xisto Community
csp4.0

Animal Cruelty In China! GRRGH

Ok, two things, one...The way fish are slaughtered in supermarkets and fish stores! A customer goes up the the counter and says maybe "snapper"? and the fish slaughterer guy goes up to a snapper, puts it into a net, WHAM! slaps the fish to the ground to put it in shock to prevent it from moving around and squealing and stuff... The guy moves towards a knife and chopping board and takes the fish out of the net and puts it on the chopping board! Slowly the man picks up the knife and starts to de-scale the fish! Just a reminder, the fish is STILL ALIVE! after de-scaling the fish very weakly tries to struggle, what does the guy do next? He washes the same knife and cuts open the fish's body and take out the internal organs, and then gills.I quince every time I see this, and the next time I go to china I will not be having fish... Those poor fish... De-Scaled alive and their reward? seppuku (japanese form of suicide by taking out the major organs)...Ok, Second...After World War two no one ever would make concentrations camps again, but in china there are... but they are not for people, they are for cats... Afraid of cats carrying and spreading the SARS disease they would throw them out onto the streets and the city council (or government or whatever) will pick up the cats and put them into concentration camps, there are not "forced labour" no way of life for the cats if they get captured... only pure and merciless extermination... So, what are your ideas people?

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)

I'm sure this sort of thing happens all over the world not just china. The worse I've seen done to a fish is from this documentary I think it might of been 60 minutes anyway what happens to the fish is instead of being killed before its eaten they keep it alive while eating it. Yeah I know when I saw it I was like eww. Its basically prepared I assume with scales taken out and I'm not sure about the gutting I don't so if its still alive. They cook it on a sort of grill or pot I cant remember and they pick flesh off it and eat it and the fish is like looking at them crying out no doubt if it could make sound. Remember indiana jones ? The scene where monkeys brains are eaten while its still alive :<_<

I've heard that there's a chemical called urso-something that only exists in bears' pancreases. The Chinese extract it from the bear by putting a tube into it and pumping it out. Not sure if it's true, but the Chinese are knownw for doing these things. This chemical can cure a miracle's worth of diseases, though, and that's why they take it.I can just imagine animal rights activists trying to prevent this medicine from being imported to help a supposedly terminally ill person.

Yes, China does do that (the bear chemical thing). But the fish thing ain't as bad as the Feline concentration camps! or more like feline extermination camps! They capture cats and exterminate them!

if your disgusted with the fish, go to japan they will serve you uncocked fish( sushi that is still moving because of muscle spasms yes even if your dead your body still reacts but will be gone after a few/minutes/hours).they say a fresh fish cooked instantly will give you more flavor and its true.in london they also do that, when they have a bird flu outbreak, they poisoned the chickens and other near animals to prevent it from spreading.

I think we are running the risk of being racist here. Why are we targeting the Chinese for these sentiments? "Oh, I heard there are rumors that Chinese people extract <insert ridiculously-named compound here> from <insert endangered and/or cute animal here> while they're still alive!" And some of these are completely baseless claims, "but it's the sort of thing you'd expect from the Chinese."

How about foie gras? Didja know that duck, or geese, are force-fed their entire lives just for foie gras? How about the lobsters dumped into a potful of boiling broth, alive? Have you watched Pamela Anderson's "documentary" about the "living conditions" of KFC chickens? They are made to grow so fast, their legs give out and they end up lame. Then again, maybe it's be more sensational if it was Uncle Fu Wong Lee's Dimsum Kitchen that did those, huh?

Over here, we do joke often about finding kittens in our siopao, a dimsum. Then again, we, too, have adobo, a meat dish of just about anything: chicken, pork, frogs, snakes or, as Rex-Navarete once joked, "Orca-dobo" We also cook goats, rabbits and even dogs. And we're not Chinese.

The point of this is not to highlight the "cruelty" of my fellow countrymen over that of the Chinese. Far from it, I think some of us are over-reacting. So what if we kill cats if they really present a threat? Would you have felt the same for all those rats in traps or cockroaches killed by spray? So... are we to make an exception because cats are cute, "harmless" domesticated animals?

These make entertaining stories, yeah. After all, ain't it perfectly easy to be judgmental towards a race or culture we don't understand solely through circumstantial evidences and hearsay? Just my two cents, animal "cruelty" exists everywhere, not just in China.

Hi Guys...Are you guys kidding here... I am curious if everyone is living in heaven here...Leave China? - Is this not happening in every part of this world. I am sure what you are trying to say here... but there are much much worse things happening out there. How many of you guys have non-veg of some form here? Don't you think having them is cruel. It has been happening for years and nothing can be done about that. This is what we call survival.And coming to the concentration camps on cats... I am sure you are so ignorant about the happening around the world... I am also sure that there are more number of human lives lost than the number of cats every day. So are you least bothered about it?I do not know whats happening here and how to bring about change in that. So... there are more things to worry about than this.... but i do not say that its wrong to point out this...I also wish to ask you this... After that incident have you stopped having living beings?If yes... thats something very good and i appreciate that...But there are much much much more worse things happening in every part of the world. I wish something can be done about that...Anyways nice that you came up with this..

Hi Guys...

Are you guys kidding here... I am curious if everyone is living in heaven here...

