xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

Issue With Windows Vista - Sound Card Acting Wierd [resolved] Sound card doesnt recognize my 5.1

For some strange reason My sound card doesn't seem play sound on my 5.1 properly.I've a dual boot system.on XP its running properly. So I figure this is an issue with Vista only.My sound card is recognized as Realtek HD audio.*(My motherboad is XFX 650i Ultra)Now whenever a jack on the back-panel is unplugged or plugged in it shows and alert and gives an option window under XP where I can select what I've put. It somewhat allows me to configure any pin to be a input or output. However I could not find this same option in Vista. I generally don't use my Speakers so initially I didn't realize this :D .. LOL.. i know this is something that ppl configure first thing on their system.When I further looked into the Realtek properties I found that it has some how fixed the pins. and they were totally different from what I have it configured under windows XPso now, Its playing Rear speakers instead of Center/Sub Front is the same But Center/Sub is no longer there. instead the point was labeled as SideIt does show up unplug/plug indication but gives no option to configure it.:( I am attaching screenshots of the option window i get under XPpost-61260-1213035690_thumb.jpg as you can see I've configured my Headphones (instead of Center/Subwoofer)I cant seem to find this under Vista. Any suggestions ?

hmm..you should have some options in the realtek sound properties. I assume you have checked to make sure you have the latest driver from realtek or motherboard manufacturer. Make sure you have vista SP1. I have intel IDT audio suite and I have a plethora of 7.1 options. If you can't find any, the realtek driver for vista might just be written badly. See if there is a whql driver available for vista? If all else, I would contact realtek about their vista compatibility. good luck

sound driver for vista thats similar to xpIssue With Windows Vista - Sound Card Acting Wierd [resolved]

I'm trying to find out how to get xp sound driver onto vista. I cnanot record on my mp3 mixer, but on xp I was able to record. It seems the only solution is to reinstall xp and rid of vista but vista has proven to be great security. Any suggestions? 

-reply by drew