xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Is Out For Download

Internet Explorer sucks. I prefer firefox so much more. Which handicaps me with my designing of websites. Never shows up well on Internet Explorer. Why can't Internet Explorer just fix whats broken, don't bother with adding enw features. As you said, some of the javascripts still don't work and this is their 8th version of Internet Explorer, 2nd version for Firefox mind you.

Everyone stop complaining. It is BETA and that means it will have issues just as any beta software. You dont like the looks? It is so similar to firefox i dont get your complaints. As for memory usage, two things to say about it. One: Beta releases always are slower and take more memory because they have not been optimized like a typical release version. Second: Firefox takes way more memory that any version of IE. It might start of taking just a little but leave firefox open for a while and it will destroy your memory heap. As for coding for all different browsers, the website i have written in the past ALL work with Firefox, IE7 and now IE8. If you write good code and in an organized manner, if something is not working for a new browser, it only takes a few minutes to fix it.

It's interesting to note that IE7 hasn't even been around that long and it already warrants a full browser upgrade... :lol: I'm interested to see what IE8 has to bring to the table. Right now I'm pretty happy with FireFox 2.0.0.11 and have no reason to switch over or try out Safari, Opera, OR give Internet Explorer 7 a chance. After having a chance to view how Microsoft develops its programs and projects, it will be a miracle to see if IE8 actually becomes something noteworthy... or any Microsoft program, for that matter.I think I'll be sticking with Windows XP Pro SP2, Office XP Pro, and any pre-Vista software for a long time now from Microsoft, since they're starting to kill interoperability with their new Office document extensions, not to mention that even their new operating system is still strugging to receive support on the corporate/commercial/industry front.

It's interesting to note that IE7 hasn't even been around that long and it already warrants a full browser upgrade... :lol:
I'm interested to see what IE8 has to bring to the table. Right now I'm pretty happy with FireFox 2.0.0.11 and have no reason to switch over or try out Safari, Opera, OR give Internet Explorer 7 a chance. After having a chance to view how Microsoft develops its programs and projects, it will be a miracle to see if IE8 actually becomes something noteworthy... or any Microsoft program, for that matter.

I think I'll be sticking with Windows XP Pro SP2, Office XP Pro, and any pre-Vista software for a long time now from Microsoft, since they're starting to kill interoperability with their new Office document extensions, not to mention that even their new operating system is still strugging to receive support on the corporate/commercial/industry front.

Well everyone knows that IE7 was a disaster because of messed up the rendering got messed up for any browser your didn't code for. As for the Acid test if I remember correctly the CSS they use is very specific, and isn't really used for standard coding. Also I believe IE7 has been out for two years, and like I previously mention the only reason for the new browser is because of the rendering engine, but hopefully in the next beta versions they clean up the CSS errors, javascript errors, AJAX errors.

As for the maps on all the major search engines, it is not a matter of the browser crashing when you load the maps, its because of the CSS alignment problems they have to fix.

i don't use internet explore 1st of all i think it's not as good as compared to other browsers. mostly people use it just because it's default browser in windows. well i use firefox browser it's good in all aspects. well i'm going to try IE+8 let me try how it is if it's good then i'll use it other wise i keep using which i'm already using :lol:

it think some people should know that this realease is missleadingly named ( witch is pretty stupid on the IE teams part) this intented for developers not realyy the public. this isnt a beta more like a first attempt because this version is actualy far from the actual realease in look and features.

For the record, IE8 has problems here on the Xisto.

I downloaded it and installed it just fine.

Then, when I navigate to the Xisto, I sign-in and need to sign-in on every page. What's with that???

and as for being Standards Copliant, I don't think so...

Posted Image

That is no where near compliant with the standards. This is supposed to look like a smilie face?

I'll be un-installing and going back to IE7 until they sort this mess out.

As usual, Microsoft is jumping the gun... When Mozilla, Opera and Safari release new versions, they work out of the box...

you should know that IE8 starts of rendering in IE7 mode so that some people dont have trouble with certain websites that made themselves capable with IE7. so before you say stuff like that you should change the randering mode to make an accurate criticism.

I still find it interesting that Microsoft is still trying to keep this browser going. People who do not understand different browser rendering engines are very confused when they see "this page is best viewed in firefox" etc... Some do not even understand that there are other browsers out there. The only solution I can see is for Microsoft to go with the GECKO layout engine. At least then all of the browsers would have somewhat of a standard and web developers wouldn't have to jump through hoops just to make their website compliant with all the different types of browsers. If Microsoft were to do this (which I doubt they ever will because they just love being in their own little fancy land world where everyone uses poor software and lives with it because they are not aware of better software), this would fix all of the problems. Getting people who are new to the internet to install firefox (or another browser) may be difficult because they do not understand what a browser is, but if IE were to have an update with the gecko browser layout engine or whatever you would call it, most of the people on the internet (except those who like living in the dark and never update their system or software) will be using a standard form of html. This would also eliminate bias of which browser displays pages the best. Rather people would use browsers that have the most features and render the fastest.

I still find it interesting that Microsoft is still trying to keep this browser going. People who do not understand different browser rendering engines are very confused when they see "this page is best viewed in firefox" etc... Some do not even understand that there are other browsers out there. The only solution I can see is for Microsoft to go with the GECKO layout engine. At least then all of the browsers would have somewhat of a standard and web developers wouldn't have to jump through hoops just to make their website compliant with all the different types of browsers. If Microsoft were to do this (which I doubt they ever will because they just love being in their own little fancy land world where everyone uses poor software and lives with it because they are not aware of better software), this would fix all of the problems. Getting people who are new to the internet to install firefox (or another browser) may be difficult because they do not understand what a browser is, but if IE were to have an update with the gecko browser layout engine or whatever you would call it, most of the people on the internet (except those who like living in the dark and never update their system or software) will be using a standard form of html. This would also eliminate bias of which browser displays pages the best. Rather people would use browsers that have the most features and render the fastest.

Although this is theoretically a good idea, there is one problem: Microsoft doesn't want to use "open" engines because it wants to own everything it uses. If Microsoft were to acquire Gecko, Firefox would be dragged along helplessly and become a part of Microsoft. Also, the whole point of Firefox is to be an open-source continuation of Netscape Navigator, which was a competing product back in the days before the Browser wars. (Netscape actually held 90% of the market share before IE came around. So there were heydays for Firefox.)

Getting the masses to change is the whole point of Firefox. Get rid of that, and... well... Microsoft will pretty much have a monopoly on everything. And we don't want that...

Well you can't put most of the blame on the browsers themselves you oculd put like 60% of the blame on W3C for the constant updates that browsers cannot keep up with, heck when HTML 5 is finally release (date?), all the major browsers will have to be updated again just to accept the html 5 standards and with the new stuff that is being added to this version it will be very conflicting with XHTML standards. So IE 9, Firefox 4, Opera 10 will coming along in the next couple of years to be able to accept html 5 standards.