xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Is Wireless Broadband Technology Harmful Yet another excuse for my mum to avoid wireless

I posting this here because the mainframe of this post is related to health in terms of does wifi really damage your brain?To start off I have been wanting wireless for years and first my mum started saying about how anyone that had wireless could hack in then I pointed out that its password protected so not just anyone can hack in! Anyway she said she didnt trust it until recently my uncle who is ace with computers on the building, how they work side rather than coding etc actually using them he is probably above average... well anyway he explained it to her so she has no excuse. Then when I asked her the other day about it she said about how it damages the braine (she watched a documentary!)... now of course I dont doubt that it does every kind of wave affects us some how even radio waves however I doubt it will be strong enough to cause any noticeble or even lasting damage- using a mobile is even worse and I have one of them even though to be honest I wasnt allowed one till my 13th birthday because of "Health issues"! Anyway what do you think and if any of you can come up with a kickass counter argument it would be much apprecciated!

Most research agrees that wifi is not bad for your health. It operates at such low power levels that it is doubtful that it could cause any sort of harm, and a cell phone has much greater amounts of radiation (not that cell phones cause damage either, but they make a good comparison). This article from the BBC covers a lot of information about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6676129.stm

Regardless of any information you're presented with, if you're worried about the health issues that come from having a wireless device, just place it in an area that is pretty open and away from you. If i'm not mistaken, most information presented deals with just one device, rather than several. For, of course, more than one device is bound to provide more RFE. And in an enclosed area, like in a car, is worse than outside in an open area. Even those with cell phones are told to get headsets if they don't want to place the cell phones on their body parts (like their waist).

There is a recent study about some disease from Mobile phones regarding sleep.They have seen that a person subjected to a radiation beam similar to the one of mobile phones seems to sleep less and wake up before.I have never heard anything similar concerning wi-fi.

It s best not to keep your mobile in your pocket all the time. It often happens that after a technology has been in use for over a decade, a study pops up saying that it is harmful for so and so reasons; so its best to take precautions.Ps. Levi's has made jeans which have pockets on the shin area, so that least radiation is absorbed by the body ! <_<

wireless technologies are all very new. they have been in the market for only about 5 years or so. the real effects of a technology or a product can be noted only if it is old enough to show its after-effects. this technologies are still in its early stage. here and there some labs come out with some results but we cant solely depend on it. there are cases where such small labs have gone wrong. whereas, we cannot totally push out their results also. there can be some element of truth in their theory also. so far, there hasn't been any major labs concluding that wireless technology is very harmful. there are research going on in many big labs. we can only keep our hands crossed till they come up with some conclusion. meanwhile, i don't think pushing away an amazing technology just for the sake of a minor element of doubt is a good idea. i suggest you to convince your mom to allow you to use it. if at all some research comes out with the bad effects of wireless technology then you may sit down with your mom, discuss it and take some action.good luck!

if you say its harmful because of radiantion, even facing the computer screen is bad for your health even though they give out little radiation.in modern days now almost everything is harmful.

Radiation. Everything, including your TV, Mobile Phone and Microwave oven are devastating your health. Less exposure is always good. It damages your brain and many vital organs are like 'cooked' in the microwave, but of course, much less radiation than that. Later on you may suffer from illnesses such as Cancer, whereby your cells mutate due to too much exposure. Just cut down unnecesscary radiation. Cheers.

we will never hear that wireless/mobiles are harful for health.

JustThink about it. Let's say I'm a researcher and I find conclusiveEvidence about the harm these devices can do. Big powerful telcos willCome and  pay me off.(if money don't work, there are always other means- if you get what I mean).

and hence the only answer weWill never hear is "is not harmful" or "inconclusive" because those areThe only responses consistent with profits for the fat cats.

USB Modem and LaptopIs Wireless Broadband Technology HarmfulI am using a new USB stick, plugged into usb port of my laptop; all of which are directly under the hands when typing.I work a LOT with my laptop but keep online time to a minimum, as if I am online for more than about ? hour, my hand starts to tingle. Then it heats up. I swear I can feel something moving through it! (is it paranoia?)Anyway, for hours afterwards that hand is noticeably hotter than the other, and feels achy in the bones. I would LOVE to read some of the research methods and results for radiation! ;-)-reply by Tripitaka

DNA poles effected by unnateratal man made radioactive frequenciesIs Wireless Broadband Technology Harmful

Anton here, so our DNA function at a specific electromagnet poles, now do you honestly think that all theses wireless radiation is safe, when it collides with our DNAs sensitive magnetic balance is shifted out of true phase if you don't believe this that not my problem good luck

Anton