xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PB_jelly22

Age Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi Unable to join game

I have a hamachi account with my friends and we sometimes play aoe2 but for most of my friends i cant play with them because when ever i try and join there game it sais "unable to join game". Hva etried with turning both of our firewalls off at the same time while joining but even that didnt work. Whats wrong with it???

With hamachi you should be able to join-you need to check the version numbers of your games. If one has upgraded and the other hasn't you won't be able to join. Also are you able to play another game on that hamachi network. And if you can't join their game try and start a game and see if they can join. Good luck :lol:KJ

Try reinstalling hamachi and reinstalling the game. If your friend is using a cracked or torrented version some games that brings conflicts. Make sure you have both got the EXACT same version. That means if he downloaded it from a torrent, you must to. Same with legal versions. Good luck though finding the answers, I've had countless times trying to play hamachi on LAN only to find out the problem was that their using a cracked version.

Well i downloaded a cracked version of the game and put it on a usb and gave it to some of my friends. 1 of my friends actually purchased the cd, and i can connect to him fine. 1 of my friends who i gave my version to on a usb can connect to me fine, infact everyone can connect to him and he can connect to everyone perfectly. However a couple of my other friends who have my version from the usb cant connect to me and i cant connect to them. This is the problem.

Age of Empires 2 : Conquerors over Hamachi

Age Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

Hey people, I tested today AOE2:C over Hamachi.

I tested on my PC and Toshiba laptop. Both of them have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed. PC is connected to internet this way (Ethernet LAN card >UTP LAN cable> D-Link DSL-G684T wirellese ADSL router > phone line.

My Toshiba laptop is connected by wireless card to the same router.

1. I installed Hamachi 1.0.3.0 on both computers, gave both computers 5 character names in lowercase and Hamachi created IP adresses for both. My firewall reported that a new Local Area Network named hamachi is active

2. I installed AOE 2 and AOE2:C from same CDs (pirated version with crack)

3. I installed AoC 1.0e Patch on both computers which I downloaded from internet

4. I unblocked these games in firewalls to allow them internet connection. I have Comodo Firewall 3.5 installed on both, plus Windows firewall is active on laptop (I also unblocked AOE2:C in it)

5. Created a network in Hamachi on a PC, and joined it with laptop's Hamachi. In Hamachi I can see that both computers are visible

6. Then I entered the game on both computers, and with a PC I created Multiplayer game by selecting last option Local(LAN) TCP/IP Connection

7. I entered the game on a laptop, selected Multiplayer and a last option on a list > Local(LAN) TCP/IP Connection

7a. Now I can see the game created by a PC on a laptop, click Join and it WORKS!

I played only a few minutes but I hope that it will work.

P.S. I know this works because of Hamachi. How? Simply when I shut Hamachi down on these computers, I try to play AOE2:C in multiplayer over LAN and no games are showing on the other computer. And they are connected over the same router.

P.S. 2 My email is overmind_555 ats hotmail.Com so anyone who wants a quick game of AOE2:C over Hamachi just contact me. I haven't played it for years and sometimes I was veery good at it.

-reply by Marka

hi guys,

The answer to all your questions,

This method works with starcraft ipx aswell (xp systems only if you want starcraft to work with ipx) with updates it works with tcp.

Forget all the router rubbish if you do manage to get that to work its sheer dumb luck. I have tried it all,

First of all you need an old version of hamachi this is the key!

http://www.oldapps.com/download.Php?oldappsid=HamachiSetup-1.0.1.1-en.Exe

thats the version you want, do not update it at all.

Next is disable your firewall and then go into settings in your firewall, click advanced and make sure you untick hamachi in protected networks.

Apply all that go into your game of aoe2 or starcraft. And it will work.

This method works with vista.

