xisto Community
shadowx

Free (legal) Flash Editor? Anyone?

hi folks, im looking into starting flash and learning it etc....I have some experience from flash at school where they had the flash suites. But i cant afford freaking?600 just for a computer program. Its absolutely ridiculous. For that i could buy two laptops. What the hell. Macromedia has issues.I might not even get into flash and quit so i need a free flash editor, that gives me most of the features from the stupid paid software but for free.Anyone know of one?

That are a lot of people that do not pay for any program, they just use the illegal serial number, the illegal patch, the illegal crack or just the cracked version of it, all downloadable from the very well known warez websites, and not one person has gone to jail because of it, only if you use that illegal programs in companies, that is fair because you are making money, but that is a very polemic subject, i used to use cracks and stuff like that, now i do not have any interest, i learned all that i needed, so i am ok now.Do what you must to learn if you really must learn flash, you can also learn by reading from chm and pdf ebooks, obviously that they are not free, but the internet is a very big place, you can use google to find what you want, just use the right keywords/key phrases.This is about software and some about ebooks, i just wonder if anyone is going to dare to say that is against using illegal programs and stuff, when i know that illegal mp3 is downloaded hourly by almost everyone in the world that uses the internet, n ot only with a computer, but also with other devices that can connect, download and play music.

Aye, im not against illegal software, however i dont want to be traced. Of course, in a hypothetical situation i would use my firewall to block all outgoing and incoming requests for the program :)But if theres a legal option id prefer that, i did hear that some companies werent prosecuting students and non-profit people as they know that once they become professionals they will buy the program.But its still a risk.

A list of free tools is available here.
You can try using FlashDevelop.

If you do by Adobe Flash and decide to make games or something, you should be able to get your investment back by sponsorships (e.g. send email to websites like ArmorGames, or submit to FlashGameLicense for a large possible sponsor audience), and Kongregate runs monthly and weekly contests that pays the highest rated games.
In addition, MochiAds can get you ad revenue on a per view basis, an alternative is GameJacket (which has a possible $1000 grant if the team thinks your game is good).

Forget about it all the free tools and programs that "say" that they will create, edit and do amazing shockwave/flash animations/applications, maximum, those free tools/programs will not have the tools/extensions/add-on's and all of the other menu commands and flash programming language, which is actionscript (which you should know it by now, it do not know for sure), and those free tools/programs do not program, do not create, do not edit, do not do a thing like the programs youshould use, that you MUST USE TO REALLY LEARN FLASH AND ACTIONSCRIPT, which are: . SwishMAX 2 . Adobe Flash CS3 . I have those programs one of my 2 computers, the one that is not connected to the internet, i have the other computer to connect to the internet through Proxies and ISP's and stuff from my European country, Portugal (yes, not many people know that Portugal is the first country of Europe, they think that it is Spain, well...back to the subject--->), and you do not need to block all the bites that cracked programs try to send and receive to some ip adress on the internet, adobe and swishMAX, at least adobe had in a later version a detector of cracked versions and illegal serial numbers in computers connectd to the internet, there are antivirus and firewall disablers/terminaters, or just to suspend the firewall while the send and receive of the data they want to send and receive, they have some of the best programmers would not you agree with me? I must think you would by now!Think, if you must learn any subject, you must learn from the best, you must learn using the best, so in this case, i mean, in your specific case, you must buy adobe flash CS3 or adobe flash 8 or macromedia flash mx which is an older version but it is wildly used still today, only a small porsion of companies in the world update adobe programs, it is mad the prices they calculate to people buy there products, when they obviously know that if they do what they are doing, which is puting adobe flash CS3 with a very high price, people will visit a warez website, which are MANY, which already provide a zip/rar archive with the program and the exact serial number and/or the exact crack and/or patch (i use and and or with "/" because sometimes they include the serial number to insert and then a crack or a patch to double-click it to crack/patch the "x" file that it needs to be cracked after the insertion of the serial number, and i am just telling you this because it is nothing new, adobe and swishzone administration know by fact which, when and how many computers use cracked versions of there products, with some exceptions of course, there are smart people out there that they can not discover, and when they do, they higher those people, or google/yahoo/microsoft does.That is a lot of talking of this and that, but it is all conected, and i hope you learned with me ShodowX, i did with someone else, so do not waist your time with the so called free tools and programs out there, when you will need to use the adobe flash programs, which use the be called macromedia flash programs which you also should know by now, you will realize that you can not learn from nothing and nobody unless the BEST! And adobe and swishzone administration will thank you for it in the future if you become a good webdesigner, webmaster, flash developer, flash creator, flash editor, FLASH MASTER! So show us all what you can do, but learn it now, learn with the best flash ebooks and with with best flash editors with are, again: . SwishMAX 2 . Adobe Flash CS3 Take care.

hmm i don't know so much about flash, i have adobe flash cs3 but i just know some actionscript and tweening to create my basic flash which is shown at my site.why dont those free tools support actionscript, since actionscript is important in todays flash. after reading lyon2, i really think that you should buy a copy of flash cs3/flash mx, shadowx, how about your decision?

