xisto Community
saitunes

What Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

My deepest heartbreak I've experienced was a long saga, real long. Here is the short version:1. We became close friends2. She lied to me and didn't tell me that "That random guy" was her boyfriend3. Her and "That random guy" broke up, he only wanted one thing :D4. I was one of her only friends that weren't all "I told you so, older guys are only after one thing"5. I asked her out, she said no (that wasn't the heartbreaking part)6. Not long after that she started going out with a guy (who had a bad track record) and didn't tell me.7. She said a few things like "Oh he is sooo sweet" or "HE is sooo great" while I was in earshot (insensitive much?)8. We had a fight and a falling out9. They broke up (well he just ignored her)10. Again I was one of the few friends who weren't saying "I told you so"11. Before our high school formal (like a prom for you Yankees) I said something (Which I think was a fair conclusion) which resulted in another tiff12. I just gave up on trying to get her forgiveness13. We got lost together on a school trip, and became friends again14. After school finished we arranged to meet up, at the last minute (When I say last minute I mean about 15 mins after we were supposed to meet up) she cancelled (because she was too hung over to come)That's the short version. If I wrote the long version I would probably get a million credits for it. But I don't feel like spilling my guts now.My story stretches over about 10 months. and theyre the big points.What about your worst experience of heartbreak?

Thats really sad/messed up! im sorrryyyy well my last one, was bad.. well the eneding washeres what happened..there was this guy, he was cute, on the football team, blah blah blah, and well we had friends in common, just had never meet or been introduced, until one day, he found me in one of my friends top friends over at myspace, and was like oh shes cute and added me; at the point, i was just kinda like, oh boy another looser added me (i didnt know who he was), then we started talking (me still thinking he was a looser, so i was kinda playing him.. and i told my friends i was) then after talking to eachother a lot over myspace (i was really bored, and this was like 2 months of talking, and seeing eachother at high school. but not talking or anything) we decided to meet eachother.. and i really want to, i tought he was the sweetest/funniest guy ever! [specially when he told me, he would always see me, staring his way, my eyes on him, but looking at something behind him, almost as if he was invisible]ok well, we meet, and i was really shy and freaked out, so when i saw him, i walked the opposite way, and he ran behind me, to catch up.. and was like heeeeeeeeeey, and well it all went from there, i guess.. now time for the heartbreakhe was on the football team. i was on summer school/had my friends etc, so we were both really busy, and had no time for eachother, so we grew apart, and one day, i signed on my messenger, and he was on, and he was like hey, and i was like, are im busy, or something, i was half awake, and had typos, but really meant to say.. your not busy?? and he took it completely the wrong way, which hurt him.. and he just went to his exgirlfriend, who was like, OMG GISELLE IS A B** dont talk to her.. blah blah, and she told him, about how i was "playing him" which i was on the beggining, but not anymore.. and as usual, he didnt let me explain myself, so that was the end of us.. and we havent talked ever sinceconfession: i miss him :D

Well I realy liked this guy in school so yeh we got speaking.He told me he realy liked me and beleved him but found out he wa just sayin the same to other girls so I got back at him and went out with his best mate ..This is where The stuf starts.. Well we was going so well for 14 month it had been amazing I thought I couldnt speand my life with any other gy he was the one.So 14 month past and my fone went missing I acused him so he got mad and cheated on me.When I when back to school I found out id left it there and now I'm just so upset to even acuse him.If I just had beleved him and trusted him I wouldnt be going thorugh the pain I am still in now and maybe would still have him now.All I wanna do is at least be mates but I know now ive messed things up.. I miss him , I miss him millions..-reply by hayley

I met him at work. And at that moment, I had no idea. One day, he added me to MSN, and since then, we talked all night , EVERY night .. And then eventually we started to see each other outside of work. I did like him, but for some reason I did not think I wanted to be with him. He was one year younger than I was, which I did think was a little wierd, so I think that had a lot to do with it. But we grew closer and closer, and we had a really good relationship.. But nothing was official. Here is the thing; I also liked another boy.  I don't know how this could happen. I really liked them both. But I told the younger boy I didn't want to be with him anymore. I didn't tell him exactly why, but it was because I wanted to be with the other guy. 

What ended up happening was after I hung up the phone after telling him. I went blank, and one minute later I was crying my eyes out. I realized I really really did want to be with him. I may have even been in love. So I stopped talking to both of the guys, but all I really wanted to do was talk to the one. But he did not want anything to do with me. So time went by, and eventually we started talking again. I apologized thousands of times, and somehow it worked. We got back together, and it was soo perfect. We had the best relationship you could ask for. It was the first time I had been in love, and it was deep. 

