xisto Community
ivantoar

I Hate My Teacher! Even hes a teacher, he dont understand the school rules

This is some part of my school's rule about absency :

1. Bell rings at 6.50 AM

2. Student is late if he/she come at 7.00 AM or later

3. Student whom late cannot go into classroom and must stay at detention room untill next class begins

I'm sure I've learnt those rules carefully. And one day, I come after the bell rings. I checked my cellphone clock, it is 6.55. But when I step up the stairs to my class, a teacher call me and says that I am late! I already told him that I'm not late because it is still 6.55 AM (My cellphone clock is adjusted just the same as school's clock). He told me to go to detention centre, and of course I don't want to. So, I just say "excuse me sir, I can be really late if I'm still here" and proceed to go.

Guess what happened??? He says that I'm disrespecting me and I am banned from Economic class! How can I pass this year if I can't go to Economy class? So based in this true story, who's the one who don't know the rules? Is it really me or him????

Maybe your teacher just need to get a nice pair of glasses or/and adjust his watch. I think teachers should try their best to follow the school policy. If they do not, why should we? When 26 students disagree with the teacher, it often works out good. (At least here.) We all do mistakes, and so do they. Were there any others there that might help you in this case? Somebody that can back up your story? Try to get your teacher to understand, and maybe he will... be nicer, and let you back in his class.But I also hate such things. At my school some teachers are very weird; sometimes they follow their own watch, and sometimes the one that hangs at our classroom wall. How weird is that? They do like they want to. But we stand up against them. We can not be thrown out of any class, so the teacher can not do anything about it, but yet I understands you. If it is him or you, is hard to tell. As said; where there anyone else there that can back up your story? Of something like this happened in my class, people would yell out their opinion.

Thank you Bluebear, that's make my feeling nicer, anyway I'm going to talk with him and school headmaster. I just wish headmaster will listen to me and decide who's right and who's wrong.

Thank you Bluebear, that's make my feeling nicer, anyway I'm going to talk with him and school headmaster. I just wish headmaster will listen to me and decide who's right and who's wrong.

I think you need to rethink how you're looking at this situation. Firstly if you go head to head with a teacher via the headmaster on this issue chances are high you will loose. There is not a person who is in the right or a person who is in the wrong.

Your word versus his to what time it was that you got there is irrelevant as it's by his discretion. If he says to do something then it's your responsibility as a student to do that task, obviously unless it's some ridiculous request. However, him sending you out of the class seems hardly as a uncalled for request and you putting up a argument seems more then adequate enough reason to remove you from the class or seek further punishment. Once you started the argument you where no longer just late to the class but also disturbing the teaching process that may have started earlier if not due to your interruption.

You should have said "yes sir, I'm sorry I'm late" if you where late. If not then you should have done what he asked and then taken up with him later or with a school official above him.

Normally there is three sides to any story, His story, your story, and the real story. In my time in school ( which wasn't to long ago as I'm only 21 now ) I've come to realize that the teachers typically won't lie on a student. Yes it does happen sometimes, but I honestly don't see what this teacher would get out of saying you where five minutes later then you actually where. Rather one of your clocks was wrong or whatever there is no need for you to be the only one who comes in at that time and not expect some punishment for being tardy.

the second the thought above.Honesty, the headmaster's credibility and position will be taken into consideration.My advice is not to go head on against him.he is prolly doing his job,and is damn severe with it.So whether you are wrong or not, (which you are not)just bear with him and make sure on dont get in his blacklist.

Edited by hinata-chan (see edit history)

In schools... either teacher is right or student is wrong. :~)

Sticking to truths and defending your case... Headmaster wont side with you because he wouldnt want to get upset his co-worker for an annoying kid (his pov).

But I guess "you may be right, sir. But that punishment is severe." attitude can save you, ask for a 2nd chance. Then headmaster can side with you thinking "this is just a nice boy who got excited"

Well good to say this guys! I win this debate! My headmaster told my teacher to make a letter that he's sorry for me and promises to understand the rules better as he's a teacher. I just can smile when he's writting that letter.