Regards

George

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: problems with hamachi and age of empires 2

age of empires conquerorsAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

if you want to play age of empires conquerors join this hamachichat

name: ageoe 1.0  

password: 123

so I want to play again age of empires and I want to start again my chat so if you want to play join this chat

Hamachi and AgesAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

You don't have to downgrade hamachi.Its as simple as this, In XP go to control panel, Then Network Connections, Then at the top you should see the menu bar, Click on advanced, Click advanced settings. Then simply move hamachi to the top of that list.The problem is that ages gives you the IP of the highest priority network device.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here is how you do it in vista, Cheers.This will not help people with the unable to join game problem. The to soultions ( unproven to me) that I found were to change your computer name to something with 5 normal characters, and upgrade DX9.

-reply by SlyNine

Fix to many Ages and Hamachi problemsAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

This probably wont help Jelly22, But it may help many with Hamachi and Ages 2.

Ok, I found a solution with hamachi and age of empires 2. AFTER 2 YEARS!!

Its as simple as this, In XP go to control panel, Then Network Connections, Then at the top you should see the menu bar, Click on advanced, Click advanced settings. Then simply move hamachi to the top of that list.

The problem is that ages gives you the IP of the highest priority network device.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Here is how you do it in vista, Cheers.

PS If this doesn't work use Hamachi 1.0.1.1, and be careful with Linksys WRT54GS Version 6 routers. This router is the reason I couldn't figure out the problem for 2 years. If anyone has any idea why I'd be happy to know.

-reply by SlyNine

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Tested and resolved AOE 2 over hamachi networkAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

Hy !

Thanks to all for replaying to these proablem.

I've tested AOE 2 Conq. Over hamachi network and it is working 100% with no proablems, but before to achieve the above "statament" (I mean working 100%) I've tested aprox. 7 days to find out whay it wont't work in the first place ...

so I have one ruter from my ISP: Speedouch 615v6 with one lan out and a router DIR-100 who give net to my 2 pc on my lan net.

Ok. So if I want that my age 2 C. To work I put  my pc directly on my speedtouch router and age works 100% after I opened the ports needed for aoe 2 and that are:

2300 to 2400 and 47624 to 47624 TCP and UDP.

I've made all but all possible combination on my second ruter dir-100 from D-Link and nor was working. I modifyed port forwarding on my router DIR-100, aplication ..., I put my pc on DMZ zone, I 've erase all the firewall rules and then put only my pc ip on DMZ .. Nothing could make it work right. (in these steps it let me to make the game others could see me .. But if my friends make the game I can't even se de game on lan PCT/IP ); and in the last try I've disable de firewall .. (but as I see on DLINK web site the firewall will never be disable 100 %). So I need now a switch to put my pc only on my ISP router !

and only on my ADSL SpeedTouch router I can see the other game and I can make the game and others can connect to it without the error "Could not connect" !

I hope that information could be helpful to somebody.

-reply by icoman

Using Hamachi with a wireless USB modemAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

Does Hamachi work with a Wireless UBS Modem? (Like the pre-paid ones)? because a friend and I have tried to connect to each other to play AOE 2 and 3and it keeps on acting up. My friend has windows Vista while I have windows XP. We tried hosting, then joining... Nothing worked... And then I read that Hamachi might work, but need to know if it will work with the type of modem I have. It is a telstra 7.2 modem. Both my friend and I live in australia

-reply by Shadow

You have to move your hamachi vlan up the list in your my network places list.... You can view the list under my network places --> advanced settings... only when you move the connection to the top, you would be able to play the game...Another good option for you would be to try game ranger. It s an easy to use software... GUI is pretty easy to work on. Try Gameranger if you get stuck up with hamachi..

In case anyone needs the summaryAge Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

OK, to sum up: In order to play Aoe 2 - Conquerors with a remote pc (no local LAN needed) you must:

1. Move hamachi up the order of network connections (right click on network connections>advanced settings>advanced)

2. OPEN THE PORTS MENTIONED ON YOUR ROUTER (this is the most important step)

3. Disable windows firewall or just add an exception for hamachi and aoe2

that's it...

-reply by Preacher