xisto Community
kasm

The Christianity Is The Religion Of Peace

1. When you judge Christianity, dont judge it through the behavior of people, but through what written in the Gospel and what it instruct people to do.

2. Jesus called to love all people

Christianity calls the life of complete love and to self ssacrifice.and if people follow it then no war at all.

3. Love Your Enemies:

That is the top evidence that Christianity is the religion of peace . It is the maximum of love to Love your enemies and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Do not resist an evil person." (Matt 5:38-44). .

Jesus had changed the human nature by loving the enemies

43 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'

44But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 6

4.."turn the other cheek," Cancellation of "eye for eye" principle

This is other evidence that Christianity is the religion of peace.

Jesus asked us to constantly be in reconciliation with people, even with our enemies and said, "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

The Gospel said: When insulted, we bless people. Some consider that is weakness, but it is the forgiveness while we are capable and sublimation of the human and bodily motives and:

38 "You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away

5. Jesus Christ said: Do not resist the evil by evil but by love and peace

6. Jesus Christ came and made peace among people.

He first made Peace between the Jews and Gentiles, He call the Gentiles to place themselves under Gods protection, to do away with the idea of the "chosen people"; to praise both the Gentile centurion and the Canaanite woman, saying that He had not found such great faith even in Israel. (Matt 8:10; Luke 7:9).

7. Then second he reconciled the Jews with the Samaritans. He taught the parable of the good Samaritan and considered him a true neighbour.. He preached in Samaria and said to His disciples to preach to the ends of the earth:

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creation " (Mark 16:15) "Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptising them... (Matt 28:19).

8. Murder Begins in the Heart

21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' 22But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, "Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, "You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.

26Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

9. Jesus blessed what he named "Peace Maker".

Jesus explained how you become peace maker::

- Don't hate your brother otherwise you considered a killer.

- make peace as much as possible.and

- avoid the material and worldly matters which cause disagreement among people-

- Avoid story telling and bearing criticism from one to another is one of the most important supports for peace among people.

- don't gossips if you do then you are like a person who sets fire to people

- don't plant hatred and malice among people because it destruct peace.

- if you have something good, say it, otherwise be quitet.

- if you hear something bad said by someone about his brother, be silent as if you have heard nothing.

- if you hear of a dispute between two people, try to reconcile them and bring love back into their hearts.

- don't add more and more words and agitating expressions to the original words

- don't invents exciting stories in your own mind to be told to others

- don't reminds another of an old controversy which had been forgotten?

- Don't think that you can acquire others friendship by attacking his enemies. It is better for you to reconcile two people if you can.

10. When Peter wanted to defend Jesus and tried to kill with the sward, The Christ said: Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword shall perish by a sword as the sward makes many fights and wars, but the Christ mission was the mission of peace Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth, love will be among men and when the Christ ascended to heaven he said: I leave peace to you, my peace I give to you.

11. The wars in the old Testament

The wars in the Old Testament are not related to Christianity and were not to propagate the religion, as Judaism is closed and not a preaching religion, it was only confined to the people of Israel.. It is not related to the Christianity since Jesus change the rules.

12. What about cross crusades

Some say that if Christianity banned war what about the cross crusades

Unfortunately they considered the cross crusades in the name of the Christ, while they are not belonging in any way to the Christ.The crusade wars has not related at all to the principles of Christianity. They wanted take the Holy City of Jerusalem because they think it was in danger. Nothing in the Gospel or Jesus Teaching was mentioned to prepare army to breach or to fight for place.

13. What about the wars in Ireland between catholic and protestant:

The same in Ireland there is a political party named the catholic party and another political party called the protestant; those are political parties who used the religion as a pretension . Those who are using the religion for achieving political targets has no relation to religion at all. Also they don't rely on verses in the Gospel. hey acted against the Christianity teaching.

