xisto Community
Misanthrope

Server Issues? Web Site Down? Cpanel Access? Server Migration issues to report.

Alright, cool, thank you, I was hoping it wasn't something I did because I don't know how to fix that stuff. Thank you very much for your reply and I will update in a couple days if it isn't fixed by then :lol:

So yesterday i got my domain or hosting name. It told me to go to /cpanel to access it. It takes me to the frontend cpanel and doesn't load. Was very excited to get me website up. Well, if any staff you help me or tell me how to resolve this or why this is happening please do so.Thank you Xisto for your hosting. You guys are awesome, just need a little help on this.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged with related Topics here.

I'll try to keep you updated as my own free web hosting is down.

Thanks for the update BH, we appreciate whatever morsels of information you can send our way. It's 9:01 pacific time and my free account is still down as well. No access from cpanel, and no answer from xisto, either. I'm afraid this has gone far beyond simple inconvenience....

Seems that the Cpanel Server is having an issue from the Server Migration (move) today. Keep trying to access Cpanel at hourly intervals is about all we can suggest for the time being.

Well, I've been waiting for about 24 hours now... three of my sites went down around this time yesterday. I figured by now things would be working again, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Is there something that I'm missing? I got the email since I'm also a paying customer (interesting how the three paid sites of mine went down, but the free site of mine stayed up lol...). The email mentioned about how things would be down for 5-6 hours, possibly up to 24 hours, so I was hoping that it would have all resolved by now. I see the list of ip's mentioned above, am I supposed to be doing something on my end with them? Or will things just work out fine on their own? I'm not sure if I need to change something to get it working, or if it only needs more time to work itself out. I'm not on a virtual private server, so I am under the impression that I don't need to do anything but wait. I'm just hoping to confirm that.Anyway, let me know what you can :lol: Thanks!EDIT: it appears that my free Xisto hosted site is also down now... and from my statcounter, it seems to have been down for about the past 1.5 hours. It was up and running fine prior to that as my others were down lol...

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)

I was also hoping that service would be usual when I returned this morning...but I'm afraid not.

I was up until 3am EST (GMT-5) and ns2.comptinghost finally resolved to new IP. At 6am EST other servers were coming on line--check with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Free web hosting accounts are under the server named GAMMA. As I can see at the moment it's is completely off-line. Reason why the server might not be fully operational is to protect any interference while transferring data to new place.

I will check back later.

There has been a change now (for me anyway).Yesterday I could still access my site, today I can't.Still no chance of accessing my Trap 17 CPanel, no email.I wonder what the regular visitors to my site will think.In a ticket I raised, Xisto asked me to give them my domain, and they would get in touch giving me all the IP address details.Hopefully it does not take as long as their previous replies.

I believe the change has gone through just as well. But with any change in World Wide Web, we must wait until the change propagates through and through.When an important change such as moving servers occurs not only new IP has to be resolved, but all other servers connecting to new server must be resolved as well. This includes your ISP provider to update "short-cut" to our new servers.All we can do now is just wait...I'm afraid. There's nothing that can expedite the process :lol:PS for all those who are using name server with IP address, please double check your IP for ns2.computinghost.com. It has been changed. For those who are just using "ns2.computinghost.com" you need not worry.

Ah! My website was online just this morning and noon (GMT +10, no daylight savings, standard east-coast Australian Time) and now I can't access it, nor can I access cPanel or any part of it!According to Xisto's Network Status page, the server that I'm on (Gamma Server) is still be "transfered" to the new datacentre, even though Apache is offline, I can still upload files to it, but according to it, THERE IS NO INTERNET CONNECTION! I just hope that no data will be lost during this transfer, and also that they may have more uptime after the transfer... Never again should there be more than 12 hours of downtime for any Web-Hosting provider, heck, I thought Xisto and/or Xisto - Web Hosting was going to shutdown after I couldn't access any of the main servers that I can remember from the top of my head :lol:EDIT: Now, 24 hours downtime :)...

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)

Ah! My website was online just this morning and noon (GMT +10, no daylight savings, standard east-coast Australian Time) and now I can't access it, nor can I access cPanel or any part of it!
According to Xisto's Network Status page, the server that I'm on (Gamma Server) is still be "transfered" to the new datacentre, even though Apache is offline, I can still upload files to it, but according to it, THERE IS NO INTERNET CONNECTION!

I just hope that no data will be lost during this transfer, and also that they may have more uptime after the transfer... Never again should there be more than 12 hours of downtime for any Web-Hosting provider, heck, I thought Xisto and/or Xisto - Web Hosting was going to shutdown after I couldn't access any of the main servers that I can remember from the top of my head :lol:

yeah well my site and cpanel are still down its well past 24hrs now

It appears that I am affected as well. Can't access neither my website (not much there anyway) nor my cpanel. Must be my bad luck, today I was finally in a mood to put some work into my site, and its down.

The funny thing is:I cannot access my site, my Cpanel nor my domain email.However, when I use Filezilla my files load immediately as normal.I have not tried to upload anything, though.Too risky and no point uploading anything I cannot check out.