xisto Community
Ivan2000bd

Magic ! Is There Any Existance?

Last night i was watching magic show in television . the magishian was doing so much stuffs that looked nice but arises questions that is there any real existance of them? the megichian was venishing the whole train, a jumbo jet, even vanishes a human. he cuts a person with a big sword in front of people and they scared of watching it. that was scary but the matter is that, is it hypnotism ? or some thing like that or is there any power exists ?

Last night i was watching magic show in television .

I think the operative word in your entire post is television. It is fairly easy to cut between scenes to make something appear to be happening when in fact it is not. That's the beauty of editing( digital or otherwise). Personally I confine all notions of magic strictly to the realm of fiction and whimsical fantasy. What passes for what we think of magic in the real world is no more than slight of hand, parlor tricks meant to amuse and entertain. Some so-called magicians stage elaborate affairs that make for great spectacle, which I for one heartily enjoy. But I try not to get too caught up in it to the point where I confuse illusion with reality.

For the magicians that show their talent in theaters, I think most of them are tricks and none of them are real. I have seen documentries where they have shown the tricks that the magicians use...the tricks used in cutting a person or vanishing a person or coming out of locked box etc ....these all are tricks..I m most amazed by the street magicians ...the kind of magic they show right in front of you without any "lights off" or curtains..is phenomenon....the street magicians that often come to my village show their show for free ...u can reward them if u like ....what they do is very real..u just can't deny that I have tried many a times to find a hint , but never got one ....I have been even involved in the items they perform like they called me ,,and then they ..I don't know what they did to ...I was doing things that I was ordered by him as if I m his slave ....and then after a while he asked me whether did I remember the things I did ...I wasn't able to recollect anything...but all the people around me told me what I did when I was in his control....So finally I think there is something supernatural...or like they say it may be illusion..which they create after hypnotising us....I m not sure..but I can't deny the existence of magic because i have experianced it.

I believe the more accurate is illusion, rather than magic. Many professional magicians also explain that they perform their tricks by using illusion to deceive the audience's sight in order to perform acts like vanishing, flying etc. Sometimes, when we experience 'magic', it may even be a result of psychological effects.

"One century Magic is another century's Science."I think that says it all.Giving a thought about the "magic" on television isn't the brightest of ideas. Movies are much a better option if special effects, editing, CGI and such things interest you.Illusion as people have said is more likely it. The tricks. The tricks, the processes which make the reality unavailable for your neocortex to sense. Your own perception of things and as someone said, psychological effects could play a major role in what you define as "magic" for yourself.Simple verdict: Magic doesn't exist.

Yes. Most of them are illusions. but some of them are well trained tricks like cutting a human etc.
Well its like hypnotism, but not completely.

Here is something i found in some website

"The great disappearing of an Airplane, an Elephant, a Car, a Building or even the Statue of Liberty has been achieved in front of the eyes of a bewildered audience. The massive scale illusion has given the impression that magicians can make anything vanish. Disappearing feats of this nature have been televised in front of an audience. It's easy to wonder how did they do that? Well here's how.
Televised magician shows will suggest that there are no camera tricks involved in the illusion. Some magicians will do a continuous camera shot to expel any doubt and cast more mystery over the whole of the performance. The basis of the act is for the audience members at home to assume by suggestion or word that there are no camera tricks used.

If a magician is going to make a building disappear it won't vanish in front of watching eyes, but behind a curtain, a box or anything that can cover the building from view so it won't be seen when it goes poof into thin air. For the basic of the trick lets assume the audience is sitting in some bleachers outside in front of the building.

The magician talks up what they are about to do. A curtain is raised up and when its is lowered the building has vanished. The curtain is raised up once more and when it is lowered the building has returned. The audience is in on the performance.

The audience will be facing the building from the bleachers. If a curtain is raised when they are in this position and lowered the building will still be there. To make the building appear to have vanished, the audience will have to move to another position. The bleachers will be moved to another spot usually just out of camera range of the building. The background will have similar characteristics as the audience's prior position so that the move won't be noticed. The curtain will also be moved to face the audience so that when it is lowered the building will be gone. When the building reappears it is because the audience and the bleachers have moved back to the original starting position. The camera will film the illusion from both positions of the audience involved in the performance to deceive the audience at home."

