xisto Community
Mermaid711

How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

Actually both Spudd and Erdemir are right to a point here.The Bible, as in the founding book of Christianity, is a collection of diaries and essays that was put together by those who believed in God and believed that Christ was His son. It does have an original language, hebrew, as it was largely dervided from the Torah, the sacred book of Judaism. It only get multi-lingual at a later date as followers from different countries started to write their own accounts of their relationship with God and/or Christ.However, there is now nearly as many Bibles as branches of Christianity, each edited to follow their own principles. The Catholic Bible was heavily edited by Rome, for example by throwing out what are now known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Some new churches are including these in their own Bible to show Christ as more human than god.As for converting by force, there is no moral high ground for anyone. Everyone has always been at fault, using religion as an excuse for political reasons of going to war. I would just wish everyone would let the past be past and remember that ultimately, whether we follow Islam, Christianity or Judaism, we all believe in the same God, simply in our own different ways...

I would just wish everyone would let the past be past and remember that ultimately, whether we follow Islam, Christianity or Judaism, we all believe in the same God, simply in our own different ways...

We all believe in the same God, we call him Allah.
But some of the christians accept Christ as god, and this idea is absolutely wrong Christ is only a prophet like Moses, like Adam, and like Muhammed.

Let me say something about RedAlert's post.
RedAlert said for Qur'an as Muhammed's book. No, Qur'an is not Muhammed's. Qur'an's words are Allah's words. There are lots of miracles and scientific events are being understood written in Qur'an which has come about 1400 years ago.
Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

We all believe in the same God, we call him Allah.But some of the christians accept Christ as god, and this idea is absolutely wrong Christ is only a prophet like Moses, like Adam, and like Muhammed.

Let me say something about RedAlert's post.
RedAlert said for Qur'an as Muhammed's book. No, Qur'an is not Muhammed's. Qur'an's words are Allah's words. There are lots of miracles and scientific events are being understood written in Qur'an which has come about 1400 years ago.

Yes, I know all about Islamic beliefs. It doesn't make them rational or even reasonable. Obviously it is impossible to convince people they are delusional, we can clearly see that women from the Manson Family are still unquestionably loyal to charles even after his arrest and life sentence. If you walk into a discussion with the ASSUMPTION that you are right - that you are infallible, there is no real argument at all. Just stubbornness.

I understand you have your reasons for thinking the way you do, and I also understand there reasons for this, mainly the inability of humans to fully comprehend randomness and thus the need to personify it in a way that makes it seem intelligent.

"He hasn't had the greatest past. His father left him and his mother when he was a little boy. His mother then for some reason became a lesbian. She doesn't really ever have anything to do with him, except for when she says horrible things to him. As a matter of fact, my mom has really had to be his mom for the past year or two. He's been pretty screwed over in life. I can't really explain everything"you should stop trying to show him a path to follow and help him deal with the anger and hurt he has in side of him get him to confront all of this he will come around. forget the church path he will find it if that is what he finds comfort in. this is just my opinion

Why convert??How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

why do you all religious people try to convert everyone else to believe in what you believe? Do you see us, atheists, trying you to make you believe in evolution? Dinosaurs? or anything that we believe in? It is because of the religion that we have all this BS, and wars in this world, do you not see it???

-reply by Tomash

I think pretty much everyone gave very good advise. You can't convert anyone to Christianity. You can only show him through your own life. yes, you can talk to him about God and what he has done for you in your life and how much God loves him, but the best thing you can do is pray for him and ask God to open doors of opportunity for you to talk to him as I believe was mentioned already. God never pushes Himself on anyone. It is our responsibility to share the Word of God with others but we don't want to turn them off either. Pray for wisdom and for opportunity. And most of all pray for God to touch his heart.I just want to say to one of the posts made by Demonfire, that he did not call his friend egotistical. He said he did not want to get responses from anyone advising him that was going to be egotistical in their response.Sharing God's word is something we need to pray about in how we do it because we do not want to be judgemental and pushy. Some people get very irate about it so pray continuously. You still will get those who don't want to hear and will reject everything you say, but God will get through somewhere down the road. just plant seeds and others will water the seeds and God will get the increase.I can see you really care for this person and God will honor that.In His Love,D. Benitez

how do i convert a non christian?How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

praying is a really big tool - prayer can do a lot of things you should pray very very hard for him because when you do it's like you fight for him and your battle is with devil who wants his soul for the fire and then get very close to God yourself because how can you be the light to him (and light shows the path) if you are not feeding from the source of light.

