xisto Community
iibbssee

Dominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

Theres Dominos over here and yes its bad to push those pizza delivery boy within a certain time frame, that i really agree. Each time i make an order, i would ask them, take your time, no rush here. So for that, i would make the order 20 mins early than the usual time.Even if the pizza is delivered late, i wouldnt ask for the free one, in return i tell the boy that you did the job. I am satisfied. :)

Give the pizza guys a break...

Dominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

Replying to safe.As.Haz

Do any of you realize how hard it is to deliver a pizza in 30 minutes in the city. Have any of you left work at 530pm and not made it home until an hour later being only 5 miles away??

People that complain too much and grype and moan should be forced to get a service job for about a year and see what they think then. I know court order them to deliver pizzas for a year and see how they like whiny customer's who do anything they can to get something for nothing and never tip because they are too tight.

I am glad Dominos said they would not deliver to you any longer. If you are going to constantly complain about every delivery then you need stop ordering from them. No offense but it only makes good sense. Unless of course you were constantly trying to get something for free?? If that is the case which it sounded like it, would anybody really be able to please you? Secondly if the pizza is cold, refuse to pay and send the driver away, it is that simple. Don't eat half the pizza and call back an hour later and say "the pizza is cold".

I wonder how many folks posting here would give away they work or skill for free over 30 minutes? or period for that matter. Next time you have a cable issue or internet issue, or cell phone dropped call, call your service provider and tell them you arent going to pay and watch in awe as your service gets turned off. The true problem here is two fold we expect perfection but we are not perfect either and secondly we want something for free if at all possible. I know, lets pick on the delivery driver making minimum wage and not tip on top of that!

-reply by Matt

StupidDominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

POINT BLANK!! TO ALL OF YOU WHO CRITICIZE THOSE WHO COMPLAIN BECAUSE THEIR PIZZA WASNT DELIVERED IN 30 MINUTES. IF DOMINOS CANT DELIVER IN 30 MINUTES THEN don't ADVERTISE "YOU GOT 30 MINUTES". IF I AINT GOT 30 MINUTES FOR MY FOOD TO BE DELIVERED WITHOUT RECIEVING A FREE PIZZA THEN THE SLOGAN MEANS NOTHING! ITS NOT THE POINT THAT ITS HARD TO DELIVER IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME. ITS THE POINT THAT THEY SHOULDNT SAY IT IF THEY don't MEAN IT! DUH...

"Do any of you realize how hard it is to deliver a pizza in 30 minutes in the city. Have any of you left work at 530pm and not made it home until an hour later being only 5 miles away??"

uh u know..They're the one who advertised it that way. If u cant make it in 30 mins, why bother guarantee it then put some ****ty captions under it saying that it's only approximate?

This is all BS you drivers need to stop whining yourselves tooDominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

This is all BS you drivers need to stop whining yourselves too. I delivered pizza quite a few times throughout the different times of my life.Once at 17 once at 22 and even once more when my restaurant closed at around 31 - 33 yrs of age during which time I delivered food from my restaurant because my crackhead (and yes I mean that literally) delivery driver decided to quit on me during my busiest times. And one thing I can say for sure is that there is no reason for you not to get the food there on time from bagging to it being handed to the driver should take max. 30 to 35 minutes. Pretty much the reason that this is not happening boils down to a breakdown in management. Example not having enough people working at the time or not having the proper people working some of the time meaning people who plain don't give a **** or don't want to be working there. Now granted the latter is definitely a small percentage but it does happen. But whatever the reason is it should not fall onto the customers to burden those problems we pay for the food as well as the service being provided and it is no more logical for us to think about the business' problem than it is for the business and drivers to bring us food when we are either short money and cannot afford to pay for it hence worrying about our problems. If I walk into a restaurant to dine and it is busy and therefore I get **** service, **** food or an all around total **** experience than guess what I am going to complain because why should I pay regular price for sub regular results. And again I delivered food plenty in my life as well as owned and worked in a number of restaurants and do understand the business from both sides but I still feel when you pay for something that is promised it should be delivered as promised. Let me worry about my problems paying you and tipping you for the food. And you worry about your problems getting that **** to me quick, hot, fresh, undamaged and with as little attitude as possible my friends. And if it's not than yes,  yes you can expect me to complain and want some restitution because ****ed if I am not the reason your *bottom* has a job and a business and a house and a car etc. And a warm *bottom* place to sleep eat **** and do whatever else you wanna do without the inconvenience of having to do it outside in the cold rain snow or some other homeless guy looking at your Johnson while you take a **** just my 2 cents worth

Jake

-reply by jake

I know where you liveDominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

This is all bull****, drivers do not get compensated properly for there work. Period. Yes we can all get other jobs and we all do, BUT know this. I keep a nice little black book in my car with all the addresses of ****/******* people in it. ALL OF THEM. Don't respect the service you will get ****ted on. WHY is that you are willing to TIP servers 20+% of a tab when a driver is lucky to get 10%. Drivers do the exact same **** as a server except BE UP YOUR *bottom* the whole time. We take orders, we bring you the food and drinks, everything a server does but the server didnt have to go anywhere in there own personal vehicle to make that money. SO what they checked on you while you ate and maybe refilled your drinks a couple of times, for that they deserve 20+%. Don't bring hourly wage into the equation, servers do get paid 3 plus an hour, a driver will get 5+ an hour and I live in a city with many many people. Don't tell me its my area. Sometimes a driver has to drive 7 miles ONE WAY just to get a dollar tossed at them, and all the stores say the same thing, we don't want to give our area to other stores so tuff drive it or quit.It just a matter of time before we get a serial killer delivery driver. You people better watch the **** out taking out your frustrations on the driver in his tip. Just a matter of time and I say rightly so

-reply by IKnowWhereYouLive

I delivered for a year, the pay was just enough to get gas at the end of the day; sometimes not even that.  Only about 30% of people tip here where I'm from and I certainly didn't make enough to cover wear-and-tear on my vehicle that's why it is being used for junk parts right now.  If you don't want to tip the driver, I mean gas is $2.40 a gallon, don't ask for delivery.  I told a woman one time it was a $2.50 delivery charge and she said "I can come get it for that."  I said "well come get it we deliver so you don't have to leave, not to save you money!"

