xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaxxSuplise

Haha, This Isn't My Rant, But It's A Very Good One

i've been reading this blog for a while and i always sympathize with the writers feelings and feel as tho thats how my own life is, check this one out from christmas 2007:

December 19, 2007Merry Christmas

Hi Everyone,
I know I said this blog was closed, but I just thought I would do a posting.
It is the Christmas time of year again, so I thought I would write a message.

2007 has been a tough year for me, so I am going to be happy to see the end of it. Not for any one reason, just for a lot of reasons, none of which I will write about. I just wanted to write about Christmas.

Christmas is promoted as a time of year to spread joy and good will to all, and so it should be. This is a time of year when people should be getting together with family and friends, and having a good time. Really this is something that should be happening all year round, unfortunately it doesn’t happen. Today’s society seems to be in too much of a rush, to think about anything else that the instant. So it is a good thing when people slow down, even if it is just for Christmas day, and take stock of all the joys in their life.

At this time of the year though, this doesn’t always happen. I had the TV on in the background the other morning as I was getting ready for work. It was about 2am, and one of the American breakfast shows was on. They were talking about how to stop the fights that happen around the Christmas table, and one way that stuck with me was to invite an orphan to your home for the day.

Now they were not talking about the kind of kid you would find in Oliver, but just someone who is alone on Christmas day. It may be the old guy who lives down the road, or someone whose family is all interstate. You get the idea. So I put the idea to you to do this for someone out there. It might really make their year and your year too.

Myself, well I will be alone on Christmas day. I have had a couple of offers to join others for the day, but I have decided against it. Not because of Christmas, but because of something that is more important to me, but alas once again I will be missing. So instead, what I have done is swapped shifts with one of my fellow workers. This gives me something to do for the day, and it gives him a chance to have the day at home with his young children. So at least someone will get a win out of my loss.
So I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, please be safe.
HooRoo,
Rebecca.

gotten from => http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's actually really good... and, I think I agree with what he's saying, it just seems kind to invite someone over who has nowhere to go on Christmas, because while it's a time of year full of joy, a lot of people are really sad and lonely around that time, and I guess being alone while everyone else is happy would just be really depressing...

I don't know what he's on about when he says all that about christmas dinner table arguments. I see nothing but cheer from the christmas table. Must suck to have a situation like that. It's a pretty nice thought though really isn't it. After all christmas is about giving, giving a christmas is still giving none the less. I don't think I could do such a thing to be honest. I'm really not much of a people person. Did anybody do that?

Yes, today's society is in a rush. But I would not say Christmas time is less stressful. Running around buying food, gifts, candy, Christmas tree and such is very stressful. The only time when me and my family actually is relaxed is when my mother have decided that now everything is perfect, the food is done and the television is off. So around 4-5 hours are relaxing and not stressful.Rebecca is talking about the fights around the Christmas table, and that is something that I am not familiar with. It has never happened here, or at least not any big ones. Some discussions maybe, but nothing more.I did not really understand the essence of this topic.

Ok, so I hadn't seen the track back until now, but thanks for reposting my post. While my blog is effectively dead now, well I can't blog about 99% of the stuff I want to blog about because of court action, it is still going.What I meant in this post is, some families argue on Christmas day, because it is the only time of year they are all together in the one place. Usually alcohol plays a big part in the fights that happen. By having someone there who is not part of the family, people don't like putting on a show in front of strangers, so it helps to keep the peace on what should be a joyous day.HooRooRebecca-reply by Rebecca