Well all I can say is "Haha you have to go to school at 7am :D"No good for you, thats such a stupid rule. Do you have mentors/tutors, we do so it doesn't really matter if we're late!

Nah, I'm really not. Just think, young or old, if they're doing wrong, they need to say sorry if they make a mistake. Anyway, if you go to my country, there's a book about the teacher I told you. The writer is my senior. If you don't trust me, you can google for "Pesan dari murid untuk guru". That's the book's title. Only if you understand Bahasa Indonesia.

Here's some link to it :
http://multiply.com/ - My friend's blog, he's one school with me
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - My school's forum

Then with those link, I hope you take the words or your tought about calling me like that

Edited by ivantoar (see edit history)

i hate my teacher omg.I Hate My Teacher!

So let me tell you my teacher is so mean today at school she going to give me lunch detention when I aint do nothing becuse I slamed my book on my desk when you put your book on your desk it always makes a noise she is just like a devil she 25 figers shes young and stupid and today she know I hate this girl and these other three boys and she put me in a group with them just to get back at me she told me she said hope you could survive there for a month then I started to cry because she so mean to me then all my other friends got in the cool groups but not me and she has a loud voice ms.Thompison eww ugly to thats why I hate my teacher and there is more stuff to becomtinued????...

-reply by brione

My teacher think I lied to himI Hate My Teacher!

I hate my f****** teacher. He's f****** mad! I studied Science with the other class on 4th floor and my teacher let us out at 11 sharp. My school is 2ha big and my English class's on 2nd floor and the lesson start at 11 sharp. MY CLASS learned Science next to that English class. So it took them 5 second to move from room to the next room. It took me 5 minutes to WALK from 4th floor to 2nd floor so I was late. I steped in to my class and he started yelling at me 'WHY ARE YOU LATE? YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE HERE 5 MINUTES AGO!!" I was freaked out so I didn't say anything. My friends back me up 'She didn't study with us. She's with the other class' and he said 'Which class?' a girl replied 'Mr. Zigan's class' my teacher shut up for a while and went to his computer and said 'I'll emailed him'...I thought I was safe but NO. Last day of school was also 'REPORTGO HOME' day, I opened the first page and I saw his f****** comment saying that I need to arrived to class on time! DAMN IT , AND BTW THIS IS A REAL STORY...

-reply by Mischievera

It's totally not your fault. I have a teacher like that too. I HATE THEM. Try change teachers

I don't know what it's like here now it's been a good few years since I left school now, but their emphesis should be completely on your education.

I mean my father being a head of department at a teacher training faculty at a University, he had to retired due to physical health complaints, but he still works very part time, where he does the ob 1 or 2 jobs a year external verification for a few examining bodies still and invigulates for a few exams for local schools etc (probably why I myself love to work and becoming a tutor myself at a University once I pass my PGCHE Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education).

However when they do give you a telling off it's really for your own good to be brutally honest with you, when they tell you to do this, yes your encouraged to speak your mind but when it's required to do so.

I for one worked in a work place once where they where incredibly strict about timing, if I was 15 minutes late for work, which I did slip into a bad habbit with sleeping etc, which I have now sorted out I am glad to say.

All the excuses in the world, complaining etc will simply not work, the best way is to bite your tounge (can fully appreciate your troubles though on a sympathy angle), but to them all they will say is make better effort to get their much earlier, do everything in your power, to be honest there's not many excuses you can make, all they will say is get up earlier.

This is of a different angle, there was a topic (was not using my analytical brain at this point to be really honest), there was a bullet point I was not sure about with a lecture a tutor was giving and I missed the lecture for, through no fault of my own. I asked the guy (a Dr John Elliot a PhD Docter Artificial Intelligence & computer science) and all he told me when I asked him, was pointing at an angle towards the main building at the University all he said was, what is that? The library I answered.

He then said just simply go there and read up on it. No excuses that's all they simply don't usually have the time to go through small things like that.

They're not stupid (or at least should not be stupid), they know if you're mucking up and if you're being a model worker.

Hope that helps
Edited by Jez (see edit history)