xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amrit

Kgb Archiver Anyone?

hey any one tried kgb archiver yet??

some people out there say they have used it to compress entire windows vista into jus 4 mb!!! and other softwares to less than 1 mb

:)

KGB Archiver is a free, open source and cross-platform file archiver and data compression utility developed by Tomasz Pawlak based on the PAQ6 compression Algorithm.[1] It achieves a very high compression ratio at the cost of time and memory consumption.

i downloaded it and tried but i hav just 192mb ram and i coulnt use it.

lemme see what you guys have 2 say about this one.

http://www3.kgbarchiver.net/

It is working properly. I tried it a few weeks ago. It can compress with very high ratio, yes, but the highest compression option needs lots of ram and needs very much time to complete. I think time is more valuable than compression ratio.

Yes. I also tried KGB archiver. Actually i downloaded a file of 2mb kgb archived size,and the source claimed its decompressed size is above 500MB. I tried to decompressit but it took ages and almost all my computer resources. After waiting for some hoursI left it. I tried to compress some small files to test, in normal mode file size is almostsame as that of other compression softwares. But to compress in high ratioit is taking very large amount of time(not just large, but extreemly large).

KGB Archiver is a free, open source and file platform archiver also it consum a lot of ram memory.KGB Archiver is working perfectly if you have a good a lot of RAM and other components, also need big time to complete to comprese a some files.

I have used KGB several times and it can compress very well. The problem is that it takes time and resources, maybe they could develop something that compresses a little less but does not take up as much RAM, it took me three hours to decompress a 500 mb file, I think that is ridiculous.

kgb decreases some enjoyment time of ur lifeKgb Archiver Anyone?I have tried kgb but I suggest everyone to use winrar instead. Kgb is more memory as well as time consuming software.Don't run for kgb simply use winrar.-reply by amit maurya