xisto Community
Mermaid711

How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

Why should your friend have to convert to your religion? A person is entitled to hold their one outlook on life, and should not have any ideas forced down their throats. This is why I despise the premise of missionaries, they go into a country, and force them to believe what they believe, which is completely wrong. If your friend wants to be religious, he'll decide on his own not after his friend tries to force-feed him their beliefs.

I'm not Aethist, but I dislike people who try to enforce their beliefs on me. I suppose you are trying to convert him out of good intentions, but if he really is an Aethist, he would think of you as a preacher, and preacher is never a good word. Also, just because someone does not embrace Christianity does not mean that he is egoistical or will rot in heaven. I do not see any logic in this. If he's a great person, it doesn't matter what religion he adopts, does it?If you still wish to convert him, the only thing you can do is invite him along to your church gatherings and masses as an observer and see whether he likes it. Ask him to think of it as a way to spend time and gain more exposure, rather than outrightly trying to convert him. If he discovers by himself that Christianity is the religion for him, he will convert without any coaxing on your part. If he is adamant about not converting, there is no point in nagging at him to convert.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

If he's a great person, it doesn't matter what religion he adopts, does it?

Actually it does.

Ephesians 2:8-9

" For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith?and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God? not by works, so that no one can boast."

It doesn't matter if we are a good person or a bad person, what matters is our belief that we are sinners and that Jesus, the Son of God and God himself, has paid the debt for our sin which is death. Our faith alone can get us into heaven.

John 14:6

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

Romans 6:23

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Trying to convert someone is like the worse thing you can do, in my opinion, I hate all those door to door converters and junk and so if you want to really be a friend let him walk his own path and support him the best way you can. You have no right to force people to conform to your religion and so I wouldn't press the issue with him, just be a friend and not one of those religious nuts.

I agree 100%

So what's your goal? Are you trying to bring him to know God, or to follow a procedure to give you peace of mind?If he does in his heart accept God... it may be that you never know.If you somehow persuade him to "convert"... he may in fact still be far from God.Jesus said not to hide the light. He also said to take the plank off wood from our own eyes first.It's all there in front of you. Soften your own heart and see to his needs. Never give up at loving others and seeing to their needs... work to that goal. Prove your own salvation, work in a soup kitchen or whatever opportunity you see around you. Quit worrying about God working the heart strings or whatever else it is you are currently seeking.Pray in all things of course... that way when you do feel this burden, you can be doing something about it. Other than that, if your own needle points to God he's going to pick up on something even without you trying to make it happen.Peace. :)

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackHow Do I Convert A Non Christian?

pray and don't give up---don't listen to everyone who is against you trying to save him. It's our job as the body of Christ to bring everyone to God. Of course you don't want to hurt people's feelings---but would you rather hurt them a bit or let them be hurt more in hell...And yes they'd go to hell for whoever says they wouldnt

If you try to convince him he'll feel forced and won't change. The best way would be to let him see how good religion is for you or other people but without preaching him or telling him to do something. They say (in a non Christian book by the way, but of another religion) that when the apprentice is ready then the master will show up, this is, sometimes people teaches us things and we just don't understand them or are not ready to do so, but later, just like magic, we understand things (they call it a satori I think). Maybe your friend isn't ready for converting but one day he will without anybody forcing him.On the other hand, if in spite of all his problems he's a good person and does good he will not go to hell anyway! I think that it doesn't matter if he prays or not, the important thing is to act according to God's rules, which are very alike to the moral rules everybody -Christian or not- knows.

I love how every single one of the NAY sayers refer to human rights! "That guy has the right to believe whatever he wants"What are RIGHTS? Are they things that every person is allowed to have just because he was born? What a ridiculous concept! Rooted is materialism! We are allowed to breath the air...Be are allowed to drink water. We are allowed to eat the meat. Everything that is material or worth something on a spiritual level we have to either earn...Or receive as a gift!

Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Where did this Idea come from? Why don't these Nay sayers ask themself why they think this way? Why are they trying to stop the flow of information(possibly crucial information!) by saying that even the most uninformed/misinformed people are "protected " from being informed by a man made law that encourages them to stick to their guns! 

Information should be allowed to flow!

ALSO anyone who tries to trick someone else into a conversion( any subtle techniques of persuasion) should read the Bible himself. Jesus did nothing in secret.

If you go around and try to brow-beat or trick someone into believing then you arent exactly trusting God. Who will speak through you at the right time.

WHATS SO bad about someone trying to convert you anyway? If you believe something you then surely you should be able to defend your position. Unless you are to lazy to listen or to BUSY!

And if your logic is found wanting...WHY ARE PEOPLE SO ASHAMED OF CHANGING THEIR MINDS?