remarks - think about it - how come Christians  ALL OVER THE WORLD   still talk about how God still keeps his word and still answers and still heals and does so many miracles and the biggest is changing a human heart from any kind of stage to humble - so many stories known - this God is REAL and mainly ALIVE and who really cares about people He created

Then why would people just die for God who to some people was just an idea - why would people loose their life for that?!?! So stupid you think how they would see their children torn in front of their eyes or cut or go through hunger and so many other ways of persecution. MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING MORE TO THIS "idea" maybe there is God who will give them a way better life in heaven. To go through all this you seriously Must have a 100 % proof that God is real and He sees them and He will take care of them. Those people had that proof and so they stood up for their believeth and were faithful servants till the end did not betray their God.

-reply by lyuba

how do i convert a christianHow Do I Convert A Non Christian?Seriously - everyone from history knows that Qur'an was written by Muhammad who just collected stories from travelers and those stories were from already existing Bible!! the reason Muhammad excluded Christ as the son of God is because Jesus preached love but Muhammad had so many people to kill to get what he wants but if Jesus is son of God than Muhammad would go against God's will by torturing people to convert so why not make Jesus just a prophet, and just so people would not compare Jesus to Muhammad lets make Muhammad a bigger prophet so that people listen to him more. - if there is one God1) One God can't say to one person kill and to other don't and to one you can do that but to the other you can't2) God is not someone who just sits there just because but He is the RULER - who wants to be obeyed who created us for certain purpose-reply by jeje

how do i convert a christian

How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

Seriously - everyone from history knows that Qur'an was written by Muhammad who just collected stories from travelers and those stories were from already existing Bible!! the reason Muhammad excluded Christ as the son of God is because Jesus preached love but Muhammad had so many people to kill to get what he wants but if Jesus is son of God than Muhammad would go against God's will by torturing people to convert so why not make Jesus just a prophet, and just so people would not compare Jesus to Muhammad lets make Muhammad a bigger prophet so that people listen to him more.

- if there is one God

1) One God can't say to one person kill and to other don't and to one you can do that but to the other you can't

2) God is not someone who just sits there just because but He is the RULER - who wants to be obeyed who created us for certain purpose

-reply by jeje

the god of the chrisitan bible is very fond of killing, just take a casual stroll through exodus

Yes, I know all about Islamic beliefs. It doesn't make them rational or even reasonable. Obviously it is impossible to convince people they are delusional, we can clearly see that women from the Manson Family are still unquestionably loyal to charles even after his arrest and life sentence. If you walk into a discussion with the ASSUMPTION that you are right - that you are infallible, there is no real argument at all. Just stubbornness.

I understand you have your reasons for thinking the way you do, and I also understand there reasons for this, mainly the inability of humans to fully comprehend randomness and thus the need to personify it in a way that makes it seem intelligent.

i would further these remarks... but i really couldn't have said it better. instead, i'll leave a quote:

"The world holds two classes of men intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence."

Abul‐Ala al Maarri

People who do not believe in GOD are self-believers and do the right for the right. This is because they do not fear that they will be judged for their action on others but with what they do judging themselves.Most of these non believers are just because they have a a terrible past and do not feel that there is some power that does justice. Instead victimizes the victim vindictively. If there were to be such thing called GOD then there must be parity in what happens. Every time the worst cannot be striking the same person if GOD is doing justice. Obviously, if GOD is there then there will not be continuous sufferrings for some. It is often seen that the one who praises the almighty and is loyal and nice and good and righteous suffers the most and the ones who think their action is their destiny setter are better off because they do better in the adverse situation and do it by themselves and not wait for some foolish thoughts that GOD will help.No wonder what you think about this you will come to the conclusion that humans are cowards and are afraid of death and loss and therefore think that there must be someone whom he can depend and rely upon at the time of crisis.The priests and the pundits are just a bunch of thugs who got some well written verses of virtue and greatness and are casing upon the fear of the human.Who do you thing ever proved that GOD existed. None to you actually. Neither you saw nor someone could make you see but you tend to believe in what other have to say because the fear in you will always ask you for cover and protection and this is where GOD exists.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

(READ THIS WHOLE THING) U think your a good friend!?!  If you were really a good friend you would accept him for who he is insted of trying to constently change him for what he believes.  Also if you think he is egotistical you should look at yourself.  You are the one who feels that your way is the only way, and will not tolerate divercity in the world.  What makes you think that you have the right to tell others how to live?  DON'T SAY THAT THE BIBLE TELLS YOU TO!  One book with nothing to support its contents does not count as evidence, and don't use the fact that we have biblical cities.  People can use real cities in fictional works.  YOU BIBLE THUMPERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO PUT OTHERS THROUGH YOUR CRAP, AND YOU ARE THE REASON THAT PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HATE CHRISTIANS. You are giving your religion a bad name.

