xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Youtube Allowing Stupid People To Upload Video's

I think youtube needs to clamp down on letting stupid people upload videos, because really what is the point of creating the same type of video over and over again. My first mistake was even youtubing the Obama and Bill Ayer's connection thing, the second of course was watching those stupid movies and my third was watching even more stupid videos. All these people do is upload conspiracy theory videos claiming they have proof that Obama is a Muslim terrorist and that help help blow up the White House and junk like that, and of course you have people like McCain believing in all that junk and instead trying to win the campaign all he is doing is attack, attack, attack. Anyway, people on youtube need to get a life no wonder, children are hooked on youtube because their stupid friends tell them to watch stupid videos trying to connect everyone on the human planet as a terrorist, the anti-Christ, and Satan himself. I don't mind the attention seeking videos that much because its obvious and I don't watch them. Heck I am surprise those same stupid people haven't posted videos of what they are going to do if Obama gets elected. Of course its is obvious, more or less, most of those videos are racial bias and other prejudicial reasons why these stupid people post these videos.Well this is just my vent filled with opinions, disagree or agree if you want, but don't try to label my political views as I have none.

i get your point but it gives some clowns a chance to put their own trash on even if it isn't good. it means that any random joe blogg can give youtube a shot. but yeah most of the stuff on youtube is rubbish.

I agree, youtube has cool stuff, but also a lot of trash. To me, the worst I've seen are foreign language videos with fake subtitles =_=I don't suppose youtube would bother establishing any form of quality control though. If they had time and resources, they'd probably address copyright content first as those are most likely to get them into trouble. So guess we'll have to put up with the rubbish.

well, most if not all of that content you are harping about emanates from US citizens themselves. and isn't that what you have fought for in uniform to protect, SM? :lol:FREEDOM! (including the freedom to act and be stupid for all the world to see) ^_^

i'd suggest you stick to youtube channels for your particular point of interests to watch. and if it be the US 2008 elections, you can try http://www.youtube.com/yt/government101/. channels provide less clutter, but not always. but it beats random search results from a myriad of youtube uploaders.

Well that why I said users and not U.S. users :lol: and yeah I would agree that using the channels will help a lot more, but alas though I am a victim of stupidity I can't resist some stupidity but sometimes it just repeats itself and the point people are trying to make gets lost.

yes..there is a lot of trash on youtube...and even if we all agree upon removing it...how is it going to be done..how can the you tube people filter out such videos as there are so many videos being uploaded all the time....I don't think they will get much success even if they start deleting such videos themselves...

First amendment, brother. :lol: It sucks, but it's like every other gig with freedom of speech and expression and whatnot. What I'd like to get rid of are the duplicate videos, the ones that make you think it's something else, and the outwardly retarded (although that goes against the argument of freedom of speech). There are ways to flag and report a video, which I would think that would help in removing a video, but as far as retarded crap about politics or conspiracies or whatnot, we should be more thankful for educated, supported-with-good-arguments-and-sources possibilities for different scenarios of things. Take the happenings of the terrorist attacks on September 11th, for example. Believe what you believe, but you can't completely belittle the other possibilities when they make decent arguments to other possible happenings that possibly help explain what happened on that day. Gotta keep an open mind, right? ^_^ I think it's funny how the world works where everyone thinks everyone else is an idiot to some degree if their views don't coincide with their own. But hey, an opinion is an opinion and should be valued as such, right? :D

I think tons of videos are stupid on youtube, and I'm not even talking about random conspiracy-theory videos...we'd still have those even if there wasn't a youtube...it's just the stupid videos that nobody would want to watch of people doing stupid stuff... and by stupid I don't mean funny-stupid I mean pointless-stupid.But what is really annoying on youtube is the people who comment on videos who have no idea what they're talking about or who just spam for the heck of it. like if you read the thread for any popular video, you'll have a few people saying random crap, two or three people making outrageous uninformed statements, and everyone else telling the stupid people to shut up...there are very feel worthwhile comments it seems. I mean, it doesn't really bother me that much, but I really think some people ought to get a life instead of making random stupid comments on youtube videos. And same thing with people who spam wikipedia... I mean it can be funny, but most of the time messing up an article is just stupid and annoying for people who actually want to get information about something...I guess it's just the inherent flaws in people-created information...you'll always have people who are dumb and screw stuff up...

I LOVE the comments on YouTube! They make me feel so much better about myself... ^_^

I agree that there are some, if not a heck of a lot of ignorant and/or retarded people out there. Some people do it because they know they'll get a rise out of others... others are unfortunately born and raised. :lol:

And now, an image we can all relate to... humorously:

Notice from truefusion:
Image removed for containing foul language.

Of course, that is another reason why I hate stupid video because of the stupid comments that have nothing to do with the video get posted. Of course, I do understand the first amendment but really some people just do it to get attention because they have nothing else better to do and sadly though some of those people get youtube famous because of their attention seeking ways.