14. What about the American wars

America didn'tt go into Yugoslavia , Iraq or Afghanistan in the name of religion but for many other reasons., They are pure political wars with no relation to religion at all

What about Colonization wars by British, French and other:

They are for economic and competing objectives and were not for enforcing the Christianity. They are wrong from Christianity prospective.

15. What about WWI and WW2:

They were for economic purposes and don't related to progress Christianity and they against the Christian principles explained up.

People seem to oppose the idea of a Biblical God for the following basic reasons:

Israel's wars in the Old Testament:

The book of Judges with its chronicles about many nations being wiped out is probably the most often referenced example of Biblical cruelty. It also seems clear God was directing them and that the nation of Israel wasn't solely responsible, so where does that leave us? I personally see the morally acceptable answer in this verse:

Leviticus 18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

If you read the preceding verses, you'll see God was destroying all those nations because they widely practiced the following abominations, many of which we would agree are reprehensible:

-Incest (v. 6-18) [ note that God went into detail so there would be no confusion :) ]

-Adultery (v. 24)

-Burning children alive to idols (v. 21)

-Homosexuality (v. 22)

-Bestiality (v. 23)

People always ask how God could destroy even the children of those nations. Well, those nations were killing their children already. In a culture like these ones or the Aztecs, the only way to stop the horrible practices is often to destroy the entire culture. And of the kids who weren't dying, many would have grown up to kill even more children. We can hypothesize about how God could be justified in His actions in the Old Testament, but can get an idea of the kind of evil God was stopping by destroying nations that were, like the Aztecs and Nazi Germany, guilty of horrible crimes throughout the entire culture.

Furthermore, we look at it from a 'this life' perspective, so to us the loss of life in this world seems the ultimate crime. However, God says what matters is our eternal life. By wiping out entire cultures like that, He may have actually been acting mercifully so that the ultimate justice and eternal punishment would not come on children who would otherwise have grown up in a culture almost certain to lead them into acts and lifestyles meriting them eternal condemnation. Is that the case? It's hard to say. We can only guess. But hopefully it's clearer now how God could be justified in His Old Testament actions.

Wrong choices by Old Testament people said to be righteous:

People sometimes point to deeds done by Abraham, Moses, or David to condemn the Bible, as if the Bible's recording of them equates to support for those deeds since it calls them righteous people.

However, the Bible is not like most books. In Romans 3 and many other places in the Bible, the point is made that no one but God is righteous. And in fact, that point is reinforced throughout the whole Bible by a very simple method.

The Bible's human authors admit their mistakes, and often tell of how God punished them for them. Mohammed in his Koran may never speak of one thing he did wrong, and always exalt himself, but that is not the case with the Bible's authors. From the first ones to the last ones, they all seem intent on admitting their mistakes so that people don't glorify them, but God alone.

Here are some examples:

- Moses, author of the first five books of the Bible, often does NOT present himself in a favorable light. In Exodus 2 he tells how he murdered an Egyptian slave-master for beating an Israelite slave. We might consider this commendable, but then he tells how he cowardly ran away and hid in the desert for 40 years. But if there's any confusion as to whether Moses is admitting his mistakes, in the 4th chapter he tells of how he angered God. God wanted Moses to go to Egypt to speak to Pharaoh. Moses kept making excuses basically about how he couldn't speak well or Pharaoh wouldn't listen to Him. God basically kept telling Moses, I know you're incapable, but I'll do it through you by MY power. Finally Moses just said he was too weak for God to work through him and to go find someone else, which really ticked God off. So God sent Moses' brother Aaron to tag along, which ended up causing a lot of trouble for Israel later (Aaron was too weak a leader and went along with their idolatries and rebellions against God). In Exodus 5:23 Moses whines to God that God hasn't delivered Israel at all and shouldn't have sent him. Eventually Moses seems to get the point that he ought to be trusting God. But Moses wasn't done yet. When God spoke of one climactic event that would happen which would glorify Him once and for all before Israel, Moses messed it up by taking credit for himself.

