xisto Community
MSTR

Google Toolbar

I am trying to download the Google tool bar and my IE says it cannot find the page. I have repeatedly tried during the entire day and yesterday. I had the Google tool bar before but had it deleted from my pc in the Control Panel. I have Window XP and have done a virus scan.I have gone to Google home page, then clicked on more. Clicked on tool bar, install tool bar, selected location, I agree and download, go to a page where there is supposed to be a download window. Nothing happens, the page seems to continue to load so I leave it and it says can't load the page. IF I click on the "don't see a window?" the same thing happens. Any ideas for me? Pop ups are not blocked

The most prominent feature I can see is the tab browsing.

A lot of browers now have tabbed browsing. Even Internet Explorer 7. Mozilla appeals to me because it's faster and it can even go much faster with a little tweaking :P However, I use both IE and Mozilla quite often since I need to test web pages I create in different browsers.

I don't really have a problem with pop-ups, so why get it? Sometimes you miss announcements at websites because they have it coded to appear in a pop-up; which google will block. :D

The pop up blocker option can easily be disabled. So if the other features appeal to you, don't let that put you off.

The only thing I wish I could do is figure out how to delete all of the things from I guess it is called the autocomplete? So when I type in b all the previous searches don't show up. I have tried to delete all other web forms but that doesn't seem to want to go away.

You are right, that's autocomplete for you :D Here is what you need to do to clear your autocomplete history:

In your IE menu, click on Tools,

Click on Internet Options,

Click on Content,

Click on AutoComplete

If it's only previous searches from the toolbar you are worried about, you can simply clear history from the toolbar.

I only think that the google toolbar is useful for webmasters due to the PR display.

Average users can also benefit from things like autocomplete, address finder etc

Toolbars can be good, can be spyware.

Yeah, that's why you have to scan every software application you download from the Internet before installing it :lol:

Yes I Too have the google toolbar -integrated with mozilla firefoxits good as it provides easy accesibility to many featuresI like the autofill feature too...

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

I surf with Firefox and IE and just recently added the Toolbar to the IE Browser.It's not all that but I do like the instant access to the google search, the pagerank and linkback functions let me do a quick evaluation of a site that I might want to compete with for a keyword.I use Firefox for gaming and anything else that might be a little dodgy.ouroboros

I dont really prefer any toolbars at this time. Because it messes up my Mozilla FireFox and my Internet Explorer. For example, I open up my Mozilla FireFox or Internet Explorer, it takes ages to load and it's very irritating because I want fast things when I'm using my computer. But to be honest, I really like Google Toolbar because it's very organized. I salute Googlers who created such a very wonderful Toolbar like Google Toolbar. As of now, no one replaces me one and only love Google Toolbar!