xisto Community
Mermaid711

Why I Do Believe In God.

Okay here is my theological reasons for being a Christian. Well as theological as I, an almost 14 year old can get lol.Okay. First of all the creation. Both science and the Bible say that the world will begin and will end. You must seperate these out. I believe there was Adam and Eve, but I'm not sure that the world was created in seven days. Althogh I do believe that the seven days thing is symbollic for something.Anyway, for all of you big banggers out there, I can see and fully understand why you think the world started that way. However you can not create something out of nothing, at least not in this universe. So something, by physics, must have sparked that bang. I think the world began in a bang, but God sparked it. In science it states that energy can not be created or destroyed. But yet it exists. So how did it come to be? And what about matter? I want you to go and try to create new matter. NOT A NEW SUBSTANCE but a new matter. A set of molecules that weren't there before. You're not having much luck are you? Didn't think so. So therefore it can not be done by us. Okay now I want you to go set off an explosive of some type. You might uproot some dirt and rocks, but are you getting new matter? No. So therefore if it is impossible to create matter in our univers out of something, than we don't really exist, because if you can't create something new out of something that wasn't there before, you definetaly can't create it out of something that's not there. So if it is impossible, like I stated before, we do not exist if that is the case.However last time I checked we do exist. So there must be some other form of creation or creator. I'm not going to get into the whole where did the world come from, how did God get there topic.Now for our purpose. If there is no God to live for to please, then our only purpose is to reproduce and take up space, which really is no purpose at all. If there is no God, why do I exist? Most people I know believe in the "everyone was born for a reason" thing. But none of us really has a reason for being here now do we? No. Except to further the nation of God. And have you notice how since the uprise of other religions AND atheism in the world, crime has gone up? You can't deny the stats. Everything points in one dirrection. So long story short- if there is no God, we have no purpose. If we have no purpose, we have no reason for existing.And you also may ask, "If God loved me, why is this happening to me?" God gives you experiences so you can do something amazing with your life. People from dysfunctional families probably have the most potential to live normall, healthy lives when they leave home and start families on their own. God gives you your talents and passions for the very same reason.The end of the world- In the chapter of Revelations, this is where they discuss where Jesus will come back again. I've noticed that a few of those prophicies could EASILY be fufilled in todays time, as where when paul, john, noah and all those people live it couldn't have come to pass as easily. I can see the end of this world happening in our life time. Heck, for all we know, the magnetic field on the earth is supposed to flip and cause mass extinction anyway. Anyway, in Revelations there is mention of two Christians who go over to convert non-Christians and get shot where the entire world sees. You think this is not possible? Just wait untill Billy Ghram and one of his buddies goes over to Iraq. Cameras will be everywhere. The broadcasts would be streaming. And then BANG! Osama's henchman shoots Billy and his friend. It's really as easy as that. That I fear, might be our first sign the end is approaching. Then we have the trials and tribulation. All that stuff. It's slowly falling into place.Maybe I'm just dumb and need to go sit under a rock. But that's why I believe in God.

Okay. First of all the creation. Both science and the Bible say that the world will begin and will end.

However, they certainly don't say it will end in the same way, with the same consequences.

Anyway, for all of you big banggers out there, I can see and fully understand why you think the world started that way. However you can not create something out of nothing, at least not in this universe. So something, by physics, must have sparked that bang. I think the world began in a bang, but God sparked it. In science it states that energy can not be created or destroyed. But yet it exists. So how did it come to be?

The First Law of Thermodynamics actually states:

The increase in the internal energy of a system is equal to the amount of energy added by heating the system, minus the amount lost as a result of the work done by the system on its surroundings.

So, the Big Bang is entirely possible if energy was supplied to it. This energy may have come from a Big Crunch ("bouncing Universe" theory) or from an as-yet unknown source. I agree, there is no concrete answer as to how the energy got there. However, I can pose a similar question to yourself: What created God? He can't always have existed, otherwise that same argument could be applied to energy, and He can't have just suddenly appeared.

And what about matter? I want you to go and try to create new matter. NOT A NEW SUBSTANCE but a new matter. A set of molecules that weren't there before. You're not having much luck are you? Didn't think so.

The equation dE = c2dm (more often quoted as E=mc2) is often misunderstood, but proves energy and mass are one and the same. Nuclear reactions, on a regular basis, convert energy into mass and vice versa. So we are not exactly having luck as the process occurs millions of times every second...

Okay now I want you to go set off an explosive of some type. You might uproot some dirt and rocks, but are you getting new matter? No.