Leviticus 10:3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Numbers 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

Because of that horrible final sin, Moses ended up not being the leader to bring Israel into the promised land. Also, the 90th Psalm is recorded as written by Moses, and was apparently more ancient than the others. In it, Moses speaks of how our secret sins and iniquities are set before God's face, and pleads with God for mercy. As you can see, even the most righteous people in the Old Testament are recorded as having made mistakes they got punished for...

- Job, widely considered one of the most righteous men in the Bible, is often wrongly believed to have nothing bad recorded about him. However, it is evident that in all his complaining throughout the book, he did end up saying things he regretted, for at the end he admits he spoke about things he knew nothing about, and thus repents, abhorring himself.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

- Abraham, though not a Biblical author, is also recorded as having made mistakes. Though spoken of highly for his great faith, he made the same cowardly mistake twice. In Genesis chapters 12 and 26 he is recorded as asking his wife to tell the people of lands they pass through that they were brother and sister, because Abraham considered the lands lawless and feared they'd kill him to take his wife. God intervened both times to save Abraham's chickenly self, but the rulers of the lands rebuked Moses for his cowardice both times. Abraham also participated in the great mistake his wife made. Because she was incapable of bearing children, she asked her maid to bear him children as recorded in Genesis ch. 16. In verse 5 Sarah realizes she's made a mistake in doing so, and her mistake may have led to Israel's polygamous ways which often brought suffering upon the nation in later days.

- Paul, who authored most of the New Testament, refers to himself as "the chief of sinners" and claims he didn't even deserve to be an apostle for persecuting the early Christians (1 Corinthians 15:9). In fact, Paul in 1 Timothy 1:16 says God saved him to set an example forever afterwards that even for the worst person God's mercy is freely available through Jesus Christ. Paul in 1 Timothy 1:13 admits his former sins of being a blasphemer and persecutor before coming to Jesus.

- Peter, often mistakenly called the greatest apostle (Paul apparently was), speaks of himself as having walked before Christ in "lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries." Peter's student, Mark, like the other Gospel writers, tells of Peter's mistakes while following Jesus, including of course Peter's denying he even knew Jesus (Mark 14:71). Catholics often point to the instance where Jesus talked to Peter (I personally think He was speaking to the Holy Spirit in Peter, and can provide verses showing the Holy Spirit to be Eliakim irrefutably, which is who the Catholics claim Peter is) about a rock on which the church would be built, but like to ignore the instance just a few verses later (Matthew 16:21-23) where Jesus rebuked Peter as Satan. Ironically they recognize one spirit, Satan, was being talked to in the 2nd case, but don't want to consider the possibility that the Holy Spirit was being talked to in the 1st case a few verses earlier.

- Matthew spoke of how he and the other disciples were bickering among themselves about who would be greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:1) and completely missed the point Jesus wanted to show them.

- James and John even wanted to rain down fire upon a city for not letting them in (Luke 9:54) and got rebuked by Jesus, who told them He came to save people's lives, not destroy them. It's appropriate that Jesus' nickname for those two was Boanerges, meaning 'sons of thunder' (Mark 3:17).

Evils were done by Catholics and Protestants:

Yes, the Crusades, the Inquisition, and the Conquistadors are all linked to Roman Catholicism. And the Protestants? They killed their share of 'heretics' too. Both Catholics and Protestants persecuted the peace loving Anabaptists in the middle ages. And the Puritans of course had those Salem witch trials.

My response is that Christians were around before either the Catholics or Protestants. Catholicism didn't really exist until the 4th century or so at the earliest. Like the name Roman Catholicism implies, it was a case of Rome realizing that slaughtering all the Christians wasn't working too well. So Rome kept persecuting Christians, but now under the guise of being the one true Christian church while labeling the real Christians 'heretics'.

