xisto Community
icleric

The best Rock band

My forever rocking band is Gun and Roses (GNR) And Metallica. They both have touch my soul. GNR are also known as the rock band who had still got impact. My best song is also from GNR called November Rain. Beside GNR i too like Metallica they are too rocking.

Wow....Tough question and F.Y.I Linkin Park and korn and all are metal,,,,,Anyway I like Led Zeppelin, Doors, "QUEEN", Abba,,Nirvana,INXS,GOO GOO Dolls,Oh freak man I love any band possible but Doors and LEd Zeppelin and especially Pink floyd and Panthera aslo many others are one of my personal favourites but Heck I listen to everything So this was very hard for me to writeCan I include Iron MAiden too? I would be crazy If I did not write G n R (Gun's And Roses)....... I cant remember any other.....Cheers ;)

Edited by velma (see edit history)

My music play lists always have rock songs and always is minimal one of Rolling Stones, because Rolling Stones is best rock band that I ever listen and I have been to their concert in Zagreb (Croatia), few years ago.

I would have said linkin park a couple of years ago, and before that I would have said Limp Bizkit and before that I would have said Korn.....It just evolves... I really dont like Linkin Park's new album, from the songs I have heard, I really would not buy it. I remember I bought meteora without even listening to the cd though. Things Change.Right now my favorite band is actually a one man band, his name is Klayton and he produces awesome music, his artist name is Celldweller. I think it totally rocks, he mixes electronic with rock and his vocals are awesome.... And I though Trent Reznor was goood... (well he is, but not as good as this guy :lol:

I wuld say Busted.
NOT.

ok so I wud say Velvet Revolver although there a relatively new band the members have a lot of experience, and i.m.o Slash is one of the best guitarists of all time, so a close second for Guns n Roses it is then.

Lol you cracked me up then !! :lol:
anywhoo Since there are so many different types of rock it might be worth jst naming some decent bands:

Bruce Hornsby and The Range
Lost Prophets
Evanescense

All Time Great "Sting" - I know it's not really rock, but cmon, he deserves to be on the list!!!

oh and big up the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ jazz band they kick *bottom*. (you won't be able to find any info on them; I play in it!!)

you guys really need to get out of this i love one certain type of music thing and expand your mind to other music. there are so many good bands besides hard rock bands and emo and etc. it is really annoying to true musicians to hear about how a person is all about one band. it accualy just shows your intelligence.

So many different types of music out there is just congieled together to be called rock that I can't really say one band is the ultimate rock band because there are so many types of rock.

I definitely agree. Rock is no longer a simple genre. It has branched out in so many directions. My favorites would have to be The Beatles, but almost equal to them, in my mind, is Radiohead. Then, there's a long list of artists like Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton (and Cream, I guess), The Doors that sometimes compete for that title.

And saying the "best" rock band is subjective. While what I consider to the best involves a mental criteria of vocal quality, lyrics, meaning, harmony, awesome solos, imagination and creativity, and diversity, someone else could like someone exclusively for their live performances, of which I am sorely lacking the experience of seeing.

Also, I don't think Linkin Park constitutes metal at all. They seem more of an alternative group to me.

Led Zeppelin is the best rock band ever, there is no question about it :(

Yours is the only plausible answer. Limp Bizkit? Linkinpark? For real? Do you guys even listen to good old rock music? (On the side note, although we consider Led Zeppelin to be a rock band. The band wants to be labeled as an Rhythm and Blues band.)