The explosion which was the Big Bang, and the explosions caused by explosives are very different. The Big Bang can be thought of as pressure - there was no 'explosion' as such, but lots of energy and matter flying outwards after being incredibly densely compacted into an infinitessimally small dot. Explosives usually work by releasing large quantities of combustible gas through a chemical reaction, resulting in lots of fire and loud noise.

So therefore if it is impossible to create matter in our univers out of something, than we don't really exist, because if you can't create something new out of something that wasn't there before, you definetaly can't create it out of something that's not there. So if it is impossible, like I stated before, we do not exist if that is the case.

I think I've shown it is possible to create matter out of energy, so we do exist.

Now for our purpose. If there is no God to live for to please, then our only purpose is to reproduce and take up space, which really is no purpose at all. If there is no God, why do I exist? Most people I know believe in the "everyone was born for a reason" thing. But none of us really has a reason for being here now do we? No. Except to further the nation of God. And have you notice how since the uprise of other religions AND atheism in the world, crime has gone up? You can't deny the stats. Everything points in one dirrection. So long story short- if there is no God, we have no purpose. If we have no purpose, we have no reason for existing.

I've discussed this here (shameless plug for my forum ;) ) and we would welcome your input to the discussion.

The end of the world- In the chapter of Revelations, this is where they discuss where Jesus will come back again. I've noticed that a few of those prophicies could EASILY be fufilled in todays time, as where when paul, john, noah and all those people live it couldn't have come to pass as easily. I can see the end of this world happening in our life time. Heck, for all we know, the magnetic field on the earth is supposed to flip and cause mass extinction anyway.

The magnetic poles will flip, yes, but who said anything about a mass extinction?!? The poles flip every few thousand years, and there is still plenty of life around to tell the tale.

Just to clarify: I don't mean to cause any offence, I am genuinely interested in why people believe what they do, and what opinions/arguments they have against what I believe.

However, they certainly don't say it will end in the same way, with the same consequences.

Anything concerning the last day is all faith, regardless of what people say. Therefore, let whoever is right about the end be right about the end. But it is always interesting to point out how old times can actually be ahead of the newer times—and by a few thousand years, too.

The First Law of Thermodynamics actually states:

So, the Big Bang is entirely possible if energy was supplied to it. This energy may have come from a Big Crunch ("bouncing Universe" theory) or from an as-yet unknown source. I agree, there is no concrete answer as to how the energy got there.

If the energy came from something known as the "Big Crunch," wouldn't that cause a paradox? For if matter can only appear through one method, then every other instance will obviously be that method. Therefore, i believe saying that it may have come from a Big Crunch loses credibility. And, correct, there is no concrete answer in science concerning the beginning of the universe.

What created God? He can't always have existed, otherwise that same argument could be applied to energy, and He can't have just suddenly appeared.

Why couldn't He have always existed? And can't it be applied to energy: neither created nor destroyed? Though i am inclined to agree that He couldn't have just suddenly appeared, i am also inclined to ask, what do you mean by "suddenly appeared"? Are we talking from a human's perspective? If so, then He could have indeed "suddenly appeared." Otherwise, we're back to the statement "He has always existed." But to answer your first question: You're placing God with creation. Creation != Creator. Can a puppet say to its master, "Go and do this," and its master will listen? You're assuming God has to be created in order to exist. In the beginning of Genesis it says, "In the beginning..." This implies that God obviously existed before the beginning. The beginning deals with "time," therefore we can say the beginning of "time" occured there, and so God is not bound to "time," for He was before it.

The equation dE = c2dm (more often quoted as E=mc2) is often misunderstood, but proves energy and mass are one and the same. Nuclear reactions, on a regular basis, convert energy into mass and vice versa. So we are not exactly having luck as the process occurs millions of times every second...

I think I've shown it is possible to create matter out of energy ...

Looking back at which part of Mermaid's statements this is towards, that doesn't really refute the section(s) you quoted. She asked to make new matter. The fact that energy can be converted into matter doesn't necessarily mean this matter is new. If anyting, it may be "new" to us, but that doesn't make it new. But the fact that it is impossible to prove that something is new should close the arguments altogether. So let's forget about this "new matter" discussion. :)

I've discussed this here (shameless plug for my forum ;) ) and we would welcome your input to the discussion.

Subjective meaning is an attempt to replace that which is lacking: objective meaning. A person giving meaning to their lives does not mean that the meaning of life itself therefore means what they want it to. When we talk about God and the meaning of life, we imply or mean objective meaning—a meaning that we didn't make but that was already there and set forth.

I am genuinely interested in why people believe what they do, and what opinions/arguments they have against what I believe.

