xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For almost every abortion... there is a couple who can't concieve.
Seems weird doesn't it.... Some are able... but they don't want. Some can't ...but THEY WANT.

Why God has planned such - i simply don't know. But i'm not questioning him either. Getting over such days is hard enough.

i am one of those couples who cant concieve, although i have a gorgeous daughter who is one she was a miracle, i have never been career minded, i always wanted my family but at 18 i was told i was infertile and would never have kids and was even considering a hysterectomy, then just before i fell pregnant with my daughter i had 6 miscarriages in a year and was told i would never carry to term which destroyed me and just as i was going for hysterectomy i found out i was pregnant with courtney
she is now here but is disabled.

I am against abortions within reason ie rape etc but one of my old friends goes out most weekends and sleeps with most guys she meets she has now had 4 abortions just because she didnt use contraception.

this is all im going to say on the matter and might not come back to the post as everyone has and is enititled to thier opinion but i find it heart wrenching when people just say oh well thats life and i think that its up to the person especially if they dont think they can handle a child, well if thats the case why didnt they use protection in the 1st place.

i gotz nothin gainst abortion, i mean should you really keep the child when you cannot afford to or dont even want to, the kid'll be burden and a mistake and eventually it'll affect the child

First lets set aside religion coz if we dont then are answer will not be rational but more on fate which is horrifying in the end.There is no really exact answer for this kind of question becuase there are things to consider. Like for example a girl was raped and got pregnant. How would you say to the girl that she is pregnant and the father is the rapist? In most cases the chiled will be a reminder of what happened to her. Instead of forgetting the past the girl will be forced to remember upon seeing her child. THe child will remind her of the past. Second, medical condition. What if while you the mother is pregnant and then the doctor said that the child that will be born soon will have defect and cannot be cured becuase its a genetic defect and the condition will be a burden to the parent and to the child also. Nobody wants to expereince such a thing. Also, at waht period it should be considered abortion. If abortion means, killing the fetus then it can only be considered an abortion if the pregnancy reaches the fetal period.

A woman has to have a choice at what she wants to with her body. The fetus would not survive without the mother. So I think fetus should be considered as a part of the mother. Not a separate living being. Always the mother's life should be more important than the fetuses. And nobody should question a person's authority on his/her own body.

I'm undecided on abortion, I used to be pro-choice when I first learned what abortion was, now I lean more pro-life. A mother, especially one that was raped, shouldn't have to provide for a kid she doesn't want, but for the first nine months, she's the only one that can, and the fetus shouldn't have to die because the woman doesn't want it. I think there are a lot of people on both sides who don't really take the time to truly consider the other point of view.

I am against abortion. I have a couple of reasons for it to. For one thing it goes against alot of religions. I also feel that it is murder. I think that a baby is a living thing. My reason behind that is this. Look at what will happen if the baby does not get food it dies. And for something to be able to die it had to be alive at one point. But even though It may be wrong. People are always going to find ways to get them. Even if they make a law saying that it is illegal.

Edited by kery (see edit history)

Well it higly depends how you look at the things if you are watching from personal perspective then I am for because I think that if person that is couple doesn't want chiild they shouldn't have it because they want care about it in the right way or they might just be too younge to take care about it and just not ready. And this would increase the number of children in dormitories and other things which in fact is bad on one hand because they don't recieve proper care from their caretakers there.On the other hand if you watchfrom the government point of view where they have problems with the natality and overall decrease in population then iin my very personal oppinio I think that people and such government should make abortions illegal this has its own uses and good and wrong things. Several facts are ture like there would be illegal market and girls will go to abortions to the garage centeres and they will not recieve proper care. And on the other thing this would stop all those perents who have second thoughts about child and they would have it also if you check, the dormitory status and other things then it is obvious that such government should increase its fundings in such funds and programmes to protect such children provide them with good education and so on. I think that this would increase overral population and might produce even good citizens.

i am completely against abortion. if you are mature enough to open your legs then be mature enough to think about that persons life. there are other things you can do like adoption. other people want babies but cant have them so give them a miracle. think of others other then yourself dont be self centered think of whats best for your kid!