So all was good... So I thought. 

On my birthday, I noticed something really wierd. It just seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else.. Nowhere in particular, but not with me. He got me a really beautiful heart/key diamond necklace, and it was really sweet.. But the way he was treating me wasn't. After that day, it got worse and worse. We talked less and less, and saw each other rarely. It eventually got to a point where he would not answer me at all. When I called, his parents would say he's not there, and when he was there, he said he was busy playing video games. 

One day, we got in an argument, and he told me that he only told his parents to say that, and only said he was playing games so that he didn't have to talk to me. Then he said he stopped talking to me because someone better liked him. And when I asked him why this all started on my birthday, he told me it was because he was bored. 

Everything just fell apart. 

It has been a very long time since that all happened, but I still think about it ALL the time. .. I really really loved him

I just finished my first book, "Abilene's Child/Tormented Hope" which is about gross childhood abuse. 

I must say that I had terrible experiences with fathers. 

My first father was killed at the hands of my mother. Both my parents were driving in a car around 2:00 AM in the morning. From what I understand, my mother was slapping and hitting my father and he was trying to fend her off, when she grabbed the steering wheel.  The car flipped in the air and my father was killed instantly.

There were four young children at home all alone that morning.   They were ages, 6, 5, 4, and 1. There were three little boys and a one year old girl.  That girl is  "Abilene's Child/Tormented Hope". My name is Susie and I am that girl that was taken in the night, at age one, into an unknown black world.

After my father's funeral, my mother waited until night, then picked me up and walked to the door. This part I remember.  My mother turned and I turned and looked at my three beautiful brothers sitting under the kitchen table.  Their parents both leaving them for one reason or another.

My goal is to share what it is like to be a step daughter.  I would like to share with men and women the real effects of multiple partners in and out of the lives of children.

I would like to explain how important Step parents are and that they can make a difference.  

When I remember watching different men fighting with my mother,  and my mother fighting with them, I was certain that both parents had been small babies at one time. That was the only way that I could not hate them.

There are not many people who grow up and discuss the effects of domestic violence and trauma of battering, upon their lives and in their relationships.   I think that it is very important to come together as a team--society--symbolizing the family----and begin to rebuild "family".  

As I was listening to Erin Andrew's story of victimization,  I became aware that we are no where near understanding "Rape and Respect" . It is time to confront our loose behaviors and any behaviors that affect others.  I am "Pro-Therapy"  all the way.   We need to return to "respecting" our bodies and the fruits of our loins.

We as parents must truly stop and recognize our choices and decisions to divorce, to be unfaithful in our marriages, to control our desires and impulses, to become more disciplined and to have the means to be disciplined.

We must realize that having our children institutionalized in the day care system, requires double quality time in our children's lives.

I am so very concerned about the anger that is flowing through this country.   I want so much to reach out to the little grown up adults and hold them as if they were tiny babies. When I speak, I am addressing those who during their childhood,  witnessed their parents fighting.

Seems that there is factual proof that if a family is being destroyed by domestic violence, there is a great chance that there is also sexual child abuse going on.  Now what relation does incest and domestic violence  have in common? The common picture: father physically beats his wife.  He is in control.   There is a high probability that he is abusing his children, either physically, sexually, mentally, and emotionally. He keeps his family in constant fear and it is supposed to make him feel important. Why is it that this man demands respect and importance from his family?   Women suffer from these same needs.  How did this dysfunction began in America?   How many men and women are in prison because of violence towards their families? Is there more action that we can be taking?  How do we encourage and help direct these violators who are acting out the movie that they had seen in their past? What generation started it, if any? Where did the root come from?  (Mother's family or Father's family).

The first fifteen years of my life, I had many violators. I was beaten by several men, when I was a little girl.  I was sexually violated by many men, as a child. My mother attracted pedophiles. Healthy men who see children as needing protection to not play with violators. There is two different groups of men. The protector and the violator, or maybe their is another type, the uncaring and passive father.   By the way, when I say father, I mean mother also. I also mean siblings, for we are family and when we all are loved, we all feel loved. When we are all beaten, we all are beaten.

My first step father thought I was in love with him, gross gross. My second step father had the idea that mind games would break my spirit  down, perhaps driving me to him.  My first adopted dad didn't ask, he hit me in the face and demanded me to strip. My brother sexually violated my body because he had watched his mother allow men to violate her.   She could have taught him how to respect women because she respected herself as a woman.

