xisto Community
MSTR

Google Toolbar

I know they do use them for the ads, but I heard that they still monitor some accounts at random by just looking through emails, thats what really wories me, not that I have anything too sensitive in my inbox anyway... GMAIL IS THE BEST ANYWAY!!!!!! HOTMAIL SUCKS, AND SO DOES YAHOO.

I have Google ToolBar. And Its really Helpful for me..I can search anything faster now with the toolbar! It has nice Pop-Up blocker which blocks nicely! And it has spell checker, and other options and Features which is absolutely helpful and amazing.. Its better than any other, I think ... Its really a Helpful Thing For Me! :rolleyes:

I just downloaded google toolbar last week and it seems to be very helpful. I can search things straight from the browser now instead of typing in google.com The only thing I wish I could do is figure out how to delete all of the things from I guess it is called the autocomplete? So when I type in b all the previous searches don't show up. I have tried to delete all other web forms but that doesn't seem to want to go away.

the toolbar is really helpful, although they should make it a little less compact.. I find it difficult to use it as quickly as the google home page, even with having to go to it. neat little thing though :angry:

Well, There is a new release of google's toolbar for Internet explorer and for Firefox. Firefox one is less updated than the IE one. IE one has got much better updates than the Firefox one. I've reviewed both of them and if some one wants then can read it over here :
http://reviewsaurus.com/2006/04/googleor-firefox.html
http://reviewsaurus.com/2006/04/googler-internet.html

I find google toolbar a usefull utility and I am sure that in future it will come out to be the best. May be it needs some more work.

Google Toolbar for Firefox is not as useful as Google Toolbar for IE. It doesn't have PageRank features.Firefox already includes the Google search engine, unless you require use of it very frequently, I don't recommend installing the toolbar.To clear Recent Searches, <- snipped -> logo and look for [Clear Search History]Hope this helps!}

Google Toolbar for Firefox is not as useful as Google Toolbar for IE. It doesn't have PageRank features.

I guess you'll need to update your Google Toolbar extension. I am using Firefox and google toolbar and my toolbar has page rank info.

I enjoy its page ranking and search features - but Firefoxes tabbed browsing in just toooo nice.. Im always shortcutting new tab. Automaticly entering passwords and usernames is handy and I guess a wee dangerous. But behind a firewall and on a mac..Grabbed this from there siteA Better Web Experience Firefox 1.5 has an intuitive interface and blocks viruses, spyware, and popup ads. It delivers Web pages faster than ever. And it?s easy to install and import your favorites. Packed with useful features like tabbed browsing, Live Bookmarks, and an integrated Search bar, Firefox will change the way you experience the Web, for the better.Faster Browsing Enjoy quick page loading as you navigate back and forward in a browsing session. Improvements to the engine that powers Firefox deliver more accurate display of complex Web sites, support for new Web standards, and better overall performance.Automatic Updates The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Firefox. Firefox automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.Tabbed Browsing Use tabbed browsing to open multiple Web pages in a single browser window, and quickly flip back and forth. Drag and drop open tabs to keep related pages together.Improved Pop-up Blocking Firefox?s built-in pop-up blocker has been enhanced to block more unwanted pop-up and pop-under ads.Integrated Search Tap into the power of the Web?s most popular search engines with the built-in Search bar, and easily add new engines.Stronger Security Firefox keeps you more secure when you?re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.Clear Private Data Protect your privacy with the new Clear Private Data tool. With a single click, you can delete all personal data, including browsing history, cookies, Web form entries and passwords.Live Bookmarks Stay up to date with your favorite Web sites and blogs. Use Live Bookmarks that update themselves automatically with the latest content from the Web.Accessibility Firefox 1.5 delivers easier navigation for everyone, including those who are visually or motor-impaired. Firefox is the first browser to support DHTML accessibility, which, when enabled by Web authors, allows rich Web applications to be read aloud. Users may navigate with keystrokes rather than mouse clicks, reducing the tabbing required to navigate documents such as spreadsheets. Firefox 1.5 (Windows version) is also the first browser to meet US federal government requirements that software be easily accessible to users with physical impairments. Customize Firefox Select new button controls for your toolbars, install extensions to add new features, or change the look of your browser with themes - the way Firefox looks and works is under your control.Next Generation Web Support Innovative new Web applications and services deliver a richer Web experience. Support for open Web standards in Firefox ensures you can get the most out of this emerging class of Web-based tools.

I've always been a bit weary of toolbars ever since I got one installed when I went onto a random site (not that kind :) ). Cant't remember what it was called but it was dodgy and took me ages to get rid. i guess google is pretty safe in that respect though.

Toolbars can be good, can be spyware.Check with the site and Secunia before downloading anything. McAfee SiteAdvisor for Firefox will also help.The Google Toolbar, well it is helpful. Not only to webmasters but to everyone. It gives me a quick access search box, gmail, desktop search, word highlighting and shows the popularity of a page.It even gives me an RSS subscribe feature to the Google Personalized page.My Home Page isn't Google, it is SpreadFirefox.com therefore the Google Toolbar is useful.

Need some help with the new troolbar!I recently perfomed a check for updates on my extensions and updated several including my google tool bar. The update stopped at 452 of 677 and the green bar froze, I tried restarting ad re-updating but the same thing happened. So I stupidly removed the extension and then tried to instal the latest version from scratch but the same problem persists so now I cannot add the toolbar back in.I have tried completely uninstalling FF but when I reinstall it has all my extensions in place and the same freeze occurs when I try to re-install googlebar.So, anyone know how to get passed the instalation bug (unlikely) or how to remove all record of extensions from FF permanently so I can start over?