I am personally for it. I do believe you should be a lot more responsible though, as a condom might not always workWhen it comes to cases of lets say a 15 year old girl getting raped and she gets pregnant..I dont think the girl has to go through the experience of raising a child that was also created by rape. The girl getting an abortion is perfectly understandable to me.

Having been through the process, I know that I would never want to do it again, but I remain pro-choice.

I grew up Catholic, so I've always been told that sex is bad, but you can't use any contraceptives if you do have sex because as Monty Python sings, "Every sperm is sacred." Abortion is definitely a sin within the Church, and you can't do anything to prevent conception, like getting your tubes tied or a vasectomy.

My cousin recently visited from the Philippines where Catholic beliefs are imbedded in the culture and social mores. (read as mo*rays - meaning social standards and norms) It is against the law to have an abortion, the pill is only found on the black market, and condoms are not readily available. The birth rate is high, economic resources are low, and many people have a daily struggle just to put food on the table. My cousin could list at least 5 people she personally knows who had gotten married due to an unplanned pregnancy within as many years. Most of these "get married before the baby pops out" weddings have ended up in divorce, which is hard on a child no matter how agreeable and friendly the divorce ends. My aunt was shamefully driven out of my grandma's house because she got pregnant by a married man, and divorce was just as uncommon as abortions in those days.

I was young and naive and thought that it could never happen to me because I was on the pill and we did things safely. I went through the process because the father said that he wouldn't be there to support me and I would have to go it on my own. I wasn't ready for that responsibility. Yes, it was selfish, and I've had to live with that decision and bear the burden of the Catholic guilt that persists in haunting me despite the fact that I no longer practice Catholicism. Is my life better because I didn't have a child? Yes and no. I've had opportunities and lived a life that I wouldn't have been able to do with a child, but I've also missed out on the joy of seeing my child grow up and all the pain and depression of coming to terms with my decision. Not a day goes by that I don't think of what my life would have been like. But I would not begrudge another person the ability to make that choice. I would much rather see a girl getting an abortion than having her baby at the prom and trying to flush it down the toilet or marrying an abusive man or leaving the baby home alone while she goes out partying because she's not ready to be an adult.

if you are mature enough to open your legs then be mature enough to think about that persons life. there are other things you can do like adoption. other people want babies but cant have them so give them a miracle. think of others other then yourself dont be self centered think of whats best for your kid!

This is a completely sexist thing to say. 1)Understand that it takes TWO people to make a baby, and girls are sometimes forced by men into situations where they become pregnant. 2)There are tons of children in foster care that have yet to be placed in a home because the process is so lengthy and difficult. It's a good thing that the process is so hard because it makes it more difficult for people like pedophiles and abusive people to become parents, but it also means that less children get adopted because less people are approved to be parents. Even though the foster care system is better than an orphanage, it's still horribly detrimental to the children in the system. 3)Some of the women who have abortions are thinking of their child's future and what kind of life that child will have to live if she brings it to term. Yeah, there are a lot of women who do it simply because they're not done growing up and still want to party, but that doesn't mean that we should take away the right of women who are making a consciencious decision to have an abortion.

i'm going to keep my answer short and sweet (maybe not sweet...)

abortion is wrong. it's nothing more than killing a child.

to me, anyone that gets an abortion is a baby killer.

but what about if she was raped?

then love that child as much as you can. i know people that have done it.

and if you just can't look at that child without remembering what happened to you,

it's called adoption. people will take care of your child for you. no matter what's wrong with him/her.

abortion is wrong. it's nothing more than killing a child.to me, anyone that gets an abortion is a baby killer.

Now, I myself am against abortion. Not because I see it as wrong, takotsu has a pretty harsh opinion- I just think it makes people lazy. Agreeably, if a woman is raped- then by all means abortion is acceptable. If an 11 year gets pregnant, I think abortion should be forced! But people these days are using it instead of contraception.
We have all these tools; coils, condoms, the pill. But people still become pregnant because they weren't thinking. Giving children away for adoption is much more humane, and cheaper from the parents perspective.

