xisto Community
Forbez

Windows Seven

Well, a new Windows has been announced. This is going to be the one after Vista. The name Windows Seven is only a codename for it as it has not yet been decided upon a name for this new operating system.

A screenshot of Windows 7 Milestone 1 Build 6519:

Posted Image

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

This windows definitely be better then Windows Vista.

What are your guys views on this? What features do you want to see added to Windows 7 or removed from Vista.

Yeah I been keeping a somewhat loose tabs on Windows 7, and I have to say that I am quite unsure of why they would be releasing this so early. As a few reports speculated that is going to be release next year instead of 2010 and I have to say what are thinking, but I came across this one website about a Windows 7 FAQ and it has some interesting stuff. First windows 7 is going to be a update and not a major release, so maybe that is why the above screen still looks like vista. Next Internet Explorer 8 will be coming with this update and so either IE8 will be on a final release sometime next year or they will be releasing it sometime this year as I mentioned in a earlier post. Of course in this new version of IE it could possibly have that ribbon interface like office 2007 has because that crew will be working on that IE, I pray they don't do that to IE8.Of course this site made mention that the searching for files will be easier, windows more secured, blah blah blah. OF course it is funny to mention that some people within Microsoft have dubbed Vista as the new ME, so that tells you a lot about how Vista is a bust, especially at the corporate level. Feel sorry for the suckers who dropped $400 for vista ultimate ^_^.

I do have to say, that whatever their next operating system is, it had better be amazing, because apple is gaining some ground and if Microsoft doesn't make a good Operating System soon then they will be heading for a downward spiral to the place that is currently reserved for macs. I honestly don't have too big of a problem with this, because then game makers will start programming for other OSes like Mac and linux and I won't be stranded on windows anymore.

I guess Microsoft has some cheap developers working on the Vista team. Its a Crappy software. and as if that wasn't enough they are going to release an update called Windows 7 :lol:. Which would probably be having fixes for some of the most annoying bugs in Vista and at the same time would introduce some more (new and improved) bugs :)

I think they should wipe out Vista and start from Scratch ;)

@Saint Michael , thanx for sharing the info m8 and IE8 beta has been released. I have it installed on my Office comp. And I believe nothing is going to change in that and microsoft guys are going to release it as it is with the final release of Windows 7.

check it out if you want too
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

I think its worse than IE 7.

P.S. I don't use IE. I like Firefox ;)

I guess Microsoft has some cheap developers working on the Vista team. Its a Crappy software. and as if that wasn't enough they are going to release an update called Windows 7 :). Which would probably be having fixes for some of the most annoying bugs in Vista and at the same time would introduce some more (new and improved) bugs ;)
I think they should wipe out Vista and start from Scratch ;)

@Saint Michael , thanx for sharing the info m8 and IE8 beta has been released. I have it installed on my Office comp. And I believe nothing is going to change in that and microsoft guys are going to release it as it is with the final release of Windows 7.

check it out if you want too
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

I think its worse than IE 7.
P.S. I don't use IE. I like Firefox :D

Yeah... I think Firefox is better than IE 8 dude...

Oh... BTW, I hear that Windows Seven needs only 33 MB Space! My question is... "Is the information that I heard is right???"

thanks... :lol:

Windows Vista is a disaster. So if Windows 7 is just going to be an "upgrade" of Vista, I don't see the point of it to be honest. With what I'm hearing, I'm not surprised Apple is gaining a market share, and even I find myself yearning to leave Windows entirely behind.Here's hoping Microsoft manage to steer themself back on track and actually make a decent OS. The kind that Windows XP *almost* was. XP is the only good step Windows has taken in it's life - so sleek, so intuitive, and so simple! I hope they learn from their mistakes and give us something that will give even XP a run for its money.