Leave China? - Is this not happening in every part of this world. I am sure what you are trying to say here... but there are much much worse things happening out there. How many of you guys have non-veg of some form here? Don't you think having them is cruel. It has been happening for years and nothing can be done about that. This is what we call survival.

And coming to the concentration camps on cats...

I am sure you are so ignorant about the happening around the world...

I am also sure that there are more number of human lives lost than the number of cats every day. So are you least bothered about it?

I do not know whats happening here and how to bring about change in that. So... there are more things to worry about than this.... but i do not say that its wrong to point out this...

I also wish to ask you this... After that incident have you stopped having living beings?

If yes... thats something very good and i appreciate that...

But there are much much much more worse things happening in every part of the world. I wish something can be done about that...

Anyways nice that you came up with this..

I agree. I mean, forget the animals, there are innocent humans that are being tortured in exactly the same way, although for political purposes instead of nutritious, which only makes it worse.

Before you try to condemn China for this, think about countries that do the same thing to people. I mean, don't feel sympathy for animals just because they're cute. That's a human weakness. I mean, we can adore them for their cuteness, but don't do it for that sole reason.

For those that say I am being racist to China, you are ASSUMING that I am being racist. The fact remains that I AM CHINESE!

The main reason I put up this post was because to show people what humans do just for human enjoyment. Would we like it if monkeys started capturing us and slowly eating our brain while we are still alive? I think not.

I should have rephrased the title, and added more info on animal cruelty around the world.

Now. We should treat nature equally, and not assume that we are superior to every other species. Remember that saying??

"If Humans die out (become extinct), the world will heal and flourish, yet if ants die out (become extinct) the world will die with them"

So, next time you see a butterfly or fish, don't impale it on the wall with a thumbtack pin...

Oh, and if you are wondering if my english is so good because I am Chinese, I have lived in NZ about more than half my life... and I am currently living in AUS.

The main reason I put up this post was because to show people what humans do just for human enjoyment. Would we like it if monkeys started capturing us and slowly eating our brain while we are still alive? I think not.

human enjoyment thats mean :(

i am also a chinese <_< but what's happening in china is not uncommon to other places and that's a fact.

i understand your saying but telling people to stop cruelty to animals( referreing to cat extermination) first than to save another human being first is what i don't understand.

as for you, being good in english it doesn't matter here and in your sentence, there is a sense of racism for telling us your a superior one because you live in nz/aus.

excuse me i love my fish skewered alive and that's the way i like it :(

So what if we kill cats if they really present a threat? Would you have felt the same for all those rats in traps or cockroaches killed by spray? So... are we to make an exception because cats are cute, "harmless" domesticated animals?

LOL, you got that right! We only want to save the "cute" animals!
Reminds me of my hero, Dennis Leary, in one of his comedy sketches, where he was talking about this very subject...
Hello, I'm an Otter, I do cute little things with my hands and swim around..
Ok, you are free to go.
Hello, I'm a cow....
Get in the truck...
But I have feelings....
Your a damn baseball glove, get in the truck....

When I see the lion evolve enough to humanly euthanise the antelope he kills for his dinner, maybe I'll rethink things. Or maybe not.

This does not only happen in China, but all around the world. And I think it is horrible. You can tell me that I am just hypnotized of those beautiful little animals, and that it is the reason that I hate animal cruelty. But I do not think cows are cute, pretty, beautiful or loveable animals - but still I get terrified whenever I see a video or picture of suffering cows. If it was a disgusting bug, or something else I was scared of then maybe I would feel different. I would not kill it, but I would probably get someone else to do that part for me. (I can be really scared sometimes, of bugs.)Even though some animals is a threat to others, I still think it would be better if someone managed to put the animal to sleep in a good way, or at least a quick and non-suffering way. As long as the animals do not suffer, I am fine with it. This topic kind of reminds me of when I sat on the plane from Lisbon to Salvador, and saw a movie called "Bees." (I think it was that.) The whole thing was based on that a woman saved a bee from getting smashed, saying "You do not know what he is capable of feeling." And that is true, so true. How can we know that they can not notice that they are going to die? How can we know that they do not feel sadness because of this? How do we know that they are not scared? Sure scientists say that humans are smarter than all other animals, but that is not an argument. I do not mind killing animals. If it is a reason for it, and the animal does not suffer; then go ahead. I do not think this planet was created for us NOT to eat meat, what should we live of then? It is nature - and we can not stop nature. But... well, being more nice to animals would not hurt, right? I think one of the largest reasons why so many are cruel to animals, is that it is probably the easiest and cheapest way. Because it all comes down to money, right? But I feel like it is even more horrible when people, humans get tortured. But that is a different subject - even though we all came from the monkeys.^^ The problem for animals is that they can not tell us exactly how the feel.People can not say that animal cruelty does not happen all around the world, because it does. It can be your neighbour that are having fun killing random cats, or it can happen on a farm... Even though it does not happen in the same scale all around the world, it is happening. And I will not say that we should not kill animals, but do it in the right way. The animals do not need to suffer.

i recently watched a video in youtube regarding animal cruelty in china.. and it's very gross.. the kill and torture dogs/cats and eat them afterwards.. they believe that the more suffering the incurred to the animal, the more tasty it will be when cooked.. it makes me dizzy everytime i remember that video