I agree, youtube has cool stuff, but also a lot of trash. To me, the worst I've seen are foreign language videos with fake subtitles

I remember watching a German clip about Hitler in youtube with English subtitles talking about the state of European football. For a while I thought that clip was amazing until my dad (who can speak German) pointed out to me that the script and subtitles don't match! :lol:

Unlike you, I wouldn't want to remove these videos even if I have to admit they are , I quote, "trash"! If you ask me, they serve a purpose. For me Prior to my watching the German clip, I was really buried with a lot of school work and watching that clip was a breather. At least for a while I was able to rest myself and my mind. Although I have to admit that video was really shallow but I guess we need shallow things every once in a while.

BTw, the comments too are very entertaining.

I was gonna wait till October 15th to post a 2 year reply, but then I thought, who cares.Anyway... there will always be stupid videos, mainly because there are stoopid people. But like what's hid face said, I wouldn't remove them, it makes for good entertainment. i mean you wouldn't have a topic without them, right?I've made stupid video, mainly because I was bored. The video that I can't stand are the inside joke videos. No one is gonna get them but a few unique individuals. Those are the worst.....Don't wait 2 years to respond. Thats a long time to have a good conversation :)

when i type japan i get lots of nonsense videos uploaded today , i try to sort by day of upload because i want to know whats going on their in japan , and mostly i see videos of dreaming people thinking about showing their selves and smiling and biting their lips in a cross side vibrating caution for the viewers to grasp their beauty of lie just like a mask to who people are really are .oooo GOD :(

Yes this is really getting annoying, why people choose titles which are not related to the content of the clips. some years ago when you type you interested title in the youtube search you find you results in the first page now if you search something you have to dig many pages to find only one result related to your search and thanks to google professional screenshots most of the videos are only having a black screenshot and this makes you to open the video itself and waste your time seeing videos that stupid peoples have uploaded to only fake your results, this makes me really disappointed about youtube and this is why that i now barely go to youtube, i now prefer to read a review rather than seeing it because when i search some device with word "Review" i get a lot of scam videos that are not even related to any word of my searched title.Now when you open the first page of google just look at what videos you see, most of them are just crap. i don't know how much fun it is to waste your bandwidth for uploading a video that is just only for faking peoples search, but i know that if google don't do anything about that, it will loose all of its real visitors who really care about the content and want to learn something not just wasting their times fooling around. youtube is now like a toy for children to get a video of their friends while fighting with each other and then uploading it to youtube for showing that to other peoples, this is not a great way of wasting time and money.Youtube was a real hope in some years ago while people was able to share what they have experienced about a device and those who wasn't able to watch television and was able to keep up with the news through youtube but now it is not like that anymore. it is just a website full of spam and advertisements, you can barely find what you want in it and many peoples have left it. i found that many websites that are caring about video reviews are using their own server for keeping their video reviews. one of them is CNET which is using their own built service to keep their videos so they will keep their videos away from being buried under thousands of fake results.News websites has started to do that too and this shows that youtube is left behind and soon with other failed services of google like google wave or google buzz this one will be forgotten too if they do not take a serious action about fake uploaders. actually i found that recently google search is going down too and it gives me a lot of fake results too and this is really sad.

Your post kind of reminded me of something I remember from way back in my childhood. We are talking way back there folks. I was just a little kid. Anyway, it was so long ago that we still had party lines in this neck of the woods. For those of you that are probably too young to even know what the heck I'm talking about, in rural areas people couldn't have their own private phone line. You had to share a ling with a group of people, often as many as 10 families would be on one line! Talk about having a hard time getting to use the phone! There would always be at least one person in the group on the line that would hog the phone and you could never use it. It would sure be funny in this day and age with so many people who have their cell phones and don't seem to be able to go more than 2 minutes without talking to somebody on the phone, but anyway, back to my story.There were these 2 old ladies on our party line. Every single week without fail, the day after the Tom Jones show came on, they would get on the phone with each other and start carrying on about how terrible that show was, how vulgar and disgusting it was, with all his gyrating and hip shaking and dancing about on stage while he was singing, and how it was too brash and should not be allowed to be seen on television. I suspect those old gals would be turning over in their graves if they say television today, with outright nudity, etc, but anyway, every single week they watch Tom Jones and every single day after they would hog the party line and complain about it. (on party lines, when you picked up the phone, if someone else was using it you could listen in to their conversation, for those of you young 'uns who are unfamiliar with party lines) One day when their conversation had gone on for a considerable length of time, and I needed to use the phone, I just couldn't help myself, I blurted out into their converstation, "Well, if you think it is so horrible, why on earth do you watch it every single week?" Well, that ended their conversation not only for that day, but I never heard them discussing Tom Jones again. So, the same holds true here. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you watch U tube videos. And it's a pretty safe bet that given the number of stupid people on the earth, that there will be no end to the posting of stupid videos. So, the solution to your problem is really very simple. Don't watch U tube. :rolleyes: