Sign in to follow this  
PB_jelly22

Age Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi Unable to join game

you MUST ALL be on the same class C hamachi network

use aliases to accomplish this

easy

hamachi does not require port forwarding: that's the point

unless your 'router' is using a retardedly lame "cone" mplementation

Edited by Time Warner Cable SUCKS (see edit history)

There is a much better alternative to Hamachi....Age Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

There is a better program you can use to play Age of Empires 2 online. It works on the same principle as Hamachi (creating a virtual LAN), but it is designed specifically for playing games and works much, much better with no configuration.It's called Tunngle, and, just like hamachi, it's free, easy to set up, lightweight, secure and creates direct peer to peer connections with little latency. As of now, it's only in beta, so it's only in German, but a proper release in English is expected very soon. This tutorial shows you how to use it.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ played Age of Empires 2 with a friend and it worked the first time, no problems whatsoever :)You can download Tunngle from https://www.tunngle.net/en

-reply by marzzbar

Hamachi games listing. Auto-updating!Age Of Empires The Conquerers On Hamachi

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ can find all the hamachi games in this web site. Over 2000 games are registered. You can find networks for all the games that you are looking forThe difference of this site from other hamachi network web sites;-Auto validation: No invalid networks can be found.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hi

i found a solution just 2 days ago!! me and my friend have been trying for days to get it working. i had no clue this was cousing my problems, not just for aoe2 but for other games as well. and torrent :P

the problem was not with hamachi or gameranger, patches or with any hamachi version, but with my network setup. i thought it was working correctly, but no :P

if you suspect somethings wrong with your network, i recommend checking this out.

i tried to do a portforward, but with a port checker from portforward.com i found that my port did not open no matter what i did.

so i started googleing and found out that i was behind 2 routers. first my modem(1), that was acctually a router/modem and a second router(2) i use for wireless access. this coused problems. (double NATed)

the simpest solution is to replace the router(2) with a wireless access point of course, but its not so difficult if you'r not afraid to mess around in the router settings.

check to see if you are double NATed.

login to your router(2) and see what WAN ip address it has. (type ipconfig in cmd to find default gateway and enter the ip in the web browser)

portforward.com has username and password information for most routers if you dont allready know.

under status->WAN it displays the routers ip, it SHOULD be your externatl ip. BUT! if it is 192.168.x.x or somthing just like your local ip, you are double NATed.(to check local ip type ipconfig in cmd)

you can see your external ip at portforward.com home page.

okey to convert the router(2) to a wireless access point.

first you need to find the gateway to your modem/router(1). witch is not displayed with ipconfig, but with another command, tracerout or tracert on windows 7. type tracert http://forums.xisto.com/ or any other web page.

it will show you a list of jumps before it reaches the web page. the first jump will be your router/modem(1) 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.x.x (it also works with your external ip)

type this ip in your browser and login.

in the dhcp setting you should see a address pool, e.g 192.168.10.100 to 192.168.10.200. both you and your second router(to be converted) is in this scope. and is listed under address leases.

go back inn to your second router(2) and give it an ip outside of the scope. e.g 192.168.10.50 and deactivate dhcp. reboot.

the only thing that remains now is to take out the cable connecting the modem(1) to the routers(2) WAN port and connect it to the LAN port instead.

remember to enable upnp in your router/modem(1) and your good to go. no need to port forward :D

hamachi must be the highest priorety in the internett connections advanced settings so that aoe2 will use that ip, and game must be created with internett tcp/ip and join with hamachi ip.

aoe2 must be added to firewall exeptions. you must also end explorer.exe for the colors to work correctly in vista/win7.

both hamachi and gameranger should work now perfectly.

tnx and good luck :)