Which in turn lead to better arguments. ;)

Why couldn't He have always existed? And can't it be applied to energy: neither created nor destroyed? Though i am inclined to agree that He couldn't have just suddenly appeared, i am also inclined to ask, what do you mean by "suddenly appeared"? Are we talking from a human's perspective? If so, then He could have indeed "suddenly appeared." Otherwise, we're back to the statement "He has always existed." But to answer your first question: You're placing God with creation. Creation != Creator. Can a puppet say to its master, "Go and do this," and its master will listen? You're assuming God has to be created in order to exist. In the beginning of Genesis it says, "In the beginning..." This implies that God obviously existed before the beginning. The beginning deals with "time," therefore we can say the beginning of "time" occured there, and so God is not bound to "time," for He was before it.

Yes, you are right. People always tend to limit God with human powers. Remember religious people believes God created the physic, time etc. It can easly above them. We, humans, right now in a closed little box. Our perspective is very limited. I believe when we die, God will let us out of that box and we could see the universe as it and say "so that's what really is" Just imagine, before discovering the magnetism and electricity, can anyone guess there could be a world full of trees, people, animals, rivers just on a round flat object. (Im talking about computer games :) We say God is everywhere, maybe the universe is part of the God...

Why couldn't He have always existed? And can't it be applied to energy: neither created nor destroyed?

One of the main flaws with the Big Bang theory is that you start with energy, and that energy must have come from somewhere. From a Christian perspective, God caused it all and created the Universe. However, if we accept that perspective, God must have come from somewhere. The usual answer is that God has always existed, and always will. Well, if the property of permanent existence can be applied to God, why can't it be applied to energy? If God always existed, then why couldn't energy have always existed? If God came into existence, apparently from nothing (i.e. God has no creator) then why does energy (and hence the Universe) need a creator to explain its existence?

Though i am inclined to agree that He couldn't have just suddenly appeared, i am also inclined to ask, what do you mean by "suddenly appeared"? Are we talking from a human's perspective? If so, then He could have indeed "suddenly appeared." Otherwise, we're back to the statement "He has always existed." But to answer your first question: You're placing God with creation. Creation != Creator. Can a puppet say to its master, "Go and do this," and its master will listen? You're assuming God has to be created in order to exist. In the beginning of Genesis it says, "In the beginning..." This implies that God obviously existed before the beginning. The beginning deals with "time," therefore we can say the beginning of "time" occured there, and so God is not bound to "time," for He was before it.

You've explained my point better than I managed to ;) As you rightly say, the Bible implies God is outside of the human perspective of time. But then why can't the same be said of the energy which caused the Big Bang?

Taking the puppet analogy one step further, I agree that the puppet cannot control the puppet master, but the puppet master himself must have been created? I agree that I am assuming God must have been created for Him to exist, but only because the same argument is being used to disprove the Big Bang. You are assuming that energy must have been created in order to exist. If the property of existence without creation can be applied to God, why not to energy?

Subjective meaning is an attempt to replace that which is lacking: objective meaning. A person giving meaning to their lives does not mean that the meaning of life itself therefore means what they want it to. When we talk about God and the meaning of life, we imply or mean objective meaning—a meaning that we didn't make but that was already there and set forth.

Which in turn lead to better arguments. ;)

Does there have to be an objective meaning though, other than to fulfil your own subjective meaning?

One of the main flaws with the Big Bang theory is that you start with energy

Is it a flaw within itself or that people misunderstand it or preach it badly?

and that energy must have come from somewhere. From a Christian perspective, God caused it all and created the Universe. However, if we accept that perspective, God must have come from somewhere. The usual answer is that God has always existed, and always will. Well, if the property of permanent existence can be applied to God, why can't it be applied to energy? If God always existed, then why couldn't energy have always existed? If God came into existence, apparently from nothing (i.e. God has no creator) then why does energy (and hence the Universe) need a creator to explain its existence?

Some might claim that which you label as "energy," God; some claim that energy is a creation of God. By claiming that energy is a creation of God, that He caused it into existence, we in turn end up back to the "creation != Creator" argument. By continuing in the thought that "creation is creator" (however indirect it may be), you'll just keep on asking, "Why can't 'permanent existence' be applied to energy?"
If we look at Mermaid's statement, she asks, "So how did it come to be?" after what is said about energy in science. This question can be seen as implying that God is what you label "energy" or energy as God's creation. The context doesn't really help much in determining what she meant, though...

It is not hard for me to accept that energy always existed (not necessarily saying that i do), but it is hard for me, however, to accept that something was caused without any outside influence.

[1]You've explained my point better than I managed to ;) [...] [2]But then why can't the same be said of the energy which caused the Big Bang?