Long before the Reformation rolled around, NUMEROUS groups calling themselves Christians had been persecuted by the Catholic Church. To see a chart of many of the groups involved (whose names were often given them by their persecutors):

http://www.reformedreader.org/tob.htm

(If you're having trouble reading some of those bottom names, they are: Montanists, Novations, Puritans, Paterins, Cathari, Donatists, Anabaptists, Paulicians, Arnoldists, Albigenses, Waldenses, Henricians, and Baptists)

NOTE-The Puritans of the 3rd century were unrelated to the later Protestant groups, but simply bore the same name.

There have been many who have called themselves Christians down through the centuries while holding to the original ideals of the New Testament including love, prayer, and good deeds for one's enemies. Jesus said "many" would come in His name claiming to be His followers only to be told they never knew Him, but that "few" would find the path to life:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

As you can see, Matthew 7 is about how we can know which are true Christians. False prophets come in sheep's clothing and claim to be followers of Christ, but their deeds show otherwise. Nowhere does the Bible suggest this foolish notion many believe, that whoever calls themself a Christian is one. Rather, it says we shall KNOW them by the fruits their lives produce, whether good, or evil.

Judge within yourself. Are the people you're using to accuse Christianity of, really following the words and deeds of Christ? Do they really show signs of following the words of the Bible? Or do they fit this description of false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, evil trees bearing evil fruits?

Real Christians do exist, and there are probably at least a few in almost any given denomination, but there are FEW of them, and not many.

How can a loving God send people to Hell?

People often ask a related question: How can a good God have created such an evil world? People mistakenly approach these 2 questions as unrelated, when they are not. God created this world good, just look at the garden of Eden. It was our willful rebellion that led to both us and God's creation becoming evil.

The reason God is bringing a final judgment and will separate all who do evil from the new and once more good creation He will be ushering in is so that His creation will not become once more polluted with evil from the deeds of evil-doers. You see, evil is the result of people's evil choices. Our mistakes affect the lives of others. For God to destroy evil, He would have to either destroy us, or change us so we won't do evil any more.

That is God's solution to the problem. Christianity. Real Christianity involves a change of heart and nature where we turn from our once evil lifestyles. We still mess up but we are in a process of being made perfect, because we have made a once for all choice to follow God and keep repenting of our mistakes. That is why Jesus said we "must be born again" or we will not see God's coming kingdom (John 3:3).

God can not allow active rebellion against Him. And that is what our sin, or evil, is - active disobedience against God's perfect ways.

Some will say, "Well, why would God create people who could end up sinning?" The reason is that if He did not give us free will and the ability to make choices, we would be robots. God gave us free will so we could be capable of loving Him and loving others, which is what gives Him pleasure. That is why He made us. He made us to do good, even as He does good. But to truly do good, one must have the choice to do evil.

What God did not do is create us with an INCLINATION to do evil. We had no reason in our hearts to want to disobey God. Likewise with Satan. Lucifer was once a perfect angel. See what is written of him:

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Each one of us was born with an inclination to do evil since we were born, and yet, that does not excuse us from making the choices we do. We are all guilty before God.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

Also Kasm, you made a good point about the wars. Catholics and others have tried to say Jesus was setting up an earthly kingdom to perform physical battles, but that is clearly not the case:

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

But unfortuanatly that doesn't work... People have confrontations every day... the religion itself is good but in practice if your being attacked to can't 'turn the other cheek'

Well you can, but I don't think that always will work. Even though someone are a Christian, they can get easy mad and pissed off. Just like any other person. When someone "attacks" you, it's hard too just stand there and do nothing at all. Not all Christians are nice and happy people that goes to church every sunday, they are all different. But because they try to follow these rules, it is much harder to get them mad. (Trust me, I know haha.) Like a friend of mine, she is Christian. The whole bunch is really that too - but she is a bit special about this. Even though I try to strangle her with her scarf, she does not get really mad. (We are just trying to get her mad) She just asks me in a nice and polite way if I can stop.

