xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gisellebebegirl

Mcdonalds Fruit & Yogurt

(: lalala, so my mom brought mcdonalds right.. and bought me a fruit & yougurt thing, at first i kinda gaver her evil looks.. i mean who buys yogurt at mcdonalds, when they have sundays etc.. but when i opened it o try it omggggggg, the white yogurt looking thing, tastes like cheesecake!!! it is soooo good, and low fat, you guys should go buy one, they are like what.. 2 dollards? or less? its defentely worth a try!im in love

By the way yogurt or yoghurt is from Turkish language. Just information. :) Just yogurt (yoğurt)? No, and also tomato (domates) and potato (patates). :D

Those things are really, really high in sugar though.

There may be more to worry about than that. One shouldn't give or trust their health to a fast food restaurant.
It's best to do research on what you eat at places like these before continuing. See Mcdonalds Nutrition Facts for Desserts and Shakes.

It appears to have a little less sugar than 8oz of soda (i usually compare sugar amounts to that of what soda has). As for the nutrition the fruit provides, either it doesn't have much fruit in it or the fruit lost a lot of the nutrition during the process (this is usually the case), 'cause 15% daily value for Vitamin C isn't something i'd expect from something that has fruit in it. I've never eaten any dessert from a fast food restaurant—i try to keep away from fast food restaurants—so i'm not sure how much fruit it has. But you (i.e. giselle) may be better off making your own yogurt.

Most fast food restaurants are trying to pick up something healthy now just to say that they are doing something against the gain of weight. This also is to help be a saving grace by keeping customers that might otherwise just go somewhere else. Mc Donalds has been constantly attacked about stuff like that so they started with the fruit cup and more salads and stuff.

I have to say even though some fast food joints advertise their "healthy products" as healthy, I do have doubts over what is listed on the packaging, especially with the content of extras, fat, etc. Whether its the truth or not is another question. But like another poster said, its better to do the research on the food being offered by the fast food 'provider'.

Well not only do I think it is becoming a nice variety, but as a parent, it is great substitution. We do so much on the road travel, that it is nice to have some better choices for my kids. My wife is all about the yogurts and the fruit cups. I will have one here and there, or to add to my combo, but I still do the burger and fries. So I usually will top off my meal with at least a better dessert!That would have been nice to have when I was a kid. I could see my mom wanting to get us better choices. But I am just glad to know that I can do that for my kids.I still see that there is a lot of sugar in them, but as compared to maybe a grease burger, added grease to the fries are just bogging down the combos. Chicken nuggets dipped as the same as burgers.... They are easy for our kids to eat, so it is nice to have apple pieces and or even yogurts. I think it is becoming a step in the right direction. It's not like they are going to take away the normal combo, but make things easier for those who are trying to go the healthier way.

I agree that it's good that fast food places are offering alternative choices, but at the same time, I hate to see borderline junk food disguised as healthy. It's like when the low-fat diet craze started; people thought that just because a food had no fat, it was good for you. Soda fits this, but would anyone consider it good for you?Of course fast food places aren't going to completely revamp their menus, but I feel like their "healthy" options are just for show rather than real health. And these few things could be changed so easily. Something like a fruit and yogurt cup could be made healthful just as easily as it could be made junky. By using low-sugar/low-fat yogurt and including plenty of fruit, the item would be a reasonable indulgence and still taste delicious. This way, these restaurants would have actual decent options instead of items that make you feel like you're being healthy when really you're just eating glorified ice cream or whatever.By making people think that junk food is good for you, I think it's doing more harm than good. People don't learn how to actually eat healthy, and they won't change their eating because they think it is healthy and there's nothing wrong with it. But I suppose advertising junky "health" food could be a step in the right direction if it eventually paves the way for real health food, but there's still a long way to go.

Some things are too good to be true. Yoghurt is not supposed to taste like cheesecake, so there is probably some really bad stuff in it. I hate junk food, and I "never" go to McDonalds. I would much rather eat an apple, pear or a banana than something like that. Yoghurt should taste like yoghurt, not like something else. This company here tried to make kids eat more fish, so they made sausages made of fish - but they taste like normal sausages. (People say they taste awful.) I just do not believe those things. I will rather go with normal yoghurt.

it might be low in fat, but high in sugar or carbohydrates, or joules/kilojoules which turn into energy if used. And if we don't use that energy do you know what it turns into?

Thats right, Fat. Its just like most softdrinks, they have no fat per se but they have heaps and heaps of sugar.

it might be low in fat, but high in sugar or carbohydrates, or joules/kilojoules which turn into energy if used. And if we don't use that energy do you know what it turns into?

Thats right, Fat. Its just like most softdrinks, they have no fat per se but they have heaps and heaps of sugar.

Good point, thats why certain foods, especially microwave like lunches seem to suit those that are always on the go and/or outdoor type workers (eg gardners,construction workers, high rise building cleaners, and the like)

haha shut up dont be negative about my new favorite food lol, i like to think the excess of calories come from good calories. that will actualy give me energy and keep me on a happy mood haha. i dont know they are delicious though..

A lot of calories seem good, but its better to use em if you're gonna eat it. Hence, its better to pack calorie filled stuff for lunch for outdoor and/or active workers. Unused portions will definitely turn into fat just like the junk foods, fast foods or unhealthy food in general.