It is time to lay things out on the table--------I love "RAW Stuff".  Secrets ignite violence.   Truth causes the poison to drain. Sex is not a hobby. If you have ever loved someone and watched them die from AIDS, you learn a new meaning of respect for the human body.

My passion is in recovery. My passion is in hoping and determining to move on a healing path.

Susie Hortman

Me and my girlfriend had been going out for for about 4 months when she tells me not to talk to some guy, because he was a jerk. It was pretty random and I didn't quite get it until finally, rumors began spreading that he was talking 'smack' behind my back. Which was cool I guess, a lot of people do that, but wary of him from what my girlfriend said, I confronted him about it. I'm not the type to shy away at things like that, party because I'm bold, party because I'm tall, partly because I'm crazy. He was quite underhanded about it, and wouldn't man up to what he had said until finally I said something like, "hey it's not alright to talk **** behind people's backs if you can't back it up." It was basically an open invitation for him to either punch me, or back down and admit that he was a dog with his tail between his feet. So yes, I was somewhat aggressive. I'm not the type to sit around and take insults from someone who lacks a backbone. This is when he says, "well it ain't alright to have a girlfriend that keeps textin' me saying she loves me and how she wishes she was single so she could be with me." Now I'm not a very metaphysical man, so I never really knew how it felt to have a broken heart. But I honestly felt it shatter in place when he said that. I don't act touchy, I don't read romance novels, I don't even believe in half of the flowery mumbo jumpo out there, but there was a gaping hole in me right when he said that. I walked away, trying pretty hard not to punch him (again, we are just teenagers, I don't claim to behave like a grown adult), and talked to my girlfriend. Lo and behold, she denied every such accusation as if the very thought of it was preposterous. I began gaining hope, because what she said made sense. The other guy was just trying to push a wedge between us, the other guy was lying, the other guy was this, the other guy was that. Then, because I so daringly disregard my emotions at times, I took a venture and said, "he gave me proof." Now if my girlfriend was telling the truth, her reaction would be something like "what proof? There's no way..." or something. But if she was guilty, then she was caught. And that's when she began her sentence with "I was really mad at you..." So no, I was wrong about that experience I felt when the guy told me about her. That wasn't heartbreak, this was. And I'm pretty sure of it. This all happened about 7.5 months ago, and I still think about it. I think it hurt more because I never talked to anyone about it. I just kept it to myself, because I'm supposed to be tough, but I'm not, and it kinda feels nice knowing that someone is reading this.

My heartbreak story is I,m in love with one of my friends, a girl, well it started me just thinking she was pretty then I began to like her more and more and now I cant get her of my mind, shes the type of girl who flirts with my friends and kissed my mate more then once but they arnt dating. I have to see her when we go pub or clubbing as my sister is friends with her also, I try to shrug it off like oh I just lust for her but I know it more than that. When I see her it hurts because I told her I liked her and she ignored me so I just said to her please tell me you told like me like that which she did and now when I see her there is awkwardness I never wanted 

-reply by 444cott

just my luck!What Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

where shall I startt... I started speaking to this really nice boy and we got along soo well.. We spoke everyday for hour on the phone... He used to tell me all about this girl he liked and that.. I used to always hate it ... But then things started to changes... I found out he was my sister best mate cousin ... And I knew if me nd him ever got together everyone would hate on us... soo a few weeks went by and me and him had a great friendship and then we finally met up .. We had alot of fun chatty away like we knew each other for years. We finally realise that we like each other the seiconde time we met. (heathway) x we kissed as he told me he like me.. My heart just filled up :) I couldnt wait to hold him in my arms I really felt myself around this boy.:) There was somwthing about him that I knew he was the one...As time went on we got togetherr and about 1 month down the line everything went wrong.His ex told me he wanted her bk annd all this... But he told me  she was lying so I took him back.. At this point I had fallen for him deeply nd he told me he was in love with me :) I couldnt be any happyerThen my sister and his cousin found out and everyone went mad. My sister send him nasty  texts messages annd his cousin told him they didnt want to speak to him.. .  me and him said we get throught it but it just get gettin wrost soo the same night he endned it with me for the (5th) time...They all fort me and him was over but we had a chat and reallise we didnt want to lose eachother so we got back together... Everything the best it could be...And suddenly one night out in the snow everyone happyly... It came to an end as I got out the car and walk down the road I get a text " I'm sorry its over " ... Now because I loved him so muuch I didnt wanna cry over him because it broke my heart two much. I ask him why and he said we anit got that connetion anymore we don't speak much... Hmm tht because we never out on our own or tha twe anit had credit. But I lay there cryin all night I hope u read this one day and realise how muuch u mean to me .. You keep telin me you love me buut u cant if we anit together and your not letting us b 

