xisto Community

Okay, so me and my friend katelyn, were browsing and i found my myspace page indexed in google, but as MYSPACE CHINA right.. sooo i tried to log in to myspace China because it looked really asian and cute, and it wouldnt let me log in.. then katelyn told me, that her teacher used to live in China and she told them that in China they have their own internet network and cant access anything from all over the wold, because their goverment [kinda like hitler, who burned all books, that might give inside to the people on how life outside their territory is] doesnt want them to get their hands into any liberal toughts readings or websites, or even speak to anyone outside the Communist land, because of the same reasons, and because they might linger "Goverment Secrets" or something.. so all sites are filtrered and blocked by the China Firewall, kinda like in school haha, which i think is a little extremeEven on myspace, which is a site linked world wide, you cant access your world wide account in China, you must have a myspace.cn account, & if you want to go to the world wide website in China you need a goverment password of some sort... odd...and on the myspace terms, it says something about not spreading anything too liberal/goverment secrets/hatred towards goverment or your myspace will be deleted [myspace china]... they even have filters that filter those outso heres my question.. is it really that bad in communist lands? and if it is, why the hell isnt the United states, doing anything? they are getting friggin brainwashed

and if it is, why the hell isnt the United states, doing anything? they are getting friggin brainwashed

Because it's not our job to interfere with other countries affairs? We do it way to much as is. As long as we are not in any form of threat then we shouldn't bother with them. Sure we could talk to em about it, but like most governments, they are very determined on their way of life and our little influence isn't going to persuade them.

Because it's not our job to interfere with other countries affairs? We do it way to much as is. As long as we are not in any form of threat then we shouldn't bother with them. Sure we could talk to em about it, but like most governments, they are very determined on their way of life and our little influence isn't going to persuade them.

I couldn't agree more! I hope that one day you will become the president of the USA lol! USA intervenes in too many countries where they are not supposed to intervene. USA needs to learn how to mind their own business instead of interfering in others' affairs! I live in Lebanon which is in the middle east, and USA have screwed the whole region over the past few years and mostly my country! That's why most people over here (and in most countries of the world) hate the USA (the government, not the people).

Now about Communism, well yeah it could be as bad as it may seem. Communism is merely a form of dictatorship!

Honestly, I do not believe that communism is the evil that people say it is. In fact, I believe that communism could be incredibly effective, even more so than capitalism. But for this to occur, I believe that it must take on its true form. What it was originally intended to be when Mr. Marx dreamed it up.

Of course, you will point out how many communist nations have historically failed. Yes indeed, communism has a large history of failure. However, the governments that were in control during the communist state of these nations were incredibly corrupt.

The point of communism was to eliminate the distinctions between rich and poor. In other words, it aimed to make everyone financially equal. Now, for some reason, those who wished to rule never fully embraced the concept of communism, but changed it a little. So of course this perverted form of communism has always failed: corruption! The leaders gave themselves and the others in power special privileges. So really, they basically made everyone poor except for themselves.

In essence, I believe that communism could be much better than capitalism if only it was embraced in its true form.

so heres my question.. is it really that bad in communist lands? and if it is, why the hell isnt the United states, doing anything? they are getting friggin brainwashed

Unfortunately, there is not much freedom in those nations. It is really to bad, especially since people cannot access information that can really be important (although... myspace really isn't important :D).
Really, does the U.S. have any right to do anything about it? Honestly, I would consider them the dictator of the world if they keep it up.
I don't believe they are really being brainwashed, people will always be free to think what they want... even if they can't voice it.

Communist doesnt exist anymore in this world. There only exists communist-imperialist.The reason why the government blocks the worlwide websites is that free of speech can lead to rebel. The communism is bad when the people is starving, but when a country becomes a developed one, the people wants progress on their own and not to belongs to the state anymore.So if they see what is happening in the rest of the world they could be incentived to revolution.Regards

Honestly, I do not believe that communism is the evil that people say it is. In fact, I believe that communism could be incredibly effective, even more so than capitalism. But for this to occur, I believe that it must take on its true form. What it was originally intended to be when Mr. Marx dreamed it up.
Of course, you will point out how many communist nations have historically failed. Yes indeed, communism has a large history of failure. However, the governments that were in control during the communist state of these nations were incredibly corrupt.