[1];)[2]For unless that energy has a mind of its own, you would have to prove that something can be caused without outside influence.

You are assuming that energy must have been created in order to exist.

Although i may be assuming that, assuming the opposite is no better.

Does there have to be an objective meaning though, other than to fulfil your own subjective meaning?

It would depend on the last day, on whether or not what is mentioned in the Bible proves itself to be true.

Look we believe in God because he give us everything , he gives, and we Just Serve .Have you ever wondered who cooked your favorite dish, when the waiter brings your order in a restaurant? For sure, it is not the waiter himself. He only brings the dish ?cooked by someone else?. He only brings ?something special? made to order ?to someone special ? you!? The cook, though obscure, is really the man behind the scene, who executes your order to meet your requirement. He is the one responsible for satisfying you with His expertise. So also is our God. He prepares everything for us, though we do not we see Him working before our physical eyes. See what happened in the miracle that happened when Jesus fed the five thousand. They had just five loaves of bread and two fish. The mouths to be fed were a great multitude. By reasoning that was impossible. Yet, when Jesus commanded the disciples to serve the multitude, they immediately obeyed. They did not know what was happening behind the scene. But, they believed and acted on the word of Jesus. And the miracle happened!being doers of the word involves two aspects. One is to ?learn the principles? taught by the Word. Other is to ?carry out? what God wants us to do in all areas of our life. When the disciples heard Jesus telling them to distribute the food, they did what he told them immediately. We can?t say that the disciples did the miracle by themselves. They were only instrumental to God?s purpose. So also when God wants to use us and performs miracles through us we must remember that God alone does the miracle. We are just like that waiter who brings food in a restaurant. Let us submit to Him and do as He says and be a blessing to others. Let us give all glory to God and take nothing to our own self, So Just keep believing in God.

Okay. First of all the creation. Both science and the Bible say that the world will begin and will end. You must seperate these out. I believe there was Adam and Eve, but I'm not sure that the world was created in seven days. Althogh I do believe that the seven days thing is symbollic for something.

Science never had a concrete in-a-nutshell theory about the creation and destruction of our Universe, the Bible has. Beliefs are subjective but genetics isn't. Even the presence of MCRAs Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam didn't help much to postulate that there would've been a "first couple" like for say, Adam and Eve.

Even this "couple" lived around 60,000 years apart and most probably within a community of humans existing in that time.

Anyway, for all of you big banggers out there, I can see and fully understand why you think the world started that way. However you can not create something out of nothing, at least not in this universe. So something, by physics, must have sparked that bang. I think the world began in a bang, but God sparked it. In science it states that energy can not be created or destroyed. But yet it exists. So how did it come to be? And what about matter? I want you to go and try to create new matter. NOT A NEW SUBSTANCE but a new matter. A set of molecules that weren't there before. You're not having much luck are you? Didn't think so. So therefore it can not be done by us. Okay now I want you to go set off an explosive of some type. You might uproot some dirt and rocks, but are you getting new matter? No. So therefore if it is impossible to create matter in our univers out of something, than we don't really exist, because if you can't create something new out of something that wasn't there before, you definetaly can't create it out of something that's not there. So if it is impossible, like I stated before, we do not exist if that is the case.

But God did create this Universe out of nothing, right?

And yes, before further posting, please go get yourself educated on the Big Bang. Do you realize you're making a joke of yourself by comparing it to a firework or lets say ballistic explosion?

Rvalkass did a very fine job in explaining it to you. Or piecing together the dissociated knowledge. Physics is not one Christianity-friendly statement, it's a puzzle.

Btw, 'Big Banger' is a amazingly amusing adjective. XD

However last time I checked we do exist. So there must be some other form of creation or creator. I'm not going to get into the whole where did the world come from, how did God get there topic.

The last time you thought that God exists, he did. So there must me some creator behind him too? And some creator behind that creator? This is a clever way to run, though.

Now for our purpose. If there is no God to live for to please, then our only purpose is to reproduce and take up space, which really is no purpose at all. If there is no God, why do I exist? Most people I know believe in the "everyone was born for a reason" thing. But none of us really has a reason for being here now do we? No. Except to further the nation of God. And have you notice how since the uprise of other religions AND atheism in the world, crime has gone up? You can't deny the stats. Everything points in one dirrection. So long story short- if there is no God, we have no purpose. If we have no purpose, we have no reason for existing.

Assumptions, of everything ranging from language, society to the very time-line of Human societal evolution. Define purpose. Define reason. Reason to do what? What is crime? Who is a criminal? What is religion? What is God? Answers to these questions change every second, and you can't help but assume? A million years of evolution, and this is what you come up with? Your own purpose in life which you decide, or let someone else decide for you is entirely dependent on the fabric of society. It wouldn't have been same a hundred years ago.

