xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Juxt

Mets Fans Unite!

Any Mets fans here?I'm getting chills and blasts of memories from last year, now that the Phillies are just 1 game behind us. Sunday's game was just brutal, it was like a good movie with a really bad ending(No Country For Old Men).The good news is that we'd be winning the wild card if the Phillies passed us, but after last year, I'm not content with settling with the wild card. We need to tell the Phillies that we are the better team, you guys got lucky last year and it's not happening again. I mean, we even went out and got Johan Santana, and he was supposed to be the difference maker. Of course, this year we have some bad injuries(Maine and Wagner) that might cost us. We need a real closer to pitch for us, instead of this Luis Ayala guy, it's really unfortunate that Billy Wagner had to get hurt down the stretch. And during the off season we might need to sign a FA, maybe Brian Fuentes or K-Rod. I don't think we'll get K-Rod though because we still have to pay Billy Wagner's salary.Let's hope for the best, because I don't know what I'm going to do in October if the Mets don't get in.

The Mets have a big problem. There is no excuse for a bullpen to be that bad. You need a solid bullpen to win it all. Not many pitchers go deep in playoff games, you need a solid back end of the bullpen. I'd be interested to see who they move out of the rotation and into the pen if they make it. I don't think the Mets will sign K-Rod this winter. First of all, no reliever deserves to get paid more than Mariano Rivera, which is what he wants. Plus he has very bad mechanics with a violent delivery. This wont work forever, he will be prone to injuries, especially since hes been pitching so much this year.

I'm in also!I find it annoying that this is the second year in a row that the Mets were screwed out of the play-offs, by the Marlins, who had no incentive to win the game. Hopefully next year will be better.I personally think that firing Willie Randolf (who is a great player and coach) was a bad idea, but he could have used better judgment.

I'm in also!
I find it annoying that this is the second year in a row that the Mets were screwed out of the play-offs, by the Marlins, who had no incentive to win the game. Hopefully next year will be better.

I personally think that firing Willie Randolf (who is a great player and coach) was a bad idea, but he could have used better judgment.

Willie Randolf a good Idea? What a joke. He was one of the reasons the Mets did so poorly at the start of the season. Other reason being the Bullpen, 2 players I will not go into because if I do I will surely be banned for life for saying how I really feel of these two pitchers who could not even throw a sandlot pick up game with 6yr kids.

What the Met's should do this winter are 3 things

1 better Pitching

2 Dont Trade off these new kids that have brought up from the minors.

3 and this is the most imprtant thing. Play as a TEAM. Not who can get the most homers or RBIs

and maybe get that 1986 attitude back. They are the best team in all of baseball I feel.

I love the Mets, but honestly, they were not that great of a team last year. I think its really all their pitching staff, yes they had Santana, but half the games he left ahead the bulpen lost. The bulpen obviously needs improvement, but the starters (other than Santana) all need to be much more consistant too. I think otherwise they had an excellent team last year (offensively and defensively). How about Delgado's amazing comback, do you think it was him just not playing for Wille? I don't really buy that, and I'm happy they switched managers, not that I didn't like Wille, but I thought Manuel did a better job. In other words, I would agree with Thunder on this one.

Edited by snowisawsome (see edit history)

I think the past few years the only thing that was wrong was (as you said) the bullpen. If the Mets were losing in the 7th, they never had a chance at a comeback because of the bullpen.Now if they had the good old bullpen of 2000 they would be doing a lot better....

I think the past few years the only thing that was wrong was (as you said) the bullpen. If the Mets were losing in the 7th, they never had a chance at a comeback because of the bullpen.
Now if they had the good old bullpen of 2000 they would be doing a lot better....

hey, they got k-rod and jj putz, that should really help their bullpen, although they lost heilman and endy.

hey, they got k-rod and jj putz, that should really help their bullpen, although they lost heilman and endy.

only K_Rod Puntz Redding. that is a start. They still need two more in there starting rotation. We know Padro if he stays, which I doubt, will end up on the DL like so many times before. Maine will be So So if his arm holds out. Remember he is comming off shoulder surgery. now you must think of the kids in the minors. will they hold up? Also too with Jerry Manual talking of dropping the worthless 100 pitch count, will all hold up? We know that Santana can go a good 130 140 pitches. if the mets coaching staff can work with there starters and there bullpin this year. I know and will say it here and now 2009NLC Champs.