xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Prayer Can Bring Transformation Prayer is a Strong weapon

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

(Ps 91:15)
The chairman of a large shipping company was staying in a hotel room in Canada. He had everything, but at that moment he was so overwhelmed by the pressures and demands of his life. Inspite of being one of the richest men, he was wallowing in self-pity. He did not eat his food, and he could not sleep worrying about his business, investments, decisions, family, health, and even trivial things. Suddenly he cried aloud, God, it's a joke, isn't it? Life is nothing but a joke. Then it occurred to him that he has just talked to God, after a very, very long time probably since he was a little boy. He started praying, telling God about all his problems, anxiety and worries. Suddenly he heard a voice, It doesn't have to be that way. And a great peace enveloped his heart and soul. After he returned home, he told his wife about this incident and she said, That's the message of the Bible. Jesus saves us not only from sins but also from all our anxiety. We can cast all care on Him. He will free us. 'It doesn't have to be that way. Of course that man has struggles. He still has to work hard. But now, he has a source of strength. PRAYER! During times of stress, he prays. He says, "Prayer clears my head and reminds me of who I am and whose I am. I think back to the day in the hotel room in Canada and how depressed and lonely and lost I felt, until I heard God's voice saying, 'It doesn't have to be that way.'

Dear friends, dont we identify with this gentleman? Dont we worry too much about almost everything? It doesnt have to be that way. Let us pray to the Lord and be freed of fear and anxiety. Prayer is surely a strong weapon that the Lord has given us.

I full-heartedly am a believer in the power of prayer. Many, many stories exist describing the protecting and healing power of prayer.I have been a praying Christian as far back as I can remember and I also have been very blessed throughout my years as well.Once when I had a bad knee injury from repetitive running for track I could not run or play soccer for weeks.One day I was pleasantly surprised to notice that my knee was significantly better. Then the next few days brought nearly complete recovery to my knee.I learned the next day that my parents along with some fellow Christians had prayed for the healing of my knee just days ago. I then made the connection that God had responded to their prayer for my healing with a 'yes' and had initiated a speedy recovery and I silently prayed and thanked God.Yes, prayer can be transforming.

I'm a moslem, and gald to know that prayer in my religion can bring a peacefull to my heart, just look like i've doing today. and prayer can be more delightfull... if we can taste it :lol:

Dear friend I agree with you in full. I would like to add something here that good community can bring transformation and good natured people always believe in god and always pray for the betterment of their loved ones and above all for everyone. So I think in that sense this context should also be interpreted. Thanks dear friend for such a good title.?

I can't see talking to nobody helping me. I am an atheist. I understand why people would believe in god and pray; it's a great way to feel like you aren't in total control. And you can explain things that are otherwise unexplainable by simply creating an extravagant story and publishing an updated version of the bible.

I can't see talking to nobody helping me. I am an atheist. I understand why people would believe in god and pray; it's a great way to feel like you aren't in total control. And you can explain things that are otherwise unexplainable by simply creating an extravagant story and publishing an updated version of the bible.

I can't see talking to someone that isn't there as beneficial either. I'm a monotheist. I understand how assumptions without proof can cause disbelief and other statements without proof; it's a great way to feel secure. You can do away with God or a god by calling theories facts; and when they fail to do away with God or a god, you can always go back and fix them until they, at least subjectively, deny the existence of God or a god.
(Do note this entire statement of mine is rhetorical.)

I can't see talking to someone that isn't there as beneficial either. I'm a monotheist. I understand how assumptions without proof can cause disbelief and other statements without proof; it's a great way to feel secure. You can do away with God or a god by calling theories facts; and when they fail to do away with God or a god, you can always go back and fix them until they, at least subjectively, deny the existence of God or a god.
(Do note this entire statement of mine is rhetorical.)

well gentlemen if I may. there many ways and forms of talking to someone as you say it. It not be a prayer so to say. just a simple thought that you hold in your head, that keeps you going. I know before I met my GF I was not much into the praying thing. I am more of a believer in a higher power than in a (god) but now I do admit I find myself talking or thinking to that higher power daily. If you belive in something it is real. no matter what anyone says or think as long as You believe. Sounds like the old movie with Danny Glover and Tony Danza Angles in the outfrield but if You belive you can do almost anything.

I see how praying could help people. It puts a motivational thought in their head. They are expecting God to do something for them, but in the end they do it for themselves if it is reasonable. And I respect peoples beliefs. I just have yet to be convinced that there is a God or even a higher being, or possibly just a destiny for each person. They are empty explanations for things that have yet to be explained. I know this is unrelated but think of the past when the church would kill those who opposed them. Those who opposed were those who thought differently; those that "believed" in science. Why would they kill them for not believing in the same thing? Maybe because they didn't want the scientists to actually find out what really goes on in the world.