This is exactly where almost all institutionalized/organized religions lose me. What on Earth does a snail need to do to climb up the ladder of morality? Leave a better trail of slime? What is an Autistic person to do? When most of them don't even know what to say most of the times, or have the ability to comprehend the multitude of the Human dominion over everything that we can sense. Would succumbing to the intentional ignorance of a few others make me climb up too? What is morality? Few pages of text? Are we really that disgusting? Are we really that disrespectful to our own existence?

Nature and that 3% DNA gives me reasons enough. Religions have changed with society too. So have the "purposes" of life. I'll take care of mine and you take care of yours. It's much more beautiful that way.

And you also may ask, "If God loved me, why is this happening to me?" God gives you experiences so you can do something amazing with your life. People from dysfunctional families probably have the most potential to live normall, healthy lives when they leave home and start families on their own. God gives you your talents and passions for the very same reason.

I don't get this. When God is omniscience, what's the entire idea and motive behind creation itself? Honestly, even after giving me my experiences, he knows already whatever I'm going to do. Why do I then need to pray? Convert to Christianity lets say or live a life at all? He already knows whether I would succumb to his tyranny or no, so why not teleport me to Neverland directly?

Why are not infants born with talents and passions? Why do they change over time? Besides, why are they so dependent on society? Where would've been passion for lets say, gaming be 100 years back? Or collecting Rolls-Royce when they hadn't even started being produced? Or, what's a passion for hunting deer today? With a bow and arrow, btw.

The end of the world- In the chapter of Revelations, this is where they discuss where Jesus will come back again. I've noticed that a few of those prophicies could EASILY be fufilled in todays time, as where when paul, john, noah and all those people live it couldn't have come to pass as easily. I can see the end of this world happening in our life time. Heck, for all we know, the magnetic field on the earth is supposed to flip and cause mass extinction anyway. Anyway, in Revelations there is mention of two Christians who go over to convert non-Christians and get shot where the entire world sees. You think this is not possible? Just wait untill Billy Ghram and one of his buddies goes over to Iraq. Cameras will be everywhere. The broadcasts would be streaming. And then BANG! Osama's henchman shoots Billy and his friend. It's really as easy as that. That I fear, might be our first sign the end is approaching. Then we have the trials and tribulation. All that stuff. It's slowly falling into place.

Mass extinction? Hardly. Humans have survived the last Ice Age, this time we have Science to help us with it in a better way. And for all you know, that "prophecy" would've been already fulfilled hundreds of times before ... I see no Jesus. If it is something, it's all falling out of place ... why do I have pay for my sins when God knew about the sins that I was going to commit before I was born? Why did he give me the chance to commit those sins? And no, I am not expecting a lame "free will" argument here, that'd be free credits for me. XD

So much for an omniscient God, pfft.

Maybe I'm just dumb and need to go sit under a rock. But that's why I believe in God.

I wouldn't really comment on that. XD

Science never had a concrete in-a-nutshell theory about the creation and destruction of our Universe, the Bible has. Beliefs are subjective but genetics isn't. Even the presence of MCRAs Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam didn't help much to postulate that there would've been a "first couple" like for say, Adam and Eve.
Even this "couple" lived around 60,000 years apart and most probably within a community of humans existing in that time.
But God did create this Universe out of nothing, right?

And yes, before further posting, please go get yourself educated on the Big Bang. Do you realize you're making a joke of yourself by comparing it to a firework or lets say ballistic explosion?

Rvalkass did a very fine job in explaining it to you. Or piecing together the dissociated knowledge. Physics is not one Christianity-friendly statement, it's a puzzle.

Btw, 'Big Banger' is a amazingly amusing adjective. XD
The last time you thought that God exists, he did. So there must me some creator behind him too? And some creator behind that creator? This is a clever way to run, though.
Assumptions, of everything ranging from language, society to the very time-line of Human societal evolution. Define purpose. Define reason. Reason to do what? What is crime? Who is a criminal? What is religion? What is God? Answers to these questions change every second, and you can't help but assume? A million years of evolution, and this is what you come up with? Your own purpose in life which you decide, or let someone else decide for you is entirely dependent on the fabric of society. It wouldn't have been same a hundred years ago.

This is exactly where almost all institutionalized/organized religions lose me. What on Earth does a snail need to do to climb up the ladder of morality? Leave a better trail of slime? What is an Autistic person to do? When most of them don't even know what to say most of the times, or have the ability to comprehend the multitude of the Human dominion over everything that we can sense. Would succumbing to the intentional ignorance of a few others make me climb up too? What is morality? Few pages of text? Are we really that disgusting? Are we really that disrespectful to our own existence?

