwork. Free hosting can't be justified "without any ads on either forums or website". If free host wants to keep their servers going they need to get paid by some source and that is ads. So ads even on member sections of forums are justified IMO.

For my personal preference, sometime ads could be extremely annoying as they can go into the way of my eyesight - even at the corner. Although I acknowledge the purpose of ads, putting them in the wrong place is.....Depending on where the ads are place, I wouldn't mind their existance - sometimes they will give me ideas as well (no particular type of ideas, just ideas).

its not ok with me. i dont agree.
actually whatever the Xisto has by default is good, more adds means more disturbance.