xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jopak134

Do You Have Mail? not talking about email, bills, announcements, invitations.

this part of writing is obvioulsy fading away. haven't recieved anything by mail from anybody. guess in another few years this way of communicating will be gone forever.the tradegies of technology :)

Rarely ever, maybe every now and again after seeing a long distance relative overseas just recently. But most days, usually keep in touch via e-mail those days. The wonders of technology and how things change real fast.

Yes, I have recevied mail often (2-3 in a month) from my good pen-friend from Austraila, 3-4 years ago and it was really fun, not just because of that I had a friend with which I sahred my secrets, but also because my english got very good (as you can see from my posts :) ) and my love towards learning languages has risen because of him (more languages - means more people understand you - means you can have more loyal and good friends). Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to him, as he sent me a mail and after I responded (but too late - as I was busy, I responded to the letter 3 months after I received it), I guess she thought that it was over because of my late response and she didn't respond to it and it was over :PWell, I haven't had a mail friend these last years, but I have lots of IM and e-mail friends, so it doesn't matter to me that much anymore...

Same here, I only receive an occasional personal mail during holiday and festivals like Christmas and Chinese New Year. Even then, most people prefer to use ecards. :) It's really sad. I think mail allows people to get more creative, such as personally making their own cards out of fancy bits of paper. I used to make all my cards too and I had a large store of color paper, pretty notepaper, stickers and color ink pens. Now I just stash them away at the bottom of my cupboard.

No, never. The last time I sent mail was, let me think... 2004, I presume. After we got our internet I stopped sending mail and letters in general because of E-Mail's ease. Of course, I could send mail to people I knew without the internet, but that's where mobile phones and SMS text messages come in. Especially when MMS (multimedia) messages were first released in Greece, everyone went crazy to buy phones that supported them just to send images, sounds, videos, rich text etc. to their friends and family. Times have changed, as technology progresses we forget our old habits and replace them with newer ones, that are easier to use.Many people still write mail, but computers still make the difference, since almost no one hand writes mail anymore, everyone uses to write the mail computer because it's the simpler solution. Sure, you can write more, but it's still no fun writing a mail on your computer, you would rather write an e-mail in that case, right? Damn, that was a load. I didn't know I could write so much on such a subject!

Mail? Do all my online shopping count? :) I receive everything from 1-4 packages a month, it really depends if I went crazy or what. Besides from that I get my credit card printout (not a bill) and also some letters from friends that moved far far away. I mostly talk to my friends on MSN, but from time to time it is fun to send a letter or two. I never get any bills. (Mhm, wonder why. :P)So yes I definitely receive and send mail.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Send mail?!?!?

Man, that's a good joke. I haven't sent or recieved actual mail for a while now. ( From family/friend ).

I also don't send it. I find it slow, wasteful ( paper ), and tiresome.

I guess if you give it some more time, it will become a thing of the past, like Windows 95... :)

Then again, mail may come back if people feel email is too insecure, but I highly doubt that. ( It's possible.......maybe... )