xisto Community
KNOWLEDGEforKNOWLEDGE

Best Way To Make Money From Your Website?

I'd like to start a website that offers a free service, yet in order to keep this service going I will need a small income...any ideas? I know about adsense and whatnot but I would like something more.

Here's one idea - have a lead capture page that collects names and email addresses. Then market to those leads for a couple of weeks after which you can sell the names on.

Although it is getting harder to do with all the scams and such, I was able to make a few bucks using ebay a few years ago. I had trouble with them recently when trying to buy a computer though. Over half of the auctions I bid on were scams and when I tried to sell my old computer, no one but scammers bid on it, wasting my time and money...

Ok lets take my own example..I started blogging in my niche of test prep and later also started with a blog on earning onlineThe basic thing which i did was tried to make contact with as many ppl as possible.Today i regularly get uniques of atleast 20-30, which is pretty good for a beginner(less than a month)I applied for an adsense account but my application was rejected for god knows what reasons so i gave it up.Subsequently i found this site adbrite .com where the measures adopted are not as stringent as adsense and pay out is also not very bad. In just 12 days without much difficulty i have made a good money of $4.55.Further it is better to actually start active blogging and post quality stuff and be part of communities and one such big network is technoratiOnce traffic starts coming in then just put up ads on cpm basis and u are good to go..I'm aiming for this now...Hahaha

Edited by shddgfgc (see edit history)

Ok lets take my own example..

I started blogging in my niche of test prep and later also started with a blog on earning online

The basic thing which i did was tried to make contact with as many ppl as possible.

Today i regularly get uniques of atleast 20-30, which is pretty good for a beginner(less than a month)

I applied for an adsense account but my application was rejected for god knows what reasons so i gave it up.

Subsequently i found this site adbrite .com where the measures adopted are not as stringent as adsense and pay out is also not very bad. In just 12 days without much difficulty i have made a good money of $4.55.

Further it is better to actually start active blogging and post quality stuff and be part of communities and one such big network is technorati

Once traffic starts coming in then just put up ads on cpm basis and u are good to go..

I'm aiming for this now...Hahaha

have a look at this earning stats

Posted Image

Hie,You should first tell what is your website going to be about. Then you should know roughly how many people are going to come. If there are too little people it is not a good idea but not too many either. You also need to know what free service are you going to give. You should also personally ask websites to advertise on your website too.Bye

If you have anybody with experience in graphics or web , ask them if they could rustle up a few items for premium purchase. I've seen this put to very good effect :)

trust me man if your just starting off and you are happy with small money to start of with then use adsense. once your site becomes more prominent with more visitors then you can start approaching other advertising companies willing to pay larger amount. the only way to get more money from a site is to get more visitors basically. it means your ads will pay more and you will get more donations and stuff like that.

Hi,I feel It's a challenge to find a genuine make money fast opportunity online. If you know all the right places to look at, it is in fact reasonably easy to identify the obstacle.You can also make money from your website using different programs such as making money on your site with google, Amazon.com, cash surfers.com. Club, Depot, ezpages.com etc. Thanks for sharing your posts guys.

Well I don't know about the whole process of making money part but I sure do know that looks are a part of it!!If you wanna advertise, get people to advertise on your site for money put it in a neat spot if you can, I know that on my site i have this option. Now make sure the site is really easy to navigate and has a neat, clean, simple yet attracting design to it. Nothing worse then a cluttered site with nothing organized and everything everywhere. It has been proven that simpler sites are far more effective then complex ones. The HOLDEN site, car brand in Australia won best site of the year in Australia I heard. Guess what it was simple and clean. I myself prefer that style to. Once you build on that build onto more. But yet again I don't know much about earning money.

If you can't get approved with Adsense then you can try these websites :- Adbrite- Chitika- Buzzlogic- Yahoo Publisher NetworkThese networks usualy accepts new blogs immediately. So you can keep writing content and monetize at the same time. But i suggest blog consistently for 1 month then start adding ads to your page.

I'd like to start a website that offers a free service, yet in order to keep this service going I will need a small income...any ideas? I know about adsense and whatnot but I would like something more.

Well there are a lot of alternatives to adsense. I mean there's adtoll, kontera, chitika, and many other ad services that you could use to get some revenue back from your site. Another thing you could do is sell links on your site, on forums like Digitalpoint, and Namepros if your site has some alexa rating, some backlinks, and some traffic.

Also, if your site is going to offer a free service, why not offer a paid service alongside it so that you are able to cover the costs by a couple of paid clients.

If you can't get approved with Adsense then you can try these websites :
- Adbrite
- Chitika
- Buzzlogic
- Yahoo Publisher Network

These networks usualy accepts new blogs immediately. So you can keep writing content and monetize at the same time. But i suggest blog consistently for 1 month then start adding ads to your page.

thanks for that but adsense basically approves everything. i once had a site without a domain name even (i used freewebs - so http://www.webs.com/...) with no visitors and i got approved. its no harm for them approving you but your probably not going to make much money.