xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

Can Anyone Help Me With My Graphic Card - 8600 Gt [resolved] temperature problem :D

Hi,
My system specs are as follows:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz Motherboard: nVidia 650i Ultra
RAM : 2 GB
GfxCard : XFX 8600 GT (512 MB)

Problem is all of my nVidia component are now managed by a single Control panel - nVidia Control panel and it doesn't show any tab for graphic's card temperature.

I want to know the temperature of my graphics card. does any body know any software for this ?? or at least a work around ?

thanks ^_^

what window system do you have is it xp or vesta cause vista has a download for it. you may be able to go to nvidia and downloas it also. Some times its on the cd that your grapics caed came with. You may also have to go into your bios to veiw it also.

OOH interesting bit of information magic thanks, and for a link to that control panel is here, I recommend doing the automatic searching that way you can find the appropriate driver update. After you install, restart your computer, nvidia control panel will be in your task bar, and then all you have to do is click on it and there is your control panel.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

:lol:WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONALThanks Saint Michael :)but i am already running the latest version of the Graphics Drivers. Problem is , but I can't find any option for the graphics card's temperature monitor.the Nvidia control panel shows a temperature option , but thats for the CPU coresI think I would need a separate software to monitor that.@ Magic I am running Win XP. and I am not lame. May be you didn't understand the question. Please don't post just for the sake of posting.

Temp monitor.

Can Anyone Help Me With My Graphic Card - 8600 Gt

Replying to bluedragon

If you have nvidias latest drivers and control panel (169.21forceware is setup file from nvidia), under 3D settings tab is Monitor Temperature settings tab. Open monitor temp sets. If you haven't done this before it will prompt you to d/l nvidias nTune software. D/l it and install. NTune creates a Performance tab in nVidia control panel. Under performance tab is Launch NVMonitor. Launch NVMonitor. This panel has a button in the lower right corner. Click that button and the panel doubles in size. The second half contains CPU and GPU temps (maybe not cpu if you don't have nvidia motherboard) and fan RPMs.

-reply by hy_def

Well I finally found the nTune software by itself, and I would download it and install and see if it picks up anything. It is funny that I didn't try to google this the first time I posted :lol:, well here is the link and enjoy.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

Yea for overclocking and checking your fan speeds as well as the core's GPU temperature definetly use N-tune, it wont let you down. O and btw dont overclock your GPU unless you know exactly what you're doing, also make sure you have optimal airflow.

Thanks Saint Michael.. That works..I can finally figure out the temperature for my GfxCard :)and savge17, I know wat overclocking is .. and since i don't have proper cooling for my system yet i wont do it thanks :lol:

glad you got that figured out...if you ever want to test overclocking that card try atitool. It also will give you some temps. I have an MSI 8600GT and put a zalman heatsink on it...makes a whole lotta difference....good luck

ha ha ha .. LOL..

First, Ntune is sufficient for overclocking

Second , I recently switched to Vista and i don't think atitool is supported on that :D

NEways thanks

Well I found out the hard way, but becareful with Ntune, because my laptop gfx card crapped out on me, but I doubt it was really Ntune and just the fact I abuse the hell out of it :D. Of course, I was told my a tech person that Ntunes screws around with the drivers and if it does, you want to uninstall ntunes and replace the drivers and what not.

Well Ntune is not designed for just a specific card. So it gives you a whole lot of control over how much and what all you can overclock.In my case, Since both my Card and Motherboad are Nvidia based, I can overclock my processor, Ram or Graphics card from the Ntune utility :)I won't try it , since I need to set up a proper cooling solution for it first. And hey Saint Michael ;), Ntune does screw up bad. I found it the hard way too ..Once my FX 5200 was burnt and i couldn't even get it replaced since the card was out of warranty ;)