Nature and that 3% DNA gives me reasons enough. Religions have changed with society too. So have the "purposes" of life. I'll take care of mine and you take care of yours. It's much more beautiful that way.
I don't get this. When God is omniscience, what's the entire idea and motive behind creation itself? Honestly, even after giving me my experiences, he knows already whatever I'm going to do. Why do I then need to pray? Convert to Christianity lets say or live a life at all? He already knows whether I would succumb to his tyranny or no, so why not teleport me to Neverland directly?

Why are not infants born with talents and passions? Why do they change over time? Besides, why are they so dependent on society? Where would've been passion for lets say, gaming be 100 years back? Or collecting Rolls-Royce when they hadn't even started being produced? Or, what's a passion for hunting deer today? With a bow and arrow, btw.
Mass extinction? Hardly. Humans have survived the last Ice Age, this time we have Science to help us with it in a better way. And for all you know, that "prophecy" would've been already fulfilled hundreds of times before ... I see no Jesus. If it is something, it's all falling out of place ... why do I have pay for my sins when God knew about the sins that I was going to commit before I was born? Why did he give me the chance to commit those sins? And no, I am not expecting a lame "free will" argument here, that'd be free credits for me. XD

So much for an omniscient God, pfft.
I wouldn't really comment on that. XD

I have to agree with everything you said. There is no such way I can believe in this God that the Christians believe in. First, how did 'God' get there in the first place? He must have appeared one day like a magician... Second, you can create something out of nothing, it is possible and proven by science - the real truth. Third, wat makes a priest more holy than me? umm, ya and lastly
CHRISTIAN RELIGION SEEMS LIKE A BIG IMAGINATION GAME TO ME!

He already knows whether I would succumb to his tyranny or no, so why not teleport me to Neverland directly?

It is unjust to punish someone when they've done nothing. Imagine if you got sent straight to where He would send you before having the chance to commit a grievious act. What would you do? You'd ask why are you there. What would be the answer to your question? The things which you would have done if you had the chance. You wouldn't accept that, would you? You'd most likely take the time to argue for your freedom.

[1]why do I have pay for my sins when God knew about the sins that I was going to commit before I was born? [2]Why did he give me the chance to commit those sins?

[1]Because you've committed them, obviously.

[2]His purpose for life is not to give people a chance to commit sins. But why did you so choose to commit them?

First, how did 'God' get there in the first place? He must have appeared one day like a magician...

Why must've He appeared "one day," in the sense that He never previously existed? Also, your analogy about the magician doesn't help you much, for the magician obviously previously existed before appearing after dissappearing from his act.

Second, you can create something out of nothing, it is possible and proven by science - the real truth.

Thank you for taking the time to prove it.

But in all seriousness, define "nothingness." For the only definition i can derive from it is "nothing visual," which doesn't prove your statement.

And concerning science being the "real truth," although many things in science can be proven from an objective viewpoint, a lot of other things can only come from faith.

Third, wat makes a priest more holy than me?

A non-priest can be holier than a priest; and a priest can be holier than a non-priest. It all depends on the person.

CHRISTIAN RELIGION SEEMS LIKE A BIG IMAGINATION GAME TO ME!

Why emphasize on one religion?

I just don't understand why people do NOT believe in God. What negative can come from it? It's not even like he says that you must live your life in perfect harmony and never get in trouble. In fact, all he says is that you must believe in him and you will live an everlasting life. How hard is that? Let's assume for a minute that he did *not* exist. Did it really hurt to believe? Think of it this way.Santa Claus. You don't believe and you will never get presents from family. Now you do believe and you do get presents. Although he is not real, which was more beneficial? To believe.

It is unjust to punish someone when they've done nothing. Imagine if you got sent straight to where He would send you before having the chance to commit a grievious act. What would you do? You'd ask why are you there. What would be the answer to your question? The things which you would have done if you had the chance. You wouldn't accept that, would you? You'd most likely take the time to argue for your freedom.

It is just punish someone when you know what they'll do anyway. He's God. He can't make mistakes while predicting/deciding the future. He is Omnipotent. I wouldn't. 'cause if I really interacted with him and he proved himself to me. There wouldn't be much left to argue.

[1]Because you've committed them, obviously.[2]His purpose for life is not to give people a chance to commit sins. But why did you so choose to commit them?

[1] Why did he let them commit me, be born when he knew I would commit them? Omniscience. Since my life starts 9 months before I think it did. How come he couldn't figure that out then? If I had to change. He should've known that already. Why am I an Atheist, then? Maybe, there's a dent in his Omniscience.