-reply by redman

I'm about to share with you some very, very, classified information. It's about how to get free pizza, every time. Here's what you do. You need a friend in on it. Here's what you do, you drive up to Pizzahut, with your friend waiting safely at home. Then, you get that friend to call Pizza hut and order lotsa' food. Now here's the fun part. You wait for the delivery guy to head on out, and you follow him around town. According to their routine, they usually have about 1 or 2 deliveries on the way before they get to your place, or else they'll directly take the right turns and head on over. Now when they get to the point where you're certain that they're heading to your home, you pull up in front of the guy and slow down. After a while, you stop the car and get out. You'd have to do this in an interior road, where the traffic can just drive by. Go up to the Pizza Guy's car and yell at him. Yep, yell at him about how he's been tailgating you the entire time and how you have heart problems and how he's a murderer because if you got too nervous out there, you could have died. Sure, this will be a bunch of drama, half of which the delivery guy won't buy. But here's the cream. You ask to speak to their manager, and claim that you don't have a phone. Once you're in possession of their phone, waste time. Speak to their manager about how this delivery guy almost killed you with his driving, about how you're going to sue the company for hiring unfit drivers, about how global warming is affecting the world today, about how your grandma Agnes has cramps when she poops, all that good stuff. Sure, the situation will be comical, ridiculous, and unnecessary. But spend an hour doing so. What happens now? Well your friend calls up the manager, complaining about how the Pizza is an hour late and how you think Domino's is so much better. Abra Kadabra, Pizza hut gives you your order for free in the fear of terrible customer review, and you get to talk about your imaginary Gramma Agnes to someone who doesn't care. Win win.

Yeah, go ahead and do that at Pizza Hut. I work there and have for a long time. We never had a 30 min gaurantee.  We give you an approximate quote time on when we will be there and that can range anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 and a half hours depending on the shift. If someone calls wondering where there pizza is we say its on its way if the driver is gone. It would have to be more than 30 minutes past the quote time for the manager to even give you a discount for next time when you order.  Meaning something serious has happened to the driver. Or, as in most cases the kitchen got overwhelmed. And there is no experienced driver that would fall for that scam. I would simply drive around your car flip you off and get my money, cuz we can only make money by making deliveries and we race for every delivery we can get. No pizza Hut driver makes more than min wage, we work on tips. We don't stop for idiots.

-reply by Chuck

its certainly not a scam! i have ordered dominos in LA hundreds of times and they deliver it in like 15- 20 (3 miles away)! it also tastes better than pizza hut

you can say that againl. i usually order extra just so i can have some refrigerator pizza in the morning :P

Pizza is good any day, hot or cold... The Pizza, I mean... :P

you should hve at least tipped the guy... It probably wasn't his fault that it took that long and they don't' make very much money

-reply by jess

Okara Kami replyDominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

I manage five pizza hut restaurants. What you wrote is completely idiotic. You have no grasp of reality. First of all, no driver is going to stop for you. They aren't even allowed to stop unless there is an accident or an emergency. There's all kinds of weirdos out there who try to rob pizza delivery drivers.

Second, even if you do get them to stop, the second you start spouting all that crap, they would do the same thing I or anyone else would do... Which is to tell you that if you're so weak and lame you shouldn't be driving, and LEAVE.

Third, I would fire any manager who even took the time to listen to that garbage on the phone, or try to appease you. If you are legtimate, then go ahead and file a complaint. Complaints are investigated, and it is very quickly evident what is crap and what is real.

Fourth, have you ever in your life even held a job? Ever? Do you think it is appropriate even in the least bit for you to steal from us? Do you like it when people steal the hard work you do? I have many times filed theft of service charges and in this case I would take you to the cleaners.

You really need to get a life.

see i love how there is always a catch to those things but you have to read the fine print! Pizza Hut didn't have that sort of thing but one time it took pizza hut an hour and a half to get us our pizza so we got all the things for free which included 3 pizzas 4 boxes of wings 2 boxes of bread sticks 2 liters of soda and since we waiting an hour and a half we got 4 boxes of cinna stix free! hehe :) they lost about $100 of profit! AND we didn't tip the deliver guy. he was all like i'm sorry about your order. and we were like yea w/e haha. so he went back to get the cinna stix and brought the manager with him and the manager waslike you don't have to pay for this meal pizza hut will pay for it. and then we were like ok thank you and then he was like please take these free cinna stix. and i was in the back ground and screamed "SCORE!!!" :)

Wow, I hope you kids grew up in the almost 3 years since this post! it was probably a busy night and that's why it took an hour and a half and then you made it personal joke? there's no reason to go "hehe", that delivery guy was hustling his buns off to get your pizza to you even though it was an hour and a half and then he gave it to ya for "free"! and added cinna stix! Then you were in the background and screamed "SCORE!!!" you could've gave that delivery guy a tip for his effort because he shouldn't have to take the rap for the company. Did you get your order? were you happy that your disrespectful tummys were full of all that free food? yea, they lost 100 dollars in profit just to make you happy! there was no humor that your pizza was late, and there was no humor in the way you acted to the delivery guy when you got it all for "free". I really hope in the almost 3 years since your post that this has happened to you again and it wasn't so funny...One word..."Karma"..hehe...Score!!