Alright, I realize some here feel pretty strongly about abortion because they consider it a woman's "right"... But I have always thought that at the least, both sides, and anybody in general, should be able to agree that something called Partial Birth Abortion is wrong. Here in Illinois, this practice is especially visible. Barack Obama, an Illinois senator, has continually voted against bills that would have stopped it, and has refused to explain why, answering only "God will judge me." Nurse Jill Stanek is also in Illinois and there are some 7 or so hospitals in the Chicago area that practice this method of abortion. So what is it?Partial birth abortion involves removing the baby from the womb but leaving the head inside by basically cutting it off. However, it can result in live births, some of which even survive if cared for. Jill Stanek had babies die in her arms because of this horrendous practice because hospital staff refused to care for them. In fact, under the law, babies delivered alive through such botched procedures could legally be left to die alive on hospital beds through starvation and dehydration. Several laws against it were attempted to be passed but Clinton kept vetoing them.Then in 2003, Bush signed into law a bill finally outlawing the practice. However, not until April of 2007 did it become enforced because Attorney General Gonzalez and others continued to challenge it as unconstitutional and made it go through a lengthy court process. The courts finally upheld it as constitutional in a 5-4 decision, Gonzalez v. Carhart.What is amazing is that after the decision, a public opinion poll found only 56% supported the ban while 32% remain opposed. I personally can not understand the thinking of abortionists who not only support killing unborn children but live children as well.I wonder if it is this mindset that results in women killing their children in bathtubs or hanging them, cases of which have been in the news quite a bit over the last few years. Is it coincidence that women seem to be killing their grown children more prevalently even as more time passes since Roe v. Wade and the legalization of abortion?I guess what I'm asking is, is it really a question of is it moral so much as a question of whether many Americans have become so selfish that they care more about their "rights" than what happens to their fellow human beings?

I think that the issue is a moot point now, since it would be political suicide to make abortion illegal now. Not to mention the fact that it will most likely not be enforced. Kinda like the whole "prayer in schools" thing, people know it's against the law, but they still do it. It's only a rare case that gets taken to court these days. Sure, you could close down the clinics and impose fines on doctors and other people who perform abortions, but women found ways around that before abortion was legalized within the US. The means were often much cruder, less healthy and often dangerous, but effective.

What you must remember about the US Constitution and the law-making process is that it emphasizes a separation of church and state. Religious code should have no place in the creation or regulation of laws regarding any government entity. Obviously, this is hardly the case as we've got "In God We Trust" emblazoned on our currency, but the fact remains that our Congress and Legislative body should be governed by reason in their decision-making process.

If abortion is, therefore, to be considered a crime, we must decide where or, more accurately, when life begins to determine when the rights of the child have been violated. As of this moment, the Supreme Court has determined that a fetus that can survive outside of it's mother's womb, known as the point of viability, is a living being. After this point, roughly anytime after the second trimester, it is illegal in most states to perform an abortion. The hazy part is that second trimester where babies could or could not survive on their own, depending on the level of development. Some women are unsure about the conception date and may be further ahead than expected. Or something could cause the fetus to develop more slowly than usual. The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban now makes it illegal to perform Intact Dilation and Extraction on a live fetus, but there are other procedures available for late-term abortions. There are claims from pro-life advocates that say nurse observed a fetus moving as it was taken from the womb. There are also claims from pro-choice advocates that say a doctor or nurse observed several procedures and there was no sign of life at all. Again, this is because of the gray area during that second trimester when a fetus' viability is questionable.

I think that Roe v. Wade can hardly be to blame for the recent coverage of infanticide. The fact remains that women had abortions before Roe v. Wade, they simply weren't publicized. There was a time when a person's private life was private, but the media has torn down that wall and will report anything that sells.

I applaud Obama's statement, since he reminds us all of John's Gospel when Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." We are all sinners, but it is not our place to judge or fellow humans for the sins they have committed. Judgement belongs to God alone.

Well, I don't know so much that I can make a solid stand one way or another, but I think it should be allowed until the babay has reached the point where the death of the mother would be considered a double homicide.