xisto Community
Mermaid711

How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

Well I have a pretty good friend who does not believe in God, Christ, or any of that. I'm really worried about his eternal salvation.

I want to bring him to Christ, but there are a few problems.

He is very egotistical. He will NOT change himself to anyone else's ways. Believe me, I've tried.

He hasn't had the greatest past. His father left him and his mother when he was a little boy. His mother then for some reason became a lesbian. She doesn't really ever have anything to do with him, except for when she says horrible things to him. As a matter of fact, my mom has really had to be his mom for the past year or two. He's been pretty screwed over in life. I can't really explain everything.

He's a really great person, a really sweet and funny and smart boy. I just want to be sure that he won't spend the rest of eternity in Hell. But I don't know where to start.

So could you please give me a few ideas?

And for the Atheists, I don't want any smart *bottom* remarks. I don't want to hear "Well, he's right and you're a delusional retard." If you can't say anything germain to the point, don't say anything at all.

Hello !

Please keep up the good work of reaching out sincerely to another person. This world will always need people like you to be around.

God, in all His just and loving kindness makes the calling and does the choosing. I believed that he is the final judge as to what in particular "level of spirituality" a person should attain in order for him/her to be eligible for salvation. And this "level of spirituality"as numerous instances in the bible is always dependent on the specific circumstances of the people. salvation is a process. Christ even appoints 1000 years for the complete cleansing of the human race from all stains of demonic rule!

Having that said, you said that he is really a good friend. Well, I believe he is on the right track of becoming a true Christian in deed rather than in words. Maybe he is not doing the things that you have been thought christian should do or say to be saved.

I suggest just provide even the subtlest strategy for him to be acquainted with the bible, It has power. And its power to change a person is beyond our comprehension and is more powerful than any preacher out there. Let the bible do the talking. Give him and God time to reach out to each other. Come to think of it, God loves him more than we do ,rest assured that God will give every man the chance to earn life. Remember if no one will preach, then God will even make the stone to cry out ! just to reach every man.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself buddy.
How DARE you assume that you have some special knowledge and/or insight and that your religion is true whereas others are not. Arrogant Crap.

Personally speaking I'm willing to bet that I know the Christian religion WAY better than you do. We can test it if you like? On matters of core dogma, different sects, biblical interpretation, historical events - you name it. Yet you think that my lack of belief is in someway a handicap and that I obviously haven't thought it through? I say again - arrogant crap.

Christianity is full of contradictions and nonsense, so rather than try to convert your friend you should rejoice that he has seen through the nonsense and consider asking his help to do the same.

And as for

And for the Atheists, I don't want any smart *bottom* remarks. I don't want to hear "Well, he's right and you're a delusional retard." If you can't say anything germain to the point, don't say anything at all.

I don't particularly want to hear smartass theists patronising non-theists, but since this is a public forum then I take what comes - you don't get to censor replies or select who can comment. Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

The best advice I can give to you is to not use the "accept Jesus or you will burn in hell" bit. That is completely counterproductive. It'd be like me threatening to kill you if you don't be my friend. Wouldn't make you want to be my friend, would it?

I say this because, I have found that this is the favorite "conversion" method of many christians, atleast the ones who want to convert me.

Don't try to actively convert them though. If you happen to get into a debate about religion, be patient, make strong points about religion and don't be pushy. Don't quote scripture, as it is meaningless to an athiest. Use arguments you can strongly support.

Also, don't pretend you know why they believe the way they do. There is no set reason for being athiest. Listen to their side of the story, be genuinely interested in what they feel and address their concerns directly. Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes. Not admitting them and making the same one time and again just makes you seem dishonest. Be open-minded. You're asking them to be, so the least you can do is return the favor.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself buddy.How DARE you assume that you have some special knowledge and/or insight and that your religion is true whereas others are not. Arrogant Crap.

Personally speaking I'm willing to bet that I know the Christian religion WAY better than you do. We can test it if you like? On matters of core dogma, different sects, biblical interpretation, historical events - you name it. Yet you think that my lack of belief is in someway a handicap and that I obviously haven't thought it through? I say again - arrogant crap.

Christianity is full of contradictions and nonsense, so rather than try to convert your friend you should rejoice that he has seen through the nonsense and consider asking his help to do the same.

And as for

I don't particularly want to hear smartass theists patronising non-theists, but since this is a public forum then I take what comes - you don't get to censor replies or select who can comment.

And don't get angry when faced with criticizm or someone elses view point. It makes you seem like a *BLEEP*. Just be honest, sincere and open-minded.
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

I think you shold try and get really close to him. once you are a good enough friend to him you shold try just sharing little bits of the life of the christian... I don't think what you are doing is wrong I just don't want to to break the friendship and/or offend his beliefs... thats all i have to say

:)