-reply by charlotte

we met through myspace about 4 years ago. Started dating October 30, 2006. He was my first real boyfriend, my first love, my everything. I introduced him to my parents, all the above. We were both young. I was just 15 when I met him, and he was 16. One thing lead to another and we fell in love. I was head over heals, until he cheated. I took him backk, but things werent the samee. One day I met another guy and left him for the guy. Worst mistake of my life. I regret it every dayy. I asked him to take me backk and he said yes. I was soo happy, thinking I had another change a love with him. I was wrong. He's treated me like garbage. He's lied so much, and no matter how much he hurt me I couldnt leave his side. I love him so muchh. On christmas 2009 he decided to break up with me. I'm heartbroken, I cant think of anything else other than him. I want to see him I want to call him. I just want to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I love him. Right now I'm sitting here crying tears rolling down my face asking myself when this will all end. Everyone's telling me " its not the end of the world" but to me it feels that way, I cant eat, I cant sleep, I feel like in an instant my world came crumbling down. what devastates me the most is he's out with his friends like I never existed. Everyone tells me go out do he same, go party meet new guys. I cant do it. if I flirt with someone else I feel like in a way I'm cheatin on him. at this point I don't know what to do to relieve myself from this pain. I love him so muchh. </3 

-reply by maria

dont let them take you for a mug!What Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?I met this boy about 6, 7 months ago. He seemed like a lovely boy but obviously I too head over heals for him to understand what her really like. He was the first person I felt like I could be myself around. He was my first love. He is in the army but I see him regulary but when he was in germany doing training, these rumors started about him getting some girl pregnant and he had been txting her telling her that he wants to be with her and the baby but you knw what people are like these days so I just ddnt believe them. Then more roumers started about him cheatin on me. Yet agen I ddnt believe them. Ievery time I asked him about it he would say no wot you going on about now just shut up about her now. More and more roumers started and by this point I woz starting to believe them. When he came back from germany he kept actin peird with me and would barely touch me. But I just left it. To tell the truth yes he did have me wrapped around his little finger. I would always chase him because I love him. A few days ago he went on facebook, which he deleted a while ago. I had a look on there and there was coments from this girl telling him that he had better be good. So I emailed her asking her about them. She only turned out to be his other girlfriend who he had been with for a month while being with me. I asked him but he just kept denying it. I started to get really ill because of all the stress he put me through. I emailed him but he ddnt reply and I txted him but still he ddnt reply. Today I went on my facebook to check it and he had posted something on my wall saying ' oi slag give me a ring if you can ok.' my heart beated fast and I went all hot. I was relieved to hear from him but then I actually felt abit better not hearing from him. He always calls me names and stuff but I know he is only joking, he only does it to wind me up, thats one of the things I fell in love bout him, dnt ask why. I texted him nd now we have been talking all night but still everytime I ask him about it, he either don't txt bak or he will deny it. What ever you do, don't let a boy take you for advantage, it never ends good :( x x x-reply by becky :)

HeartbreakWhat Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

I met this super sweet, caring guy for the first time during the summer. We started talking and began to like each other. After talking for about a month, we became official and I couldn't have been happier. After a few months, I was totally and completely in love with him. He was all I thought about and I just wanted to be with him every spare second that I had. One day, while he was at my house, I saw a text from one of my friends on his phone and thinking nothing of it, I went to reply to just speak to her as myself. That's when I found out that my friend and him had previously dated. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for him saying that he still loved her and I couldn't even compare. After a huge blow-out, we worked things out and he promised to never speak to her that way again. Several months go by and we are happier than ever. One day, he is out of the state at a camp and he asks me to check something for him on his Myspace. I go to his inbox and I see that it's full of messages from all these different girls and him saying he wanted to hook up with them and couldn't wait to see them and missed them. I was convinced he was only talking and not cheating but it was still wrong. So I confront him, and he said it was all a joke and I take everything too seriously. I eventually just had to break things off because I knew deep down that I deserved better. Yes, I was upset, but the break up isn't the part that broke my heart. We dated for almost 9 months and were totally in love for a good part of it. I would say within a week he had a new girlfriend that he said he "loved" after 2 weeks. That crushed me. After that relationship fizzled, he began to date another one withing about a week of the last. After that he had a few more and one that he dated for quite some time. The entire time he was dating her, he was trying to hook up with me. This is where I was so hurt. I was hurt for that girl and for me not knowing that he was most likely cheating on me the entire time. I know he cheated on me and I know he lied, but for some reason, my heart will always love him. I'm still in love with him and it hurts me every single day knowing that I fell in love with a boy who used, lied, cheated, and broke my heart.