Edited by jlhaslip
added bbcode tags per Report (see edit history)

How about Criss Angel flying? I believe all that is nothing but illusions. If it is true, the second level of magic is inteferance of other religious practises, be it blackmagic or whatever. Highly debateable, but no one knows for sure.

I dont think there can be any debate about the "realness" of stage magic. it isnt real. No matter what they tell you, or show you it is not real magic as we all imagine it. It is, as others have said, all trickery, card tricks rely on a slip of your concentration, or using the other hand to cover the cards for just a split second so they can move your card to the top or something. There is no magic here.

I was doing things that I was ordered by him as if I m his slave

Thats hypnotism, which isnt magic. Its a technique not fully understood by science but well used in the scientific world, particularly in psychotherapy and memory regression. It has also been once used in a court trial in the US of the infamous Ted Bundy, the witness has reported seeing a van drive off but couldnt recall the number plate, however, under hypnosis he remembered every last digit and it is the only time evidence found under hypnosis has ever been used in court, as it is treated like evidence found under torture, as unreliable and false, but due to the desperation to convict Bundy they used it and it was all correct and they sent him down.

As for real magic, or as its known in some pagan "circles" Magick (the K is there to differentiate between stage magic, and "real" magick, involving circles of people, spirits, energies, etc....) there is a debate. I did follow a pagan religion, and it was great, i also believed in Magick, though i didnt partake in any rituals or real spells. Those that believe will tell you that there is an energy all around us in the universe, inside us too and on different planes of existence where spirits, or ghosts, reside. This energy can be manipulated by the use of our own spiritual energy. It takes practice but eventually you can feel your own energy when you need it, rising up inside you and laving your body, and you can actually feel fairly tired, though many will say if you feel tired you did it wrong as you should take energy from outside, into your body and use that instead of your own reserves, but alas i diverge...

those that do not believe will put these sensations down to the human mind, which is no doubt powerful enough to make one feel tired, energetic, feel an energy rising within and create all the other feelings that one might experience.

So the debate is open. I do believe, i think that there are two energies in the universe, male and female, my basis on this is no matter where you look in life, no life form is able to create offspring without having a partner of the opposite sex. A sexual reproduction just makes clones. So if there was one male God or female Goddess then how did they make something so different to themselves? Perhaps they are all powerful and so dont need to have a partner, but if that is true why is it that almost all other life forms DO need a partner? Makes you wonder...

there is no such thing like real magic and i don't believe in magic..........All these things are fack and nothing is true...In Hindi language it is known as "HAATH KI SAFAI" meaning cleanly doing a job without........any1 knowing what you did

How is Hypnosis explained? I think that to an extent magic is real, but you need to remember that it is impossible to cut someone in half. I know someone who was bullied when he was younger and he used to jump into a bush full of prickles and come out completely unscathed, and the people who would bully him would get thorns intheir hands... So who knows.

I believe that there are things like supernatural hold on stuff and other things like that but using the word magic really is not the right word to use. There are things that people can do that have supernatural effects in them. Mostly are illusions that decieve the people watching and putting it together with television really give out outstanding effect but what I am trying to say here is that apart from the world of magic and magicians there are certain things like controlling supernatural existences. S?ance can also be an example where people contributing can communicate with different spirits, then there are those who control such beings. There is no denying that there are superior existance of beings other than humans so inadvertly this can relate to things like that too.

There is no magic. Everything that is done that is considered as "magic" is done via optical illusions. Some are based on "mirroring" things, others are just based on tricking the mind into thinking things are there when they aren't, or vice versa.The mind sees what it wants to see. You can trick yourself into seeing things that do not exist(either by drugs or of course mental disorders).So in terms of *real* magic, no. But in terms of *perceived* magic, I guess you could say yes.