xisto Community
innosia

How To Create Pdf Files Using Free Tool Introduction to use a free tool to create PDF file

Now, that you don't need to have expensive software like Acrobat to create PDF. All you need is Microsoft Office and a software name doPDF.
You can download the freeware from http://www.dopdf.com/download.php
After downloading dopdf.exe, follow the instruction below
1. Double click to install it, as display at image 1.jpg, choose a language and click OK
2. You will see 2.jpg click next
3. Click I accept the agreement see 3.jpg, click next
4. Now you will see 4.jpg, select the folder to install it and click next
5. When seeing 5.jpg, This is the folder group in Start menu, let it as default and click next
6. Now this is an important step, when you see 6.jpg, check the checkbox Set doPDF 6 printer as default printer. You need to check it if you don't have a printer installed on your computer and does not use any printer on the network. Check it as default since you you can create PDF instead of printing.
7. Now when you see 7.jpg, this will ask you your default language, you can set the language you want
8. Now when seeing 8.jpg, click install
9. After the progress is finished like 9.jpg

NOW LETS Create the PDF
1. Open your Microsoft Word, then you can type like usual, inserting images and so on on word, this word will then be converted to PDF! For example see 10.jpg
2. If you are ready and finish your document, click file print, from the Name combo box, the default value should be doPDF if you installed it as default printer, if not then choose doPDF from the box, see 11.jpg
3. Click OK, and you will be prompted a dialog box, see 12.jpg, which is asking you where to save the created PDF file, to change it click browse
4. Click OK to save to the destination, and by default it will be opened up directly, and the result is 13.jpg. Now you have your PDF created without using Acrobat just plain usual Microsoft Word

Have fun with your PDF, you can distribute it as your software's help.

There are many free converters out there, which convert common files to PDF.I have an application which works in a similar way to the document image writer, which writes the file as PDF it came with a lexmark printer software package.If you want good control over the entire document and its layout etc, it is best to use the official PDF writer.

I can also tell you how to create pdf files using a free tool, and it is not using the free tool your just mentioned.I have used free pdfcreator for some years now, and i tryed other programs for the same purpose, to create/edit pdf files, and i must tell you that pdfcreator is the most simple and complete tool available on the internet, it is also completely free and it has no ads nor any kind of junk.Pdfcreator can create a pdf file out of any window opened that has a button to print, you just need to select the pdfcreator printer, then click print and you have your pdf file, either with images only, images and text, whatever.Pdfcreator can also be configured to insert all kind of information about the content the pdf file will have, plus information about the author/creator, plus security options which you can and must configure if you want to, for instance, insert a password to open the pdf file, insert a password to edit the file, and a lot more.The free tool you mentioned seems good enough but i still prefer the free pdfcreator for a couple of reasons, actually, for many reasons.

Nice tutorial, really useful for those who don't have access to photoshop or simliar software which automatically save files to .pdf.Great use of screenshots to, a great read.

And the equivalent tutorial for Linux:

Click Export Directly as PDF on the toolbar in the Word Processor

It astounds me how much more difficult everything is on Windows :lol:

And the equivalent tutorial for Linux:

Click Export Directly as PDF on the toolbar in the Word Processor

It astounds me how much more difficult everything is on Windows :lol:

I can't understand why Microsoft hasn't enabled PDF support on their Office 2007 suite, instead we have to install that crappy adobe reader, man this program pisses me off so much, it nags about updates and so on. I will be using foxit reader from now on. When I need to convert soething to pdf, i go to this website http://www.pdfonline.com/ upload my text and have it e-mail the converted pdf to me.

PS: Microsoft blows. it's got mountains of money and claims to invest on research, but can't deliver this one simple functionality grrrrrrrr im so angry at my computer, poor thing.

I commend your tutorial and what not but there are quicker ways to create a PDF file; one from an firefox extension and one from a website, which there are several to choose from. The firefox extension is called PDF Download and is current to Firefox 3 and the website that I somewhat used before finding this extension freepdfconvert.com, So downloading software, in this case if your following the tutorial, isn't necessary.

Several ways for creating PDF documents,

* If you have Office 2007, you can easily save your document as a PDF by installing the "2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download [Requires Validation]. After installing this plugin you'll find the option to save as PDF in the Save Menu.

* You can download the free version of pdfRedirect from http://www.exp-systems.com/ and create PDF documents by printing as PDF. After installing pdfRedirect, open the document and click on Print. In the Print dialog box select pdfRedirect and configure the PDF options in the pdfRedirect dialog. Save and you are done .

* The best free way to create PDF documents is to head over to https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat.html, Adobe's free online service where you upload any document and create PDF documents for absolutely free and good quality. No Compromise.