-reply by SaraahhBall

HeartbreakWhat Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

I met this super sweet, caring guy for the first time during the summer. We started talking and began to like each other. After talking for about a month, we became official and I couldn't have been happier. After a few months, I was totally and completely in love with him. He was all I thought about and I just wanted to be with him every spare second that I had. One day, while he was at my house, I saw a text from one of my friends on his phone and thinking nothing of it, I went to reply to just speak to her as myself. That's when I found out that my friend and him had previously dated. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for him saying that he still loved her and I couldn't even compare. After a huge blow-out, we worked things out and he promised to never speak to her that way again. Several months go by and we are happier than ever. One day, he is out of the state at a camp and he asks me to check something for him on his Myspace. I go to his inbox and I see that it's full of messages from all these different girls and him saying he wanted to hook up with them and couldn't wait to see them and missed them. I was convinced he was only talking and not cheating but it was still wrong. So I confront him, and he said it was all a joke and I take everything too seriously. I eventually just had to break things off because I knew deep down that I deserved better. Yes, I was upset, but the break up isn't the part that broke my heart. We dated for almost 9 months and were totally in love for a good part of it. I would say within a week he had a new girlfriend that he said he "loved" after 2 weeks. That crushed me. After that relationship fizzled, he began to date another one withing about a week of the last. After that he had a few more and one that he dated for quite some time. The entire time he was dating her, he was trying to hook up with me. This is where I was so hurt. I was hurt for that girl and for me not knowing that he was most likely cheating on me the entire time. I know he cheated on me and I know he lied, but for some reason, my heart will always love him. I'm still in love with him and it hurts me every single day knowing that I fell in love with a boy who used, lied, cheated, and broke my heart.

-reply by SaraahhBall

tragedyWhat Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

My heartbreak story isn't just sad but actually, literally tragic in the end. I met this girl (we'll call her Jen), a couple years younger than me,in the summer after my freshman year in college (she was a senior in high school at the time). We were working at a summer camp and were division heads for of the younger age groups, so we worked really closely together. From the start I had a huge crush on her- everyone around us could tell but she couldn't, and I didn't push the issue, as she went from one (non-serious) relationship to another. We soon became really close friends, though, and shared everything with each other. From what I found out later, she was attracted to me but felt the friendship was strong and really needed just a friend at that time- her parents were going through a divorce and she was leaning on me. After a while, though, I grew impatient with the just friends thing- I wanted to tell her how I felt- I needed to. At the time though, she was with this guy (again not serious- they weren't a "couple" but regardless, it was at the point when the stuff with her parents was coming to a head- dad moving out, all that stuff. She was in a really vulnerable position. She had a lot of male friends but I think I was the only one who was smart and sensitive enough, and a good enough listener for her to really pour her heart out to me. 

Anyways, I decided to tell her I liked her and she just went all pale and didn't say anything. We were out getting ice cream or something, so we made awkward small-talk for a little while and I drove her home. I was devastated that she didn't come out and say she liked me back, but I couldn't tell if she was just to shocked and confused to come up with a response to me at that point, anyways, I sent her an email saying that while I liked her a lot I really valued the friendship and was sorry if she felt like I had damaged it. She wrote back the next day saying that she was furious with me- that she was counting on me to be there as a support while her family was falling apart, without any of the complications of a  romantic relationship; it wasn't that she wasn't attracted to me, it was that tbe timing was horrible. She said that she was hurt and didn't want to see me or talk to me for a while until she sorted things out. I wrote back and said I'd give her whatever time she needed.