Wow, that's kind of a jerk thing to do... just trying to get her mad???Well, yeah, the problem is that a lot of people just say they are Christian (or whatever religion they are) and then don't follow any of the rules and ideas of their religion. Which is really hypocritical and reflects really badly on all the people who actually are amazingly religious and great people.

Yeah I've had alot of experience with people growing up who go to church but in the playgrounds they are big bullies to the smaller kids. I dont get it how can you go to church and say you believe in god and all that yet come to school and commit some nasty crimes. They even talk about how they go to church and stuff like they are proud of it and look at you differently when you say you dont go to church. I'm starting to think they only go because they had to or their parents would beat the crap out of them. I'm not joking this isnt very uncommon in new zealand with family abuse. There was even a new law put out that parents can get sent to jail for over spanking their kids. This is of course the bad people I'm talking about as I know myself some very nice people who do beleive in god and follow his rules.

Yeah I've had alot of experience with people growing up who go to church but in the playgrounds they are big bullies to the smaller kids. I dont get it how can you go to church and say you believe in god and all that yet come to school and commit some nasty crimes. They even talk about how they go to church and stuff like they are proud of it and look at you differently when you say you dont go to church. I'm starting to think they only go because they had to or their parents would beat the crap out of them. I'm not joking this isnt very uncommon in new zealand with family abuse. There was even a new law put out that parents can get sent to jail for over spanking their kids. This is of course the bad people I'm talking about as I know myself some very nice people who do beleive in god and follow his rules.

Here in the U.S. I've had several bad experiences with people and churches claiming to be Christians. I've met some solid Christians in one conservative megachurch-type church, but there were a lot of bad ones there too, and what made it worse was the bad ones were in leadership. I've only had good experiences going regularly to 2 churches, and both have been Independent Fundamental Baptist churches. I had a bad experience with an IFB church too though.

It seems like a lot of churches are just in it for the money. Like that Oral Roberts university that's now getting investigated for fraud. A lot of the televangelists to have graduated from it are now getting investigated for lavish personal spending with their funds on stuff like gold bathroom fixtures or very expensive cars or homes.

And a lot of megachurches seem to be more interested in providing an entertainment "show" to get people coming in the doors and bringing them money, then in preaching exactly what the Bible says. A big warning sign is when the only "hard-line" messages they'll preach involve tithing and politics, and rather than preaching God's Word with a spiritual application, instead focus on life-application stuff that any psychologist or professional speaker could talk about.

Churches like that have regretfully made me more suspicious about which are the real Christians. I suppose I should've been more aware of all the warning signs the Bible gives about false Christians, like this one:

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

[the rest of this chapter describes them well]

I've seen some examples of fake Christians who were very good, fast talkers. They sound good, but everything seems to be complex with them, when the truths of the Bible should be very simple as well as the following of them.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. <<To [the Ephesians written from Rome, by Tychicus.]>>

2 Corinthians 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

All through the Bible are commended those who speak with no guile (Psalms 32:2, John 1:47, 1 Peter, 3:10, Revelation 14:5).

Truths like being merciful to others because God has been merciful to us. Truths like living for God and worshiping Him out of our hearts, because the outward actions don't matter. Worship should be from the heart and based on the truth and conviction that comes from inward understanding, not some ritual performance or emotion-based act without understanding.

Jesus and His gospel are all about showing mercy to others. Those that refuse to do so are denying Christ.

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Here in the U.S. I've had several bad experiences with people and churches claiming to be Christians. I've met some solid Christians in one conservative megachurch-type church, but there were a lot of bad ones there too, and what made it worse was the bad ones were in leadership. I've only had good experiences going regularly to 2 churches, and both have been Independent Fundamental Baptist churches. I had a bad experience with an IFB church too though.

Truths like being merciful to others because God has been merciful to us. Truths like living for God and worshiping Him out of our hearts, because the outward actions don't matter. Worship should be from the heart and based on the truth and conviction that comes from inward understanding, not some ritual performance or emotion-based act without understanding.

