xisto Community
csp4.0

Animal Cruelty In China! GRRGH

For those that say I am being racist to China, you are ASSUMING that I am being racist. The fact remains that I AM CHINESE!
Oh, and if you are wondering if my english is so good because I am Chinese, I have lived in NZ about more than half my life... and I am currently living in AUS.

yea, go chinese pride, exactly the same as me :lol:

i recently watched a video in youtube regarding animal cruelty in china.. and it's very gross.. the kill and torture dogs/cats and eat them afterwards.. they believe that the more suffering the incurred to the animal, the more tasty it will be when cooked.. it makes me dizzy everytime i remember that video

Ok, two things, one...
The way fish are slaughtered in supermarkets and fish stores!

A customer goes up the the counter and says maybe "snapper"? and the fish slaughterer guy goes up to a snapper, puts it into a net, WHAM! slaps the fish to the ground to put it in shock to prevent it from moving around and squealing and stuff... The guy moves towards a knife and chopping board and takes the fish out of the net and puts it on the chopping board!

Slowly the man picks up the knife and starts to de-scale the fish! Just a reminder, the fish is STILL ALIVE! after de-scaling the fish very weakly tries to struggle, what does the guy do next? He washes the same knife and cuts open the fish's body and take out the internal organs, and then gills.

I quince every time I see this, and the next time I go to china I will not be having fish... Those poor fish... De-Scaled alive and their reward? seppuku (japanese form of suicide by taking out the major organs)...
Ok, Second...

After World War two no one ever would make concentrations camps again, but in china there are... but they are not for people, they are for cats...

Afraid of cats carrying and spreading the SARS disease they would throw them out onto the streets and the city council (or government or whatever) will pick up the cats and put them into concentration camps, there are not "forced labour" no way of life for the cats if they get captured... only pure and merciless extermination...

So, what are your ideas people?

i know its sounds cruel and as me as a chinese and i been to china recently, the fish markets.. dont they do it everywhere? how else are you pose to eat food? eat it undead? because you obious chop it up and you know..

dogs and cats.. being eaten its just a lifestyle there, a source of food, two very different cultures dealt with, chinese culutre where dogs and cats are food(but not all, some dogs are pets) and the australian lifestyle where dogs and cats are pets and you put up the good old BBQ, where in china you dont, two different major culturies compare.

AND AS A WARNING I WOULD WANT YOU TO CRITISE CHINA, UNLESS YOU BEEN THERE FOR AT LEAST A DECENT YEAR TO EXPERIENCE THEY CULTURE AS ALL CULUTRES ARE DIFFERENT.

but my views on animal cruetly are strongly valued, but the place where i been pets are treated decent, and there are no source of animal cruetly but some other places in china might have animal cruetly i dont know,

Thats not even the worst of it. Have any one here looked at the slaughterhouse for wild dogs and cats. They basically take wild cats and dogs of the streets and skin them alive. Its really horrible....

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/fur/chinese-fur-industry/

Well its actually for fur, but still I mean its just disturbing.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

And what about the elephants in other country?

There are animal cruelty in most countries - some are worse than others. But this topic is regarding animal cruelty in China, and that is why I think you all should focus on that part. But never mind me...

There are animal cruelty in most countries - some are worse than others. But this topic is regarding animal cruelty in China, and that is why I think you all should focus on that part. But never mind me...

I beg to differ.

Is animal cruelty an event solely in China that it warrants a thread of its own, one where we should "focus" on China? Like you said, there is animal cruelty in most countries, so why should we "focus" on China alone? I know perfectly well that, relative to the original poster's intentions, we are getting sidetracked; I admit that. However, it is my strong opinion that we should get sidetracked from, pardon my terms, "bashing" China alone.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to point out that we, as humans, mind animal cruelty a bit too much, I believe. We eat cows, pigs and chickens. Are we to make special arrangements to make their stay in this temporal world a pleasant one? Are we under any obligation to pamper them, to give them silken sheets, powder their noses, flavor their water or feed them caviar? My mom used to say, "Don't play with your food." Do you see a lion or cheetah "mercifully" killing an antelope by "putting it to sleep"?

