xisto Community
Misanthrope

Server Issues? Web Site Down? Cpanel Access? Server Migration issues to report.

Misanthrope I believe your really twisting the words around and making xisto look incompetent,

LOL. Quoting member statements is accepted and standard protocol in any forum environment that I'm aware of. If you're suggesting I refrain from quoting xisto staff because it might make an entire corporate entity appear "incompetent," than you are assigning superhuman, godlike qualities to the Enlightened Misanthrope that might just result in her tickled funny bone, and further descents into interactions with you, just for the sheer entertainment value! Some of us aren't particularly concerned with placating perceived power structures, present company excluded - of course. That's your cue to jump back on that chivalrous steed, regroup with fellow conspirators, and return with an even funnier comeback. Truth be told, any incompetence demonstrated by said corporation needs no intervention on my part to be painfully obvious to all but the most casual observer. Still, I thank you for the unintended compliment.

So wait it out like everyone else is with patience, and remembering the world isn't perfect or there would be only one hosting company making billions

If you'd spend more time actually reading content than looking for ways to score brownie points with xisto, you might actually learn something. - St. Michael. Had you read xisto's statement wherein they state they knew they were going to migrate their servers due to repeated outages, you wouldn't be making excuses. This was not a complete surprise to them, else they wouldn't have bothered to notify select end users. I don't care if they have one thousand or one million users, and apparently I need to say this again for you, and you alone: All hosted members should have been notified BEFORE all of this went down. Someone screwed up bad over there, and they need to acknowledge it.

I certainly feel that we should have been notified of this process at least a day before. That would have allowed us to setup some sort of backup plan. My shareware softwares have been rendered useless because they require access to my site for eavaluation purposes.

Okay I see a lot of chaos all around and my site zoebelkin.co.cc is still down. Everything including FTP, CPanel etc are down. My site is on the gamma server. I see that all the servers are moved around a lot and the IP also changing. So what is the new IP set for 'gamma'. When doing a reverse check on gamma I see it is still assigned to it's previous IP but when I'm trying to access the previous IP's port 80 then I get a Server not found errer. Also the gamma.xisto.com name for the server fails to open the default Apache page whichg it used to give. So cvould any one tell me if the IP of gamma has either changed or not. I want the IP cause my domain is based on Zone Records & I need the IP for my A record.Please reply soon. Any one help me please! I'm desperate top solve the prob::

Thanks for taking your time to informing us of the matter, here in the Support Forum for all Xisto accounts. It's a bit late, but thanks a lot, it is some consolation to finally know whats going on with the servers. As some say above, it would have been more appreciated if this memo had been posted here in Xisto before the whole migration started. Yes we know that emailing everyone would have been a great hassle, but that was not necessary... a single thread stating what was going to happen would have done the job because everyone hosted here would have come back here to find out... I know I did.

Even if it was an emergency, someone could have and should have taken three minutes of their valuable time to post something up on the Alerts and Notices forum to make people aware their service was going to be interrupted. It's called basic common decency, communication, and good business. And everyone who keeps calling this service "free", stop! There's no free lunch, and there's no free hosting. If it was free, I wouldn't be sitting here in front of my laptop responding to Mike.

LOL. Quoting member statements is accepted and standard protocol in any forum environment that I'm aware of. If you're suggesting I refrain from quoting xisto staff because it might make an entire corporate entity appear "incompetent," than you are assigning superhuman, godlike qualities to the Enlightened Misanthrope that might just result in her tickled funny bone, and further descents into interactions with you, just for the sheer entertainment value! Some of us aren't particularly concerned with placating perceived power structures, present company excluded - of course. That's your cue to jump back on that chivalrous steed, regroup with fellow conspirators, and return with an even funnier comeback. Truth be told, any incompetence demonstrated by said corporation needs no intervention on my part to be painfully obvious to all but the most casual observer. Still, I thank you for the unintended compliment.

If you'd spend more time actually reading content than looking for ways to score brownie points with xisto, you might actually learn something. - St. Michael. Had you read xisto's statement wherein they state they knew they were going to migrate their servers due to repeated outages, you wouldn't be making excuses. This was not a complete surprise to them, else they wouldn't have bothered to notify select end users. I don't care if they have one thousand or one million users, and apparently I need to say this again for you, and you alone: All hosted members should have been notified BEFORE all of this went down. Someone screwed up bad over there, and they need to acknowledge it.

I certainly feel that we should have been notified of this process at least a day before. That would have allowed us to setup some sort of backup plan. My shareware softwares have been rendered useless because they require access to my site for eavaluation purposes.

Okay I see a lot of chaos all around and my site zoebelkin.co.cc is still down. Everything including FTP, CPanel etc are down. My site is on the gamma server. I see that all the servers are moved around a lot and the IP also changing. So what is the new IP set for 'gamma'. When doing a reverse check on gamma I see it is still assigned to it's previous IP but when I'm trying to access the previous IP's port 80 then I get a Server not found errer. Also the gamma.xisto.com name for the server fails to open the default Apache page whichg it used to give. So cvould any one tell me if the IP of gamma has either changed or not. I want the IP cause my domain is based on Zone Records & I need the IP for my A record.

Please reply soon. Any one help me please! I'm desperate top solve the prob::

I wrote the post so that all of the members could understand the situation, we expected members to support us positively. We at Xisto understand that your site needs to be up 24x7, we know that your sites are very important to all of you even if others don't understand it. I know it is very confusing to not find the news in the Alert section like it is always done. OpaQue was the one who had set up the news a day prior to the shift hoping that members might check the News section if it was not present on the forum.. I am sure you can forgive OpaQue for not submitting the topic in the Alerts section :lol:

Now, as members do not read posts nor do they need news below are bullet points for simpler and easier assimilation :-

1. There was no time to put up the topic. Period .

2. We knew that Xisto - Web Hosting paid clients would view the Xisto - Support page after receiving their emails.... I am sorry if they are "elusive"

3. We merely expected the members to view the news section when they saw their sites were not working. The forum was down when the shift had begun, If I or OpaQue were expected to put up a topic on a website that was down... I am sorry that we failed to do so. We never knew that the forum was up because the only pages open on our computers were the server Cpanels and billing records of clients who were calling up or sending emails.

4. By the time we realized that the forum was up, we were already too deep into configuring the network.

5. OpaQue had no time to reply to topics in detail.

6. No one called it "free" you post for your hosting.

7. For the last time, you will be updated when the issue is solved. Till then stay away from your Cpanels and be patient.

8. Yes, delays cause problems but this was not at all expected so please be a bit patient.

This was not a complete surprise to them, else they wouldn't have bothered to notify select end users. I don't care if they have one thousand or one million users, and apparently I need to say this again for you, and you alone: All hosted members should have been notified BEFORE all of this went down. Someone screwed up bad over there, and they need to acknowledge it

1. We knew it was coming but we never knew that it would happen so suddenly.

2. No one screwed up bad over here, you can confirm this with OpaQue.. He would know better. Unless you have a suspect and enough proof :)

Now, this topic will be closed because the author had asked for the reason of the downtime and the question has been answered. You are all free to open a new topic asking for the time when your sites would be online

Members are free to send their opinions, doubts, complaints via email to our support system (Xisto - Support com)