Jesus and His gospel are all about showing mercy to others. Those that refuse to do so are denying Christ.

1. Please Jushu consider who read your is not Christian so reduce referring to any word or phrase with a lot of versus from old and new testament using the software tools. Enough one versus from the new testament. You are not making Master nor Ph.D Thesis.

2. When we speak about Christianity teaching, we have to concentrate on Gospel. We read the bible and take the orders that not changed by Christ. We have not confuse the matter what was in the time before Christ. Once Christ said "It was told you ,....but I tell you.....", then the previous thing was replaced.

3. God in past was punishing people on the earth. Like Noah's Flood , Sodom's Fire and all removing people in the old testament by order of God to his promised people. Abraham and his generations was the only people in that time worship God and obey them. That why he promise Abrahm and then Moses to take the promised land.

5. I repeat that nothing in Gospel support the idea of War whatever the reason. But Crusade, Fighting Hitler and Turkey in WW1, fighting Hitler in War II, going to Bosnia and Kosovo to help the Muslims, went to Afghanistan to destroy Tale ban AlQuada and terrorism ALL HAVE NO RELIGIOUS BASIS. It is secular thing. Nobody can find versus in Gospel support these violence. It is different from the Islamic Terrorists who find versus in Quran support them to the degree , that they consider them-self on the right interpretation and all governments in the Islamic words are wrong and must be fought.

6. Ancient Egyptian when they accepted Christianity, they rejected everything in past and didn't resist the Roman or Arabic occupation. . I am as one of their ancestor, criticize them but in fact they applied the real rules of Christianity.So don't worry about the christian kids behavior mentioned by "sonesay . They are l acting as all other the human races. But they have take the other site with their milk and one day that will be obvious in their behavior whatever the reconsider that or not. Read the example given by Bluebear [it is clear he is not Christian] that his friend can't be mad with his attempted to make her mad. American r WARS which everywhere came from the secular principal in your Constitution.

7. Even the liberation of Spain from Arab invasion and occupation for 500 years is against Christian teaching but sometimes there is limitation but we have not to blame Christianity.

8. The Crusade War was also to protect Christian places in Jerusalem but it not fellow the Christian Teaching.

9. Don't worry a lot on the hundreds of Christian groups, they all are trying to apply Christianity with different interpretation and biocracy. But all united about the roots of faith that is "Jesus incarnate to save us". They all united in help all races. Who go help Iran, Bosnia, Kosovo, Indonesia, Bangladesh when there were Tsunami, earthquake or floods. I don't see any of the wealth Islamic countries helped until years after the math. In facts it is work kobra500 .

10. Also to Joshua, you said :

Also Kasm, you made a good point about the wars. Catholics and others have tried to say Jesus was setting up an earthly kingdom to perform physical battles, but that is clearly not the case:

I don't agree that Catholic and others are claiming that Jesus was setting Kingdom on the earth.

Although I am Christian myself, my arguments on this forum are based completely on human logic because I'm currently experiencing a period of backsliding and am trying to reconcile my beliefs.

I also see a lot of Christians who don't believe in a lot of the good things that the Bible has to teach. Like people who propose the death penalty, for example. When you kill someone, you usually don't do it out of love unless it's a case of euthanasia or pre-term abortion. Why is it therefore just to kill someone just because they committed a crime? In one chapter of Proverbs (I believe it's 25:21), the scripture reads,

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. By doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

This basically means that we should care for our enemies. My pastor once gave a great sermon on this. He said, "By doing that, you'll make them feel really stupid. You'll make them think, man, I was wrong to do all that stuff to him or her."
I also see a lot of Christians trying to pull me into a complete blind-faith belief in Jesus' power. Although their intentions are without doubt good, I don't sense that I'm ready for it. They keep telling me to drop my skepticism completely. I don't sense that it's something that I'm ready to do. But hey, it's God's choice. If he (He?) wants me to become ready, he'll call on me. If he (should I really start changing this into "He"?) exists (and I have no doubt that he could), then I will be able to sense it.

