xisto Community
KNOWLEDGEforKNOWLEDGE

Best Way To Make Money From Your Website?

with no visitors and i got approved. its no harm for them approving you but your probably not going to make much money.

Thats true,

For beginners one advice : If anyone told you in their get rich quick books, to put content from wikipedia or other site or if you attempt to use other peoples content then they'll find you and will put public service ads and even deduct your earned money. Why i'm telling you this, is i've seen so many people getting banned for that and they're simply scraping internet and search engines with reblogging and information overload which in turn affects all of us.

One more thing:Over monetizing can hurt as well.

So one thing to keep in mind is never ever copy content from other sites and post it as whole by giving credit at bottom, it will degrade your page-rank and adsense earnings as well.

You can start meme/discussions or your personal opinion on blog that can generate lot of trafic and good for adsense niche sites.

I think chitika/buzzlogic can be helpful if you've lot of traffic on your site. :)

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

The main thing to anything about being successful on the web is traffic, well two things really, traffic and unique product or service. Its very hard to be unique though these days, try selling anything and you can bet your bottom dollar somebody is doing it already and cheaper than you. There really is no quick way to make money off any website, it takes a while to build up your traffic, then you need to build up a loyalty base, which can take anything up to two years. as far as traffic is concerned, your main friend is the search engines, but you have to be aware that even if you are SEO up to the hilt you will still get penalized if you are a young website, the older you are the better google wants to make friends with you. in this country too (uk) we are in the middle of a credit crunch, which means people dont want to spend, its been reported too that internet spending on the whole is being reduced world wide, so its getting harder all the time.The best way to go is to love what your doing and if you make a few quid, then good, but if you set out to make quick cash then you will be in for dissapointment at the moment.The internet is really no different from real world business, and all small buisnesses tend to make a loss in the first few years of trading until they build a loyalty base, and the only way to do that is to offer a good service that people want, and give it time.

Edited by wingman23 (see edit history)

The main thing to anything about being successful on the web is traffic

Absolutely right. Once you've have traffic of lets say: 5k+ you'll get easily approved from any advertising network. the fact that you're getting approved is because you've good content on your site that is driving you 5k visitors. With 5k advertisers CPM advertisers can get you steady monthly income as well. so you've concentrate on traffic and good content.

The moment you start plagerising/reblogging and scrap content to get more visitors. you'll start to loose traffic then advertising network will keep you in less priority publisher zone. so this way site starts degrading. So keep writing good and original content and start generating traffic using white hat methods. :)
Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

There's lost of ways to earn money. It really depends on how much traffic you're going to get into your site, if you're willing to put ads up, what your site will be about etc.

I just noticed Kontera through something new Xisto has started with - anyone that think it would work? I am not quite sure of how it works actually, but maybe someone here knows. If so it would be another option.

^ Donating is actually already mentioned.

As said there are a million ways you can earn money. It is not just one answer to this, because you have a lot of options. It depends on what kind of site you have, who reads it and so on. Different advertising for different users. For example fashion-related ads on a fashion forum would work good, but ads regarding some new book or world problems would not get as many clicks.

And again; there are other solutions than ads.

One great idea that could really be useful is to start a squidoo lens ( a free web page). It is absolutely free to build and host. Moreover there are applications to add in Amazon & Ebay products to the lens. So you would be making an income too, with just writing what you know and share it with like minded audiences.

Next you dont need to be a programmer to be able to build that squidoo page. Best of all, you can add videos, text, banners, links to the websites whom you are affiliate for and make some decent sales.

Even better is the fact that search engines love it and hence if your tags are right you can start attracting free traffic from the search engines within a matter of few hours. You would be attracting a lot of traffic from the squidoo community too, if your content is good.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Removed referral link and sign-off per terms of service

If you want to start a site just to make money from it start at the end. What i mean is find a great offer of product to sell and then build a website around that , cause you get the best result if the ads are contextual. Also if you don't know much about web design, php, html just make an bloger or wordpress blog. The advantage is that is ease to get one and you get some traffic from google because bloger is run by google and you have an advantage i think. Also besides google traffic on wordpress, you get trafic from wordpress because it has a service, i don't know how it really works, but your site could get categorized by wordpress tags, and people searching on wordpress will get a top of blogs that have that tag or an article about that. Also using wordpress or bloger your blog will get indexed really fast in search engines.

Guy hold on,apart from google adsense how can you make money from other sites and please kidnly post the site where you can use your website to gain money and please make sure nigeria is there ok thanks

Hi,Thanks for sharing the useful information.The trick of getting the most money from your ads, is by having good traffic and loyalty from your readers. If you have never considered blogging before, you may feel like this is not for you, you may be feeling a bit hesitant, thinking this is a bit too much for you to chew on.

Well for me, Kontera does not even work. It's rubbish. The amount of posts I've made on this forum, plus had their ads/clickable keyword ads on my site, I've had no credit from it. It's beginning to be LAME to me. Sorry.

I'd like to start a website that offers a free service, yet in order to keep this service going I will need a small income...any ideas? I know about adsense and whatnot but I would like something more.

First off you need to know what your site is going to be about there is no point of having a computer add on your site if your site is going to be about plants... Many members have suggested the Xisto partner "Kontera" Me my self and other members lets take sky for example find Kontera a waste of time, Not only don't you get any money or a little maybe but it ruins your forums / website with all there silly little Blue links. I would suggest going with Google Adscense not only do they pay out more than most add company's they put the the correct type of add on the categorized site. For example lets say my site is about Computers they wont put any old random add on they will put a computer add on there whether it is fixing printers to buying a computer.

Well for me, Kontera does not even work. It's rubbish. The amount of posts I've made on this forum, plus had their ads/clickable keyword ads on my site, I've had no credit from it. It's beginning to be LAME to me. Sorry.

I have also tried Kontera like Sky and I must say it makes your website / forum look horrible it also does not pay much or nothing and I have found the service a waste of time and would never use again unless their service is improved!

Thank you everyone.I am starting an on-line business and its great reading about different ways to get it going and learn different ways to earn an income.I have to say when its new to you - its not so easy :)

If you have a lot of traffiac and a cute site and you wanna maintain the Design and clenliness of your site you can opt for BuySellAds-they look so clean http://www.tutorial9.net/ have a look here they use buy sell ads rectangle banners in there sidebars inagine what google adsence would've done to this spaceGooge adsence is also very good if u your site do not have much emphasis on design.