How about vegetarians? Plants are capable of feeling too, y'know? How come not too many people are raising hell over that issue? Aren't we supposed to wait for the fruits to fall down instead of picking them from the branches? Are we supposed to not eat fresh lettuce leaves?

Just my two cents. This is life, that's how living goes for all organisms. Live with it ^_^

I can't believe people can just just say 'forget the animals', yes, humans are suffering too and that is not to be dismissed, but animals suffer at the hands of cruel or ignorant people and they can do very little about it. Unfortunately evolution does not move fast enough for them to develop measures to avoid us.Animal cruelty happens all over the world, not just china, but some places have tried to make any suffering to animals as humane as possible. I think the reason why people target china and the far east may be due to their traditions and beliefs. The tiger is endangered because of its penis, which is supposed to be something like an aprodisiac and is very valuable. Different cultures tend to view animals in a different light, and some cultures do not care if an animal goes extinct or whether it suffers when it is killed if it makes good money. I dont think a country or culture can be blamed though, i think individuals due to greed or a lack of education are probably more to blame, and there are people like this in england. Luckily england has some good laws in place which most people tend to follow, and animals which have been bred as food are humanely slaughtered and welfare societies are constantly attempting to improve conditions for the animals.It sad to think people do not care about these creatures being in pain as long as it tastes nice. I am not a vegetarian, we were not born vegetarians and i would struggle to stay alive myself if i did not eat animals, but i am always careful about what and where i buy my food from. I could never knowingly eat an animal which had been suffering for hours and then has a painful death. Hopefully in the future peoples views will change and less effort would need to go towards preventing such brutal deaths for these animals. Or maybe global warming will just wipe us out and the earth can start again with something more pleasent

Killing cats in China is like getting rid of alligators here because over there they view cats as harmful. Maybe a gator is a bad example but people are afraid of them over here because of some sort of danger. China is not the only country to kill fish either, we kill fish all the time, maybe not in front of people but China may do this to show how fresh they are. They have to kill the animal some how before it is eaten. They eat dogs over there I believe which to them maybe customary like us eating deer or cow. Different traditions and cultures view differently upon acts of killing animals. I think since many people keep animals for pets here, to see them eaten as food somewhere else seems cruel, but to them it is an every day occurrence.

IT IS TOO CRUEL!!

Animal Cruelty In China!

The thing they do in china and everywhere is extremely wrong I think if they had to kill the animals they could at least put them down thn skin them or whatever. But I think shoving them in cages where thy can't move and boiling the animlas alive is too far. And even if the dog or cat survives that they gt skinned alive and even then they survive that. You would think that they would kill them humanely but no they couldn't give a crap! in my opinion china should even just consider getting an animal cruelty law. The government knows that people do these things but they just turn the other cheek.

-reply by Heaffa

Replying to PlenopticI think it is wrong how that they eat cats and dogs but how you said it could be like an everyday occurance to them is just wrong. How could you say that it is okay how they keep them so tightly together in cages and torture them alive. Yea we eat animals here but at least they are put down without feeling a thing. And dogs are supposed to be mans best friend while cats are also our friends.

I am coming from that city of China which this appaling killing of cats is happening.

If anyone doubt about speaking for cats, may I tell you more about the facts?First of all, these cats are different with other animals, as they are fed by their carers, many of them senior citizens. The cats are treated as friends and family members by their carers. These cats careres are fighing with the criminals now in China, sadly they are not strong enough because the lack of the laws to protect pets. On Mar 22, some senior citizens were beatened to injured by the cats steelers just because they wanted their cats back!So please do not make any comment that against those who care for cats. Do not support those criminals steeling cats.Secondly, the killers tortured the cats and dogs as much as they can before they die, in believe that more intense the torturing, the more tast the flesh. I just can not immagine why these evil things came exist on our society and still called themsevers human beings.I am still hasitate in telling more details, as I am not going to depress many good people.Just want to give my thankfulness to those who care, for their attention and support.

-reply by sunisland