xisto Community
tricky77puzzle

Bible-in-a-year Im going to try to do this.

I once read in a Gideons' Bible that if you read three chapters of the Bible every weekday and five chapters every Sunday, you can read through the whole Christian Bible in a year.

I'm going to do this on my blog, and post opinions every 23 chapters (every week, in other words.) based on what I've read.

Who supports me on this venture?

It can't do you any harm, that's for sure...If nothing else, you will be a better reader... but seriously, I wish you all the best in your efforts.

That's very interesting and I wish you the best of luck. I know I wouldn't have the patience to do that. I would give up in a month :lol: But it's good that you're doing this on your blog because that will inspire you to finish. At least if you're posting on you're blog you won't be as inclined to give up because you would have to say that to all of your faithful readers.

I wish you the best of luck - I know how hard it is to commit to doing something every day. As part of my English revision, I'm annotating one poem each night: did it for one month and then gave up Maundy Thursday. :lol: Personally, I advise you to read it in the morning when you be less tired and stressed so more motivated to do it.Good luck!

I found a bible-in-a-year plan that came with my bible, it's pretty cool, it goes about on those lines, except you read different chapters at once, so you're not just reading it straight through, I liked it, but unfortunatly, I kept getting busy and didn't have enough time, so I won't be finishing in a year.

It sounds interesting. What kind of stance are you reading it from though? For me, I'm not especially religious so if I were to do this I'd probably have entirely different reactions than someone who has gone to church all their life.

Hmm, perhaps i'll keep track of your blog. I have yet to read the entire Bible, too, and have been highlighting verses for easy referencing—you might want to get a highlighter as well, and in different colors too. I hightlight all the useful verses in yellow, Book names in green to prove that i've already read that book or epistle or whatever; i was planning on using blue for OT references to Jesus. In the meantime, i'll be working on my own Bible Translation in OSIS format, a PHP-based Bible Study web application, and an Ubuntu-based Christian distro. This should be interesting.

Well when I was in basic training I didn't have much to read but I picked up the bible and I believe I got through the first two and a half books then of course stop just because basic training was getting more intense. I did curious has to how this bible in year could get accomplished and I found this website that lists all the different versions of the Bible and what to read on what days.

I can't see how I can keep reading 5 chapters every sunday and 3 chapters every weekday. I just can't see it! Like at the start it might be fine but the moment you reach psalms 119 you would be reading that chapter a very long time. I used to read about 1-2 chapters every day and if I go to bed early maybe even 5 chapters. But now sometimes, whenever I remember it, I randomly read a chapter... Anywhere from Genesis 1, to Revelation 24. But why would we need to read it on a set number of days? I mean I know that sunday is the lord's day and saturday is sabbath but why do we have to read a set amount of the bible on every other day? We should be able to choose if we want to read 1 chapter or 10 chapters...

Reading the Bible within an year can be done easily if you read 3 chapters daily and also with help from some Bible reading planners. But the actual reason to read the Bible is to understand what it says and what is God's plan for the mankind and a lot more such facts. When you read the Bible fast just for the reason to boast of reading it in an year, you fail to understand the facts and the events and fail to get the actual message most of the time. So it doesn't matter whether you are reading the bible within an year but how well you read it and how you understand the context.If you read the Bible daily and meditate on what you just read. this will help you understand the context and help you remember what you've read.I've read the Bible completely 3 times in a period of over 5 years. The first time I completed within an year, after that I started started analysing the verses and each time I read the same verse I get to know about new facts or events or messages which I was not able to grasp the previous time.the Bible is such a gem of a Book, that you can learn new things each time you read it :lol:

I once read in a Gideons' Bible that if you read three chapters of the Bible every weekday and five chapters every Sunday, you can read through the whole Christian Bible in a year.
I'm going to do this on my blog, and post opinions every 23 chapters (every week, in other words.) based on what I've read.

Who supports me on this venture?

Dear!

OMG! I think it is very sacrificed!
Anyway i don't share your decision... I love read books, but i think there are a lot of books more interesting than the Bible...
The most important things that Bible says has not been found....
I'm religious, but i don't believe Christianity religion... Really I believe no imposed religion.
In the only one that i believe is in myself religion.
May be I'm going to write myself Bible, why not you do the same?

:lol: DooD Luck!!

A lot of my fellow atheists became atheists because they read the entire Bible cover to cover. To them, it just didn't add up. They couldn't reconcile what they were taught to believe in Sunday school and church with the god they read about in the Bible. That wasn't my journey (mine was a bit more complex), but I have read the entire Bible, and know more about the Bible and Judeo-Christian religions better than most people of these freligions.Anyway, good luck. Whatever happens, happens. One thing I can tell you, though, it will probably change you, if you complete it. It may make you an atheist, a more spiritual Christian, or even make you want to convert to Judaism or become a Naohide. It all depends upon how your brain fits the many fragments together, and if it can make sense of how it fits it together.Peace, to all!

Well as an athiest I'd say that is an amazing feat. Especially because I can't get past genesis without thinking how boring this is as well as the fact that I thinks its a load of rubbish (IMO). So if you do it you let me know and you will get some credits from me :lol:and good luck!

I don't believe in Christianity but i say go for it. Reading the bible will give you more knowledge and understanding about the religion.And if you choose to believe it or not, or even if it will affect your decision.