[2] I didn't choose to commit them. Whatever I am doing, it's all in his knowledge and will, already. He knew whether I would commit sins or become a strict Christian (committing more immoral sins this way) then why this test when he knows the outcome? When he knows how much I'd score?

Why must've He appeared "one day," in the sense that He never previously existed? Also, your analogy about the magician doesn't help you much, for the magician obviously previously existed before appearing after dissappearing from his act.

Why must've the Universe burst out someday and why couldn't it always exist? If God is the fundamental being as everything came from him, why can't all the elements in Nature be that instead? Are we really that egoistic that we want God to have a Human-like form? Or do we want to pride ourselves saying that we are in his form?

And concerning science being the "real truth," although many things in science can be proven from an objective viewpoint, a lot of other things can only come from faith.

Multi-objective viewpoint. Frame of reference? And we can't help that the Universe is objective, can we? And yes, alot of things have come from Faith. So many, that many have had enough.

Why emphasize on one religion?

Probably because of the lack of knowledge of other religions or the way through brainwash, how Christianity has come about to be known much as the Global Religion. The only good way I can think of Christianity spreading was from schooling. I come to a Christian school myself, some of the best education in the entire World.
Read something on the Christianization Of Scandivinia if you want to debate on the entire brainwash thing.

I just don't understand why people do NOT believe in God. What negative can come from it? It's not even like he says that you must live your life in perfect harmony and never get in trouble. In fact, all he says is that you must believe in him and you will live an everlasting life. How hard is that? Let's assume for a minute that he did *not* exist. Did it really hurt to believe? Think of it this way.

You just overlooked more than 5,000 years of Human history. Yes, it did hurt to believe. Yes, you're demeaning the lives of a million by saying that it didn't. You have no right.

Santa Claus. You don't believe and you will never get presents from family. Now you do believe and you do get presents. Although he is not real, which was more beneficial? To believe.

This isn't a Moral Science class and we are not 3rd graders. You need to do better.

It is just punish someone when you know what they'll do anyway. He's God. He can't make mistakes while predicting/deciding the future. He is Omnipotent. I wouldn't. 'cause if I really interacted with him and he proved himself to me. There wouldn't be much left to argue.

Imagine this:
You, just finished coming into existence: "Where am I?"
An Angel: "You're in hell."
You: "What's hell?"
An Angel: "A place for sinners, where justice is served."
You: "What's a sinner?"
An Angel: "One who has committed grievious acts."
You: "Why am I here?"
An Angel: "Because you're a sinner."
You: "When did I commit grievious acts?"
An Angel: "It's not that you did but that you would have."
You: "What?! How do you know I would sin?"
An Angel: "We're omniscient, we know all that would occur."
*You get punished*
You: "OW! Why are you hitting me!? I didn't do anything!"
An Angel: "You're being punished for what you would have done. Remember, we're omniscient."

This is what you're implying you would allow. I believe this is a form of reductio ad absurdum.

Why did he let them commit me, be born when he knew I would commit them? Omniscience. Since my life starts 9 months before I think it did. How come he couldn't figure that out then? If I had to change. He should've known that already. Why am I an Atheist, then? Maybe, there's a dent in his Omniscience.

(I'ma try to address this the best i can, as the grammar makes it a bit hard to understand it fully.)Perhaps He allowed your existence to please your parents. I have not come across any Biblical verses concerning why He allows existence though knowing the ways of man. There is no dent in His omniscience. You're probably an atheist because the things you personally find illogical you believe they prove God's inexistence regardless of whether they actually do or not.

I didn't choose to commit them. Whatever I am doing, it's all in his knowledge and will, already. He knew whether I would commit sins or become a strict Christian (committing more immoral sins this way) then why this test when he knows the outcome? When he knows how much I'd score?

Who made the decision for you? By God merely knowing what you would do? That means the reason for my death is because i knew i would die.
And i wouldn't call it a test, but refer to my reductio ad absurdum argument.

[1]Why must've the Universe burst out someday and why couldn't it always exist? [2]If God is the fundamental being as everything came from him, why can't all the elements in Nature be that instead? [3]Are we really that egoistic that we want God to have a Human-like form? Or do we want to pride ourselves saying that we are in his form?

[1]Anything that has an ending cannot always exist. The universe, as we know it, is everything that isn't blackness that is within the blackness. If the things that we claim was here before us have been observed to die, then it is safe to assume that everything else will in due time cease to exist at some point. Therefore the universe must have appeared at some point from "out of nowhere."[2]If God is where everything came from, it should be obvious why all the elements of nature can't be like Him.
[3]I do not see how being egotistical and having pride that we've been made in God's image has anything to do with this. Perhaps you've read and heard too many things about the religious that you are generalizing far too much for your own good.

