xisto Community
XtothaZ

Why Do Alot Of People Hate Windows Vista?

I hate it because it takes about half an hour to install a freaking printer!!! :SIf I had known it was going to take that long I would have installed the printer another day (because I had something to do that day, and helping a friend install his printer took forever)It is really annoying that when you are in the middle of installing something you dont really know how much time is left, all you see is a crappy bar repeating itself over and over and over again. The popups that keep on asking you if you selected to do a certain thing with the computer is really annoying. I know it can probably be configured so that it wont display the pop ups and other things to make it run faster, but you know what they say.... If its not broken... dont fix it. In my case windows xp does everything I need so why would I want to go ahead and try something new if there is no need for it.

personally, i prefer it
the only thing i don't like is that i sometimes have trouble playing older pc games
EDIT:sorry, just relized i'm prlly in the wrong forum

You have your answer already - it does not work
with older games (and other software).

If things work, the audio doesn't play.

If audio plays, other error messages appear.

Lots more but I can't remember what else cos I was
lucky to poll, and then read reviews of other sites
where members gave honest reviews why Vista isn't
working as well as Microsoft touted.

That made me stick with XP. I mean....strangers
have no reasons to lie to me, when they don't know
me. I just love the spirit of sharing info!

If Vista works for you, congrats! May be your pc is something
and you should share its specs.

I can't say it's a good or a bad Operating system...The Problems are:As others said, older programs do not work well or it does not really work with Windows Vista. I have some programs/Good Programs that I like which is not compatible with Windows Vista and I wonder why?Also, the system requirements gives many people a headache [including me :) ] I've upgraded my Computer two times and upgrading to Windows Vista? [Well, I should think of upgrading or to stay with Windows XP Professional]I'm hoping that next time with the upcoming Operating System, it would be greater, we all expect for the good. And I also hope that Microsoft is listening to our complaints, comments and suggestions for the sake of everyone...

I hate Vista. As most people, My also opinion to hate vista is Minimum Hardware Requirement. I use XP. I wanted to Use Vista when it release. I see Vista features. Features seemed good sound.But when I see the System Requirement there not possible to install my computer. I am unable install vista with my system board, Ram, CPU etc. It also incompatible with older version of softwares, games etc. There is any time security alert when we want to do something in vista. I hate these features too. May next OS (Windows 7) will be better ?? and Lots of system compatible

I hate windows vista because its incompatible with most of my older hardware and games. for example, none of my webcams work, i can't install half of my games and other software. another reason is some of the annoying features in vista such as the user account control that pops up every time you try to copy a file, open a control panel, or run a program!

I hate windows vista,because it need a very high-end hardware and need much more RAM.My money could not pay for it,so that make me could not enjoy this new technology.My PC can only run windows xp.hehe:)But i very like the look of vista,it is very good.i like it!hehe:)Good luck to you! :D

A lot of people didn't or still don't like vista because it was and or is still not user friendly and was hard to upgrade your already owned computers that had XP on them because the software and or Drivers where not compatible.

My new laptop came with Vista and so I had to upgrade my Corel Draw 10 to X4. I think new o.s. should be totally compatible with legacy software, the developer of the o.s. should release a patch or something to make it compatible. If not, you're forced to spend much more money than what you planned. Also, I hate the search feature in Vista. It looks like you can not make a search like this, for example: *thing*.pdf. It's complicated to do it and get the results you want. To solve this issue I got myself "Find File Professional" which is a really good program because it lets you make searches like my example and is very fast. And it's free!!! :D Another thing I hate is that I had to download a lot of drivers and patches before making my new system stable (before SP1 was released).And now people say that it's just a temporary system that will soon be replaced! :P

I have only used Vista once. Only thing I liked of it was the startup. once I got into it I found it well. yucky. Maybe because I was so used to XP. I was on a friend's laptop and I told him, I will bet you that Microsoft will have a lot of complaints of Vista. I knew we should have but money on it.

I had to buy a new computer and of course it came with WindowsVista. I had no knowledge of Windows Vista, therefore did not know how much I would hate it.

Trying to get around is horrible. Try to find out how to fix something is worse. I can't copy and paste anything from Works into my e-mail. People can't open my attachments when I send from Works. Since I paid for this system, is there a way to get Microsoft to give me back my XP and get rid of Windows Vista? Why should I have to pay so much money for another system when it was not my fault that it was on my computer. 

Some people try to make things better and only make them worse - case in point - Windows Vista.