Haha the last thing i do will be to buy the damn thing! Out of principal i will never *buy* it :) 600 is WAY too much for ANY software!Ill just stick with what i have now!

you don't even know what you want to do with flash yet so ust stick with the school's computer for learning until you decide to pursue it further. i don't why this topic lead to cracked software and serials but $600 IS too much for someone that just wants to learn and fiddle. use your best judgement. i disagree with one of the last posters. there will ALWAYS be people who use the cracked software and stolen serials no matter how expensive or inexpensive software is. THAT is why prices are high. in which case, they know only the serious will buy and they really don't give a rats *bottom* about the little guy who wants to learn and fiddle with stuff. but after anyone learns and fiddles and decides to continue to use the software that would benefit anyone but yourself, then one should definately look towards supporting the company by buying the software otherwise, that would influence and compromise your moral character and values that shouldn't ever be compromised.

anyway, everything you are looking for right now is on the web. it's up to you to use good judgement.

Haha the last thing i do will be to buy the damn thing! Out of principal i will never *buy* it :) 600 is WAY too much for ANY software!
Ill just stick with what i have now!

In a former life I used to sell computer software, and I totally agree that software manufacturers are a greedy bunch. But one way that they are trying to be less so is by providing their software for trial periods. For instance, Adobe provide 30-day trials of all of their Creative Studio 3 packages that you can download and run the full versions of for 30 days. If after that time you decide that the package you have been using is going to meet your needs, then you can buy a license for it.

This 30-day trial model comes in other varieties also, commonly known as "crippleware". Instead of having the full program to play with for 30 days, you might get a limited version of the program, but be able to use it forever. They might disable certain functionality, such as saving or exporting files from the program. Another technique used is called "nagware", where you get the full program, but until you register it you keep on getting popup messages every five minutes reminding you to register, or that output files feature a watermark stating that this file was created using an unregistered version of the software. There are often other sales models employed by the manufacturer too, including different editions of the software, for instance, for upgrading from a previous (licensed) version, or for sale specifically to Academic institutions and students, or for sale bundled with new computer hardware (OEM bundled software). Many of these options are significantly cheaper than buying the software "off-the-shelf". I know that Microsoft does this also.

Sure, some people will even take advantage of this type of offer, creating patches that turn the 30-day trial into an unrestricted full product, or removing crippleware or nagware code from the executable. But if you're going to do this, then consider the consequences first. Not only could you be done for software piracy, as mentioned above, but also this has the effect of further increasing retail prices due to decreased revenue for the manufacturer. At least, that is what they say about music production and the MP3 piracy issue. In the long run it is cheaper to stay within the law.

Hi ShadowX, I am a Flash Developer myself :) I starting working with flash when I was fourteen .. and Flash was a cool thing then.. Started working with Version 4.0 .. Now I guess the latest is CS3. Anyways. I dont want to disappoint you but Flash wont get you anywhere .. I'll suggest you move on and try working with FLEX. FLEX has been released under open source .. If i remember correctly its FLEX 3.0. FLEX uses the same FLASH PLAYER as the FLASH does but is much more COOL :) Since FLEX uses ActionScripting 3.0 and MXML to produce Rich Internet Application. Ofcourse you wont be able to produce those cool Animations but you can work on this if you were going to work on it from Web point of view.FLEX is really Nice all u'll be needing is Eclipse and FLEX 3.0 both are free softwares and legally downloadable in most of the organizations including schools :Dand one more thing.. If you can work on FLEX you can always work on FLASH since the Actionscript in both is same but its not always the other way round. If you need any more help , I'll be more than happy.. You can pm me if you want ..

Shame on you man. Are you realy living in Portugal? How old are you? 80? Portuguese no more say that kind of things and they are proud of their history and of what they are doing in the late days. You should learn more about Portugal, man.

-reply by Por SantiagoKeywords:

Free (legal) Flash Editor? Anyone? free web hostingFree (legal) Flash Editor? Anyone?

Have you ever considered Silverlight, programmable in the free Visual Web Developer Express with the free Silverlight tools installed? May be something to look at, free too.