xisto Community
delivi

Increase Internet Bandwidth In Windows Xp

Windows XP reservers 20 percent of the Internet bandwidth for QoS ( Quality of Service). This is unnecessary and can be disabled. By disabling this you get a boost in the Bandwith. Follow the following steps:

* Select Start > Run and enter gpedit.msc to Open the Group Ploicy Editor.

* In the left-hand column in the window, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler

* In the right column double-click on Limit reservable bandwidth and select Enabled.

* Change the Bandwidth Limit to 0 and click OK.

Now you've disabled the QoS and enjoy the extra bandwidth.

It shouldn't actually make a difference. As Microsoft say themselves:

There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect.

The system works by allowing applications to request up to 20% of your bandwidth to be used solely for them. That application then gets priority only across that 20%. If nothing is using that bandwidth then it is available to all other applications. Even if an application has reserved its 20%, if it isn't using it at that time then any other application is free to use it - the original application just gets priority when it needs it.

Just tried it out, it appears to be disabled originally. Why would enabling it, then turning it to zero do anything?

Can we get more bandwidth than the limit?

I am using one broadband service which provides me 300kbps bandwidth,

And I am getting only 25kBps to 30kBps.

My question- Can I get more speed than what my ISP gives me.

Or in simple way, can I brake the limited speed which I get from my ISP.

-question by Adelaide

How to get extra bandwidth from my ISP

My ISP give me the transfer rate of 3kbs. How can I get extra bandwidth from my ISP? My connection is dial up connection.

-question by Han Wint Aung

Router DemonIncrease Internet Bandwidth In Windows Xp

it uses %20 of your network bandwidth wich means it wont even affect you unless you are using 81% or more of your full duplex 10/100/1000mb /s 

-reply by Router Demon

Thanks for the sharing about increasing the Internet speed...Basically my Internet was slow,so i have searched for tips to increase the speed of the Internet,i got the tips here i used the tips to increase the browsing speed,now my Internet and browsing speed was increased ...it's worked..i have checked my speed of the Internet at here Ip-details.com
Results:
Uploading speed is 0.492MBps
Downloading speed is 0.098MBps

Just tried it out, it appears to be disabled originally. Why would enabling it, then turning it to zero do anything?

because if it's disabled or not set to anything it's going to be default 20% reserved so if you enable and turn it to 0 it won't go to 20% default :D

because if it's disabled or not set to anything it's going to be default 20% reserved so if you enable and turn it to 0 it won't go to 20% default :D

I have the feeling that for most people, this "trick" will do no good. It seems like a lot of the tricks there were back in the dial-up days (sorry for those of you still in that time!) that never worked because you can't increase bandwidth if you're already capped.

QoS is a good thing to have though because it can significantly decrease lag. Setting it up in your router will help out a lot with that, without really affecting bandwidth that much (if at all).