-reply by Devin V.

How do I convert a non-Christian?How Do I Convert A Non Christian?

Your question shows that you sincerely love your friend. May God bless you! The Golden Rule was given for this kind of situation. If I were in your friend's position, I would not want you to give up on me.  I know the love of Christ, and the value of the forgiveness of sins that Christ won for the whole world.  It is the difference between light and dark -between truth and lies- between peace and unrest - between Heaven and Hell!  I believe there are a few things to rely on.  As mentioned by others, prayer is key. It is the Christian's most effective tool. The only one who has the power to change any of us is the Holy Spirit.  He is the author and perfecter of our faith.  He will move you to pray and then to secondly, live a Christian example.  Be obedient to Christ.  Do not give a penny's worth of thought to what others think of the Bible.  It is the word of God, and is our guide to truth in this murky journey of life.  Draw very near to Christ.  Seek Him with your whole heart, and after that, seek his true disciples, and get them praying for your friend and you too.  Surrender the control to the Holy Spirit, and fix your eyes on Jesus.  He is seated at the right hand of ALMIGHTY God.  You have a Victorious, Powerful Christ.  Don't submit to the lie that there is nothing you can do.  Pray.   And thirdly, ask for an opportunity / opportunities, as the Holy Spirit directs you, to speak the truth in love.  No matter how much abuse you may receive, remember to forgive with the help and love of the Holy Spirit, and let God's plan for your life unfold, in the desire to help a friend who needs the love of Christ.  Yoke yourself so closely with Christ, as to become one with Him.  Without loving God, as directed in the first commandment, we can't love our neighbor with the stamina, consistency, and enthusiasm this world demands. Christ is the head, and you are part of the body.  Don't go it alone.  As you have done, seek the church, the Body of Christ, to help fulfill this mission God has burdened you with.  Persevere, don't give up.  How the Angels and all the company of Heaven will rejoice with you when your friend comes to faith!  Remember, you are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses...  Think of the new person your friend will be when he comes to faith.  Focus on this new man, and not the old one, or you will become discouraged.  Remember, it is not your responsibility to convert him, nor is it within your power.  Be on stand-by, and be willing to let the Holy Spirit work His will through you.  I think the desire for another's conversion, works another conversion, in the one with the desire.  I know what I am talking about as I have a friend who is a non-believer, and I have been through an interesting journey myself along the way.  My friend is not converted yet, to the best of my knowledge, and has pushed me away, but I still love him and care about his temporal and eternal welfare.  Many people are praying for my friend, and I will pray that your friend will be drawn to our wonderful God too.  We pray this in Jesus' name, and our help is in the name of the Lord! His name is Wonderful and with Him, all things are possible! Amen.

-reply by Arla M.

Try to talk to him about it, but don't pester him constantly. If your situation turns out for the worse, don't worry. There will be a point in his life when something else horrible happens and he will ask and test himself about God. This happens to everyone at some point. Hopefully he will take God seriously, but if he doesn't, that's his personal choice to not get saved. Before you talk to him about it, make sure you know what youre going to talk about. I will pray for him.P.S : Also, don't listen to all the 'smart atheists' out there, they literally have NO idea what they're talking about. They're like children trying to figure out quantum mechanics. This world has labeled 'Christianity' as just another 'religeon'. They'll never understand. :)

Well I have a pretty good friend who does not believe in God, Christ, or any of that. I'm really worried about his eternal salvation.

I want to bring him to Christ, but there are a few problems.

He is very egotistical. He will NOT change himself to anyone else's ways. Believe me, I've tried.

He hasn't had the greatest past. His father left him and his mother when he was a little boy. His mother then for some reason became a lesbian. She doesn't really ever have anything to do with him, except for when she says horrible things to him. As a matter of fact, my mom has really had to be his mom for the past year or two. He's been pretty screwed over in life. I can't really explain everything.

He's a really great person, a really sweet and funny and smart boy. I just want to be sure that he won't spend the rest of eternity in Hell. But I don't know where to start.

So could you please give me a few ideas?

And for the Atheists, I don't want any smart *bottom* remarks. I don't want to hear "Well, he's right and you're a delusional retard." If you can't say anything germain to the point, don't say anything at all.

[/quot