<p>I love how every single one of the NAY sayers refer to human rights! "That guy has the right to believe whatever he wants"What are RIGHTS? Are they things that every person is allowed to have just because he was born? What a ridiculous concept! Rooted is materialism! We are allowed to breath the air...Be are allowed to drink water. We are allowed to eat the meat. Everything that is material or worth something on a spiritual level we have to either earn...Or receive as a gift! </p><p><em>Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.</em></p>
<p>Where did this Idea come from? Why don't these Nay sayers ask themself why they think this way? Why are they trying to stop the flow of information(possibly crucial information!) by saying that even the most uninformed/misinformed people are "protected " from being informed by a man made law that encourages them to stick to their guns! </p>
<p>Information should be allowed to flow! </p>
<p>ALSO anyone who tries to trick someone else into a conversion( any subtle techniques of persuasion) should read the Bible himself. Jesus did nothing in secret. </p>
<p>If you go around and try to brow-beat or trick someone into believing then you arent exactly trusting God. Who will speak through you at the right time.</p>
<p>WHATS SO bad about someone trying to convert you anyway? If you believe something you then surely you should be able to defend your position. Unless you are to lazy to listen or to BUSY! </p>
<p>And if your logic is found wanting...WHY ARE PEOPLE SO ASHAMED OF CHANGING THEIR MINDS?</p>

trying to convert someone while under the assumption that your beliefs are correct and unchangeable is impossible. Plain and simple.

and it's why you will probably never be able to convert an atheist.

Personally, from what I've seen, converting someone who considers themself an atheist is near impossible. You can't just tell them to be a Christian, nor can you threaten them with condemnation, as they don't believe in any of that. I don't know if it's the best route for everyone, but I think the only way to do it is to live your life as best you can; help others whenever possible, and treat them with respect. Live your life the way God would want you to, and while you shouldn't go shouting out hymns at the top of your lungs in a crowded intersection, do allow people to know you are a Christian. Just through your example, some may be encouraged to look into the religion you attribute your happiness to. As it seems to me, the simplest way to convert an atheist is to steer them to convert to Christianity on their own, the way they seem to prefer to do everything. :lol:

Edited by Spudd (see edit history)

I happen to be a believer in God. But trust me when I say that to try and convert him is the worst thing you can do. I was force-fed Christianity as a child and I very quickly rebelled. The path to believing from then was a long and tortuous one.Be a friend, and help him through praying and being a listening ear. Don't preach to him, but support him .And if he is a true friend, he will be interested when his life starts sorting itself out with your help.My own prayers will join with yours whenever possible...

Let me be honest.It is imposible to convert into Christian without force (which they always do).And it is always questionable that you are still staying Christian! even there is lots of different bibles around and all of them writing different from the other bibles.We are offering you Islam which has only one book Qur'an, and never writes different from the other Qur'an which the Christian Bible does not have.

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

It is possible, and it does happen. People don't like to convert when they're under the impression they didn't really have a choice about it, or that they only did it because someone told them to. People converted that way are likely to revert to their old ways very shortly. People want to know that when they are taking on a new religion that it was of their own volition. The only way to convert someone that way is to lead by example and be a good friend It doesn't always work, but it works better than shouting in their face what will happen if they don't convert.Erdemir, there aren't several different bibles, there's only one bible, which is a collection of books by different people who directly experienced God. They acknowledge each other, and don't contradict each other. I really don't get why someone would drop their faith over the fact that there are multiple books in the bible. :lol:

Erdemir, there aren't several different bibles, there's only one bible

No friend, there is not only one bible. Because it has no original language. It had been got away from its original meanins by while the religious leaders was translating into their languages without keeping its original language near them or the religious leaders had changed a few, some or lots of parts of the bible to gain benefits from people.

Isn't this example proving this idea?:

Did priests sell lands which is in heaven for money?

Do people go to church to get away! from their sins by paying to priests? (I hear you say "no priest take money to delete people's sins!".)

I ask you: "Do you believe in bible?"

You say: "Yes, I do."

I ask you: "Which bible?"

You say: "All bibles are the same." (Let's accept for now that is true)

I ask you: Bible in Iraq, Bible in Rome, Bible in New York, Bible Matta, Bible Markos, Bible Luka, Bible Yuhanna, and Bible Barnabas. Do you believe them.

Probably you will say: "Yes, because they are all the same."

Now I am offering you to read the Barnabas bible and see difference you have read before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

Now will you continue to say "all bible are the same!" or "there is only one bible!"?

Maybe you will deny some bibles huh?

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

Let me be honest.It is imposible to convert into Christian without force (which they always do).
And it is always questionable that you are still staying Christian! even there is lots of different bibles around and all of them writing different from the other bibles.
We are offering you Islam which has only one book Qur'an, and never writes different from the other Qur'an which the Christian Bible does not have.

Islam was spread with just as much force as Christianity, don't take the moral high ground here.

Above all else, Muhammad was a military genius. His "book" likely came from a good idea to gain support and obedience among those he conquered, or just plain insanity.
Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)