The point of communism was to eliminate the distinctions between rich and poor. In other words, it aimed to make everyone financially equal. Now, for some reason, those who wished to rule never fully embraced the concept of communism, but changed it a little. So of course this perverted form of communism has always failed: corruption! The leaders gave themselves and the others in power special privileges. So really, they basically made everyone poor except for themselves.

In essence, I believe that communism could be much better than capitalism if only it was embraced in its true form.
Unfortunately, there is not much freedom in those nations. It is really to bad, especially since people cannot access information that can really be important (although... myspace really isn't important :D).
Really, does the U.S. have any right to do anything about it? Honestly, I would consider them the dictator of the world if they keep it up.
I don't believe they are really being brainwashed, people will always be free to think what they want... even if they can't voice it.

I agree with you on the fact that historically the reason communism has failed is due to the leaders being corrupt and not fully embracing communism as it should be. Any form of government will eventually fall apart due to corruption. ( all though capitalism hides the corruption a lot better.)

I however do not agree that communism is the best form of government as your post seems to lead too. Yes it looks attractive on paper, but the inability to better your self seems to be a horrible way of life. If me and you are neighbors in a communist country, do you honestly think it's fair that you break your back every day providing the best medical care in town as a doctor, while I spend 6 less hours a day cutting yards for a living, yet at the end of the day we both make the same wage, live in the same terrible housing, drive similarly *BLEEP* vehicles, send our children to terribly over cramped schools and so on. It's just not a fair life style for the people who put in the extra effort in life over people who couldn't give a *BLEEP*. Not saying capitalism is the end all be all government, but giving someone at least a fighting chance to send their kids to a better school, drive a nicer car, live in a bigger house, eat at nice restaurants is definitely a better life, in my opinion.

...so heres my question.. is it really that bad in communist lands? and if it is, why the hell isnt the United states, doing anything? they are getting friggin brainwashed

This is wrong, bone chilling wrong. Please girl, leave these kind of thoughts.

Have to say that Communism may look good on paper and it does look after citizens and such, however there seems to be a lot of corruption and or mistreatment when it comes to countries being run under the scheme. For example, the old Soviet Union and its agressive policy of forcing views in "partner" countries which at times look liked being a part of the "eastern block" rather than being independant.To further add, being the same does seem to be a bit boring and there tends to be a lack of variety at various jobs if its people doing the same thing, at the same pay rate and such. Sure, the payrate should be the same if its people in the same rank but jobs higher up of course would be a higher payrate than the rank below.

so heres my question.. is it really that bad in communist lands? and if it is, why the hell isnt the United states, doing anything? they are getting friggin brainwashed

Would YOU like to pay for a war with China? After that little Tianamen Square incident, I don't think you'd be able to put any sort of reform through that country without a gun for a while. I'm gonna go with China's not communist. Read: I assert that China's not a communist country. It's the biggest capitalist I've ever seen. Production like crazy, mistreatment and low pay for workers, development of high-class services only in certain cities (Shanghai...), and practical dumping on goods combined with other economic maneuvers (e.g. giving a 0% interest loan to South Africa which was bombed by China's growing and cheap-as-dirt textile industry). That doesn't sound like rule by the proletariat to me. This sounds like early 19th century England to me.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with capitalist dictatorship. Laissez Faire Dictatorship where the country is the giant cartel of corporations.

I however do not agree that communism is the best form of government as your post seems to lead too. Yes it looks attractive on paper, but the inability to better your self seems to be a horrible way of life. If me and you are neighbors in a communist country, do you honestly think it's fair that you break your back every day providing the best medical care in town as a doctor, while I spend 6 less hours a day cutting yards for a living, yet at the end of the day we both make the same wage, live in the same terrible housing, drive similarly *BLEEP* vehicles, send our children to terribly over cramped schools and so on. It's just not a fair life style for the people who put in the extra effort in life over people who couldn't give a *BLEEP*.

I have no choice but to agree with you there. You are right. It is unfair that a doctor would make the same amount as a grass cutter. However, I want to point out that similar things are already happening. What I am referring to is that professional athletes, famous actors, etc. make far more than doctors. Now, you tell me, which is more important? Entertainment, or somebodies life? Indeed, it is quite twisted.