Although I am Christian myself, my arguments on this forum are based completely on human logic because I'm currently experiencing a period of backsliding and am trying to reconcile my beliefs.

I also see a lot of Christians who don't believe in a lot of the good things that the Bible has to teach. Like people who propose the death penalty, for example.

1. tricky77puzzle, this out of the topic. My topic is "Christianity is the religion of peace". Nothing in Gospel call to fight, dispute or kill. Don't confuse Gospel with Tourat or old testament.

2. The Christianity is not easy. it is against the human nature. Control anger, Control revenge, Give continuously, forgiveness etc etc.

3. It is the last line. Each one try reach it as can. If you fail then there is a solution by going confessing and start again

4. Don't despair what the others are doing. Concentrate on your effort and happiness.

5. In Christianity you can think, criticize and convert You have to practice it like in sport.. But in Islam for example you can't criticize or think or convert to another religion. You under the death if you converted. If you are women, your status will be downgrade.

read my posting in : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54456-islam-and-peace/

Women in Islam: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/55358-women-in-islam/

6. No problem if you couldn't justify every thing. Try and go confess then your sins will be removed and start again with white page.

7. You have to know that US is secular country and many European country too. Even their constitution based on the Christian value but there are many thing neither government or the people are doing as Christean teaching. So don't despair for that and look after yourself.

8. Death penalty are demolished in European Union but it still in USA. It is not big problem. Even I am Christian trying to do what Christian have to do but I with death penalty. It is contradiction that if one in school or supermarket kill many Innocent people and in the same time he will live. Don't worry a lot about that. Think how many people your sold ires in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan or Iraq was killed by accidents. How many American soldiers was killed in Iraq [4000 so far] . How many were killed in car accidents.

9. Do the right things. Be simple belever. Don't worry about what in old testament except the Ten commandment and the stories of Abraham, Josef, Moses[ I know them once and i rember them for years].

10. The Copts that are Egyptian Christian [the native of Egypt] are survived under the Arab by paying high tax, obey the rules gives moslim family the key of the Churches [i saw that].

11. Don't be extreme in faith or blind.

12. Notice the miracles in your body out everything around. ever thing in your body.

Please Jushu consider who read your is not Christian so reduce referring to any word or phrase with a lot of versus from old and new testament using the software tools. Enough one versus from the new testament. You are not making Master nor Ph.D Thesis.

Please stop criticizing somebody who likes to back up what they say with Biblical quotes. You don't make yourself seem any smarter either.

The Crusade War was also to protect Christian places in Jerusalem but it not fellow the Christian Teaching.

The main cause for it was lots of soldiers with nothing to do, and a perfect opportunity to "strike it rich," which they did, gaining a lot of wealth and returning untold amounts of knowledge back to Europe.

I also see a lot of Christians trying to pull me into a complete blind-faith belief in Jesus' power. Although their intentions are without doubt good, I don't sense that I'm ready for it. They keep telling me to drop my skepticism completely. I don't sense that it's something that I'm ready to do. But hey, it's God's choice. If he (He?) wants me to become ready, he'll call on me. If he (should I really start changing this into "He"?) exists (and I have no doubt that he could), then I will be able to sense it.

I can relate with you there (sort of). I've had a pair of Mormons come to my house the other day, very nice people. They offered me to read the Book of Mormon, and pointed out specific parts that I should read. Being curious, I did, and it didn't really make any impression on me, so I spoke with my pastor, and he pointed out things that he believed were wrong and also pointed out historical and geographical flaws in the book. I decided to trust my pastor and when the Mormon guys came back to pick up the book, they asked me if I had prayed about it and asked God to verify if it was truly his word. To be honest, I don't really have "talks" with God, and I don't believe that's how he communicates with me. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Please stop criticizing somebody who likes to back up what they say with Biblical quotes. You don't make yourself seem any smarter either.