I was so hurt inside because aside from "liking" her, I really loved the closeness we had and being able to be ourselves when we were with each other. Anyways,  I never heard back from her. I saw her a year later and it was incredibly akward. Looking back, I feel like she definately over reacted- I was just telling her I liked her after all- she was the one rejecting ME, and I come out as this jerk who she felt put his own feelings ahead of her needs at that critical period. But I also realize that it's partly true- I couldn't wait a couple months until her crap blew over. Anyways, time went by- a year or so, and one day I was hanging out with my best friend (who worked at the camp with me and so new Jen fairly well) and he was acting all strange. Finally he took a deep breath and said, "dude I have to tell you something...I ran into Annie (Jen's best friend) a few days ago. She he was sort of trying to pretend she didn't see me but I cought up with her and when I asked her what was going on, she started just bawling."

Apparently, Jen was out jogging one day when she suddenly collapsed. She died almost instantly. The doctors discovered that she had been born with a rare heart defect that was was never detected.  The doctors said that the defect wouldn't necessarily have been fatal, but Jen ran cross country all through high school and college, which put so much stress on her heart that what happened was basically inevitable.  

To make things worse, Annie never told anyone except a couple of Jen's friends from high school, so my friend and I weren't even able to be at her funeral. After my friend finished telling me this I was just in shock. She was the first of my friends to die, and our relationship had been so complicated that I didn't even know how to deal with it. Uultimately, though, I was devastated. She was such a sweet girl and to be taken away at such a young age (20) was really a tragedy.

-reply by A (literally) broken heart

Heartbreak.What Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

Became friends with a sweet young girl, who was a complete virgin. I took her on some really nice dates to Downtown Toronto, out for dinner was a real gentleman. I left for university, told her my true feelings for her, she did too. We had a long distance thing going. We had 6 beautiful months of companionship with minor bumps in the road. I dropped outa university, she got super frustrated with me and told me "Shes not ready for a serious relationship" and is to immature.

I play the silent game with her because I was broken inside, she attempted to explain herself, but said something tottaly different saying "My feelings changed". We worked out a deal to be 'best friends' we flirted all night, talked like we used to when we first dated, I asked her "lets be two people who just love each other, no labels" She agrees and we set up some dates to be with each other. The next day I visit her at work, and she isn't wearing the necklace I got her for christmas, a shot to the heart, I ask her what was going on I thought we still had something, she told me "no we are just friends remember" I gave her an ultamatum she chose to break off, I went home crying my heart out.

We then again talk about things and I attempt to explain my actions, she says "No you had your chance to have my friendship we are over". For the next week following shes already flirting with several guys on her Facebook page... I was forced to delete her.  

High School WoesWhat Was Your Worst Heartbreak [true] Story?

It all started in my first year of high school.

There was this one boy, Josh, who I went to primary school with but I was never in the same class. In high school I was in his homegroup and every single one of his classes. It was like fate.

We spent a lot of time together in class and we just clicked. We were great friends for a long time, he was different from the other boys, unusual, and I understood him. I was different too and he understood me. I fell in love with him. A bit of a stretch to say it was love when I was so young but you can just tell when it's true.

He used to walk me to my car at the end of every day, and we always walked to class together. He used to stare at me and out of the blue he would tell me I have beautiful eyes. Sometimes he would stroke my hair. Heaps of people mistook us for a couple which flattered me. I decided to do some detective work to see if he felt the same way as me, namely, I got a friend to ask if he would ever go out with me. I was all pumped and convinced I would have a boyfriend when I heard back from my friend next. While I was walking to my car she came back to me and sadly said."He thinks you're more like a younger sister"I stormed into the back seat of the car and put on my well practised, perfected, impenetrable "everything's ok" face. When asked how my day was I coolly replied "Uneventful."

As soon as I got home I bawled my eyes out.

After that our friendship died. He lost interest and gradually we stopped speaking. At the time I thought I must have freaked him out by liking him in that way.

Two years later he moved away. I never truly stopped loving him.

Very recently I was talking on the phone to one of my girlfriends (a long term friend of Josh) exchanging boy stories, and I told her this one. She was extremely sympathetic towards me and offered to text him to tell him how much he hurt me and I agreed. "Yeah." I thought. "He was a complete bastard how he lead me on then snobbed me off. I'll never see him again. Why not?"

She proceeded with texting him. He seemed clueless, saying things like "I don't recall that..." "I never knew she liked me..."It turns out that my so called FRIEND never asked him. He NEVER KNEW. What's more, he actually DID like me but thought I didn't like him when I started acting awkward. We could have been great together, but now it will never happen, since we've grown so apart.

I will never forgive that girl for lying to me, and to this day I miss Josh dearly.

The lesson? If you want something done properly, DO IT YOURSELF.

-reply by Kana