I really can't stop wondering why would M$ announce new version of wintendo, when VIsta isn't properly introduced to the market... I can only guess that it has something with terrible response from the corporate customers of M$... I mean, which company wants to invest millions of dollars into new computers and OS, when that OS simply doesn't do the job, plus, you can get much much cheaper OS, that works with your current equipment...I can't say that I'm sad about M$ loosing market share, but I'm not so sure about them loosing big time... They still have a lot of grip in the home area, and in corporations... It will take Apple a lot of time to get where M$ is...Sadly for the software community, M$ keeps developing bad software, with a lot of holes in it... And I understand why - they are pressing their developers for time, and, as a developer, I know that speedy programming is bad programming, especially if you can't have proper debug phase, beta tests, and quality assurance...And, as I said about Longhorn (now known as VIsta), it's going to be nothing spectacular, just another crappy OS from M$, that's not worth the money...

(Argh... why all the M$ stuff? Why not just call it Microsoft like everyone else does?)Anyway, I can't say I'll like Windows 7. It all went down from Windows XP.(On a related note, my next comic strip is going to be about operating systems. I need people's opinions on whether specific operating systems are better or worse than Windows 2000, which I'm using as a benchmark.)

Windows 7 is going to be a disappointment.Not because it will be a bad OS, quite the opposite itll be a gr8 one. but unfortunately there are some problem. Windows Vista was supposed to be huge. Problems arose and they rebooted the project. So even tho the gap between XP and Vista is 5 yrs, the vista we have has been worked on for abt 2yrs. And because of this Vista is buggy. Windows 7 is based on the Vista code. So Windows 7 is going to be Vista done right. People expect Windows 7 to be some revolutionary OS, but it will just be a minor upgrade from Vista. Not much will be new but it'll be stable.Microsoft is working on another interesting OS based on Singularity called Microsoft Midori. Its still a top-secret project, but it'll be different from the current windows code. So we can hope for innovation there.

I think they should definately streamline some of the the software - lots of people were dissapointed about the way it used up so much of the computers resources without even running other software. Also, beter security, and user managementsoftware would be good- you can download free stuff, but it would be beter built in.

I just hope Windows 7 has alot more potish then Vista does. Some Vista's features are better then Xp's such as the increased program compatibility with old games before XP and easier to manage the desktop and other small things like that. But if it is an update rather then an entirly new OS, it should have tons of fixs and tweaks for all the annoying errors and problems that Vista is filled with.I am personally hoping for:Less emphasis on the "prettyness" of the desktopLess Crapware that come preloaded on new computers packing itBetter Web Browser, IE sucks compared to FireFox and SafariAnd better file management software ;)

Sure, having a great-looking desktop is a great way to present your computer to friends or at conventions and stuff... But I prefer just a basic GUI...Not the Windows 95 GUI but more like Windows XP Media Centre Edition (MCE) with the official "Royal Theme" on it... That was a great theme...But anyway... The GUI doesn't have to be the most important part of an operating system... I mean take a look at command-line Unix as an example, probably THE most basic GUI ever, and so many web servers still use it these days!All I need for a GUI is a "Start Button" with the "My Documents", "My Music", "My Videos", "My Pictures", etc, and then with the "Control Panel" and "Search" and that, and with a Recently opened Programs and a "All Programs" thing... With it, all the default stuff... Then moving on, the "Quick-Launch" Panel (Not sure if it is actually called that, its the place right of the start button)... With cftmon.exe and the Language button, then the windows tray...Command Prompt is a must and maybe the Ultimate/Business/Enterprise versions should also have the Windows SDK and DirectX SDK...DirectX10 is a must and should (like Windows Vista) scale its RAM usage and stuff like that to match your computer, and it should not have a huge amount of processes running, just one for the Kernel, one for GUI, one for Aero, one for Sidebar, and stuff, and that should be it! There is not need having maybe six or seven "svhost.exe"'s when they can probably make it into one file for easier management and take all the unecessary stuff out of it...They need to work on security issues FIRST, and then onto how fast it is going to be and that and last of all GUI and other luxuries and eye-candy...