xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jjuuaann1

Computer Vs Xbox 360 And Ps3 You choose

Computer VS Xbox 360 And PS3  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many consoles do have web browsers now. The Wii, DS, PSP, and I assume the PS3 all do. But as I said, you can't really compare them; I wouldn't want to have a gaming console as opposed to my PC, nor would I want to have some game system in the place of my PC. :lol:

I'd say PC. You have more freedom, you can install/uninstall whatever you want, format hard drives, dualboot, and everything! It's just way more free than a console, on a console I can't do more than half things the PC can do. Still that doesn't make me hate the consoles... Games, etc. And another thing: A PC can be upgraded :lol:

I'd say PC. You have more freedom, you can install/uninstall whatever you want, format hard drives, dualboot, and everything! It's just way more free than a console, on a console I can't do more than half things the PC can do. Still that doesn't make me hate the consoles... Games, etc. And another thing: A PC can be upgraded :lol:

Yes, PCs can do more, but that doesn't make them better. That's like saying a cellular phone is better than a calculator simply because the phone can calculate, AND call people. In terms of games, what's nice about a console is that you don't need to upgrade it. While a computer may become obsolete, there may be conflicting software, or you might just not have the resources needed to run a game on your PC, a game console is always compatible with the software being made for it. PCs are also susceptible to crashing and contracting viruses, while a game system's greatest threat is being stepped on my your siblings. Offline multiplayer is another plus; very few PC games have it. It's such a blast to sit on the couch in the living room in front of you nice big TV with a group of friends, something that most PCs can't do. Gaming consoles are made for one thing, and one thing alone, and that is games. If you just want to talk in terms of games, consoles do have certain advantages over PCs, I don't think it's all black and white. You can't simply state that one is better than the other; they just don't match up. That's my take on it.

This is a rather interesting discussion - I would say it's hard to really compare these platforms since each one of them has their own set of pros and cons, their own set of great games and their own way of providing great gaming experience. If I could afford it, I would readily buy all the consoles available in the market along with an extreme gaming PC! On consoles there is no hassle of installation/un-installation and that makes it easy to just pop in the game dvd and play instantly. On PCs there is always the fear that the latest games might not work on an outdated rig.Then again, FPS games are much more enjoyable on PCs than on consoles due to the convenience of aiming and shooting with the mouse. On consoles, fighting games like Tekken are much more enjoyable than on PCs. See where this is going?These days it's common to have a PC and a console in the same house, so instead of racking our brains to figure out the better gaming platform, why don't we just enjoy the best of both the worlds and get back to gaming?!

I reckon PS3 for me, I've never actually owned a console but have always played on other peoples. The benefit i see to me is I'd keep the computer dedicated to work and turning the console on for some quick, easy relaxation time.

the only reason why a computer is worse then a console for gaming is the fact that people don't know much about a computer so they just get what they think might work. 

a computer you can upgrade as time goes by and as needed.  a console you cant. try playing ps3 games on your ps2 you cant.  were as a lot of computers 5 years old still to this day can play new games coming out.  my laptop I got in 2004 with out upgrading anything  was able to play cod4, cod5 and cod6.  and most new games out there.  and I still have options to upgrade it so it can play all games. 

that said I know a pc is way better for gaming hands down.  it is those who don't know much that would say pc sucks.  if you have a great pc you don't have to worry about your hardware specs tell 5 years later when it might be low end then. 

not to mention online gaming is free for most games.  fps games for instance like cod4 or cod6 is free to play online were as xbox you have to pay for it.