Multi-objective viewpoint. Frame of reference? And we can't help that the Universe is objective, can we? And yes, alot of things have come from Faith. So many, that many have had enough.

We may not be able to help that the universe is objective, but we can certainly help what we mark as "true" or "false." And all that have had enough of faith still have faith.

Probably because of the lack of knowledge of other religions or the way through brainwash, how Christianity has come about to be known much as the Global Religion. The only good way I can think of Christianity spreading was from schooling. I come to a Christian school myself, some of the best education in the entire World.
Read something on the Christianization Of Scandivinia if you want to debate on the entire brainwash thing.

I did not mention that i wanted to debate on the "brainwash thing." You started talking about brainwashing. Your constant use of the word "brainwash" (and maybe other words; for example, "heresy," etc) implies that you've been brainwashed (i am using the definition for "brainwash" which you're using), for you are generalizing a lot.

Maybe I'm just dumb and need to go sit under a rock. But that's why I believe in God.

Don't worry, 80% of Americans claim to be Christian too lol. God bless. Edited by Jeff32 (see edit history)

You, just finished coming into existence: "Where am I?"An Angel: "You're in hell."
You: "What's hell?"
An Angel: "A place for sinners, where justice is served."
You: "What's a sinner?"
An Angel: "One who has committed grievious acts."
You: "Why am I here?"
An Angel: "Because you're a sinner."
You: "When did I commit grievious acts?"
An Angel: "It's not that you did but that you would have."
You: "What?! How do you know I would sin?"
An Angel: "We're omniscient, we know all that would occur."
*You get punished*
You: "OW! Why are you hitting me!? I didn't do anything!"
An Angel: "You're being punished for what you would have done. Remember, we're omniscient."

This is what you're implying you would allow. I believe this is a form of reductio ad absurdum.

The voluntarily induced lack of ability to ever get the point.

You're half right in the end though. This is absurdity and this is exactly what would be happening with God being Omniscient and with a pinch of sense in his brains, if he has one. Or maybe, he wouldn't require that with all his "benevolence."

[1]Perhaps He allowed your existence to please your parents. [2]I have not come across any Biblical verses concerning why He allows existence though knowing the ways of man. [3]There is no dent in His omniscience. [4]You're probably an atheist because the things you personally find illogical you believe they prove God's inexistence regardless of whether they actually do or not.

[1] How will committing sins please my parents?[2] Irrelevant.
[3] For you don't want to see it.
[4] An off-shoot of your repetitive failure to comprehend subjectivity and objectivity both going hand in hand. Logic isn't subjective. Period.

Who made the decision for you? By God merely knowing what you would do? That means the reason for my death is because i knew i would die.

That didn't make any sense.

And i wouldn't call it a test, but refer to my reductio ad absurdum argument.

Oh, really? A proof is only given for a test.

[1]Anything that has an ending cannot always exist. The universe, as we know it, is everything that isn't blackness that is within the blackness. If the things that we claim was here before us have been observed to die, then it is safe to assume that everything else will in due time cease to exist at some point. Therefore the universe must have appeared at some point from "out of nowhere."[2]If God is where everything came from, it should be obvious why all the elements of nature can't be like Him.
[3]I do not see how being egotistical and having pride that we've been made in God's image has anything to do with this. Perhaps you've read and heard too many things about the religious that you are generalizing far too much for your own good.

[1] Blackness? You could be a bit more, precise, couldn't you? How does the observation of the death of a single unit before our existence imply that all units must die?
[2] God isn't where everything came from. And I guess this should be pretty obvious from the Bible itself.
[3] It's been a while and I don't remember in what context did I say that. As soon as I do, it will be here in edition.

[1] We may not be able to help that the universe is objective, but we can certainly help what we mark as "true" or "false." [2] And all that have had enough of faith still have faith.

[1] Of course we can.[2] You completely missed my point. You in fact misunderstood what I wanted to say.

[1] I did not mention that i wanted to debate on the "brainwash thing." [2] You started talking about brainwashing. [3] Your constant use of the word "brainwash" (and maybe other words; for example, "heresy," etc) implies that you've been brainwashed (i am using the definition for "brainwash" which you're using), [4]for you are generalizing a lot.

[1] I did not say that you did.[2] Of course I know I did.
[3] Constant? Excuse me?

And I would love for you to clarify which definition of "brainwash" am I using.
[4] And where?