Finally, I'd like to note that the general point of communism is to eliminate classes. In essence, it ensures everyone is equal by creating a single class: the proletariat (working class). Now I'd like to note that even though it may seem unfair that a doctor would be payed the same as a yard cutter, you have to remember that when you make that statement, you are making it from a capitalist view point. In other words, since the ultimate goal of true communism is really to make all equal, and do all for the benefit of all in the society, the point is not how much you are payed, but that the combined work of everyone benefits everyone. You must look at it either from a neutral view-point and not a capitalist one. After all, if you look at it from a capitalist view-point what you see IS the need for more.

Would YOU like to pay for a war with China? After that little Tianamen Square incident, I don't think you'd be able to put any sort of reform through that country without a gun for a while. I'm gonna go with China's not communist. Read: I assert that China's not a communist country. It's the biggest capitalist I've ever seen. Production like crazy, mistreatment and low pay for workers, development of high-class services only in certain cities (Shanghai...), and practical dumping on goods combined with other economic maneuvers (e.g. giving a 0% interest loan to South Africa which was bombed by China's growing and cheap-as-dirt textile industry). That doesn't sound like rule by the proletariat to me. This sounds like early 19th century England to me.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with capitalist dictatorship. Laissez Faire Dictatorship where the country is the giant cartel of corporations.

I most definitely agree with you. China has really become a 'giant cartel of corporations'. It is indeed a capitalist dictatorship.

well America is famous for it's fear of communism, look at vietnam and the fact you cant go to north america if you've been to soutgh america easily.Communism is a good idea, unfortuantly it doesn't work, the troublewith people is that once you have power, you abuse it. Communism has an almost almighty ruler. This means the government can be corrupt. Still there are a lot of countries worse than China.Anyway Cmmunism isn't likely to take over America so i don't know why the Government is so worried.

well, the united states in no condition to go to another war, its already kinda in debt, and experiencing another depression, because everyone is freaking out about gas prices and house prices, you know? but then again China.. i see some wrong stuff with communism but have always heard in school, communism is bad, BLAH started war, this and that, so thats why i brought it up..

what worrys me is that, well a Communist Country has no freedom, pretty much, they cant rebel, experience anything that might cause a rebellion, any liberal toughts are blocked, and they arent allowed to own stuff, you know? since according to communism the goverment owns everything and splits it equally within their population, which is SO not true, they are poor in China..

Good thing you brought Africa up, ive always wondered why the communists didnt conquer Africa and claimed it Soviet land or something, since everyone is poor in africa [mainly] and i guess they would agree in a heart beat to unite with another country, who would promice to help them or something, or split up their wealth with them [communism]

u can never understand what the bad on the comunism is if u didn't experience it yourself...neither did i, but my parents did...to get rid of the differences between social classes is whole nonsense, cuz there would be no motivation to study, work and get better at what u're doing...i'm not saying capitalism is absolutely fair, but its better solution anyway...that's not what i wanted to talk about ...the worst thing on comunism is the lack of freedom, which has an influence in all the parts of life...one example: my grandparents openly said out they disagree with the things are happening, and thats the reason why they weren't allowed to study...people expressing their thoughts had many worse problems than just cant study,.. i think in china its still lasting even the economical system seems to be capitalism

;)

I'm doing my best effort so not to break the respect rules of the forums...

(Janice voice: Ohhh-Myyyyy-Gosh!)

The USA has been doing "something" for a century and a half. Remember Cuba, Nicaragua, Panama, Vietnam, Korea, Mexico, Argentina, Angola, Hawaii, Haiti, Philippines, Guatemala, Indonesia, El Salvador, Iran, Oman, Chile, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan. Any other country?

I hope they told you that at school too. Other way, you may find out de facto freedom of speech is far away from what capitalist class wants to teach you or what FOX shows you....

Communism is utopia. Basic idea of communism is: "Everyone contributes according to their capabilities, everyone gets everything they need". This doesn't mean everyone gets same wages for different amount of work. It means that everyone has everything they need, and everyone does his best to support the system that keeps everyone happy. If society is poor then those needs include food, health care and other basic staff like that, if society is rich, then you can expand those needs to vacations etc.The problem with this is that humans are selfish and lazy. Everyone would like to have everything they need, but few people like that doing their best part. Many communist countries fell apart because of those basic human characteristics. Of course there are problems with abuse of power and corruption of those in charge, but that is not the only problem. In order for real communism to exist both government and citizens need to be devoted to the idea 100%, and that is realistically impossible.