The main cause for it was lots of soldiers with nothing to do, and a perfect opportunity to "strike it rich," which they did, gaining a lot of wealth and returning untold amounts of knowledge back to Europe.

I can relate with you there (sort of). I've had a pair of Mormons come to my house the other day, very nice people. They offered me to read the Book of Mormon, and pointed out specific parts that I should read. Being curious, I did, and it didn't really make any impression on me, so I spoke with my pastor, and he pointed out things that he believed were wrong and also pointed out historical and geographical flaws in the book. I decided to trust my pastor and when the Mormon guys came back to pick up the book, they asked me if I had prayed about it and asked God to verify if it was truly his word. To be honest, I don't really have "talks" with God, and I don't believe that's how he communicates with me.

1. My advice was to not you. He can tell himself. I advice that people read what he say .

2. First time I hear this interpretation about Crusade. Many soliders? to the degree the kings came with them. We arrest the King of France in Al Mansoura and that house still there as mesuem. I worked in University of that city. Also the history I studied in governement school didn't told that. All series and film we produced about that don't told that.

3. I who initiate that topic and I have the right to call people to abide with the subject. We will not go to discuss Mormon cult here. You can initiate your topic if you want.

Actually, all religion calls for peace and the good for mankind. It is the 'believers' who have altered the instructions according to their own warped beliefs.

First time I hear this interpretation about Crusade. Many soliders? to the degree the kings came with them. We arrest the King of France in Al Mansoura and that house still there as mesuem. I worked in University of that city. Also the history I studied in governement school didn't told that. All series and film we produced about that don't told that.

Well then, welcome to the new history.

All series and film we produced about that don't told that.

What did they tell you then?

1. tricky77puzzle, this out of the topic. My topic is "Christianity is the religion of peace". Nothing in Gospel call to fight, dispute or kill. Don't confuse Gospel with Tourat or old testament.

2. The Christianity is not easy. it is against the human nature. Control anger, Control revenge, Give continuously, forgiveness etc etc.

3. It is the last line. Each one try reach it as can. If you fail then there is a solution by going confessing and start again

4. Don't despair what the others are doing. Concentrate on your effort and happiness.

5. In Christianity you can think, criticize and convert You have to practice it like in sport.. But in Islam for example you can't criticize or think or convert to another religion. You under the death if you converted. If you are women, your status will be downgrade.

read my posting in : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54456-islam-and-peace/

Women in Islam: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/55358-women-in-islam/

6. No problem if you couldn't justify every thing. Try and go confess then your sins will be removed and start again with white page.

7. You have to know that US is secular country and many European country too. Even their constitution based on the Christian value but there are many thing neither government or the people are doing as Christean teaching. So don't despair for that and look after yourself.

8. Death penalty are demolished in European Union but it still in USA. It is not big problem. Even I am Christian trying to do what Christian have to do but I with death penalty. It is contradiction that if one in school or supermarket kill many Innocent people and in the same time he will live. Don't worry a lot about that. Think how many people your sold ires in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan or Iraq was killed by accidents. How many American soldiers was killed in Iraq [4000 so far] . How many were killed in car accidents.

9. Do the right things. Be simple belever. Don't worry about what in old testament except the Ten commandment and the stories of Abraham, Josef, Moses[ I know them once and i rember them for years].

10. The Copts that are Egyptian Christian [the native of Egypt] are survived under the Arab by paying high tax, obey the rules gives moslim family the key of the Churches [i saw that].

11. Don't be extreme in faith or blind.

12. Notice the miracles in your body out everything around. ever thing in your body.

1. Sorry for being off topic. But it seems that every religion out there claims to be the "religion of peace". Why should Christianity be treated any differently?

2. I don't get angry easily. I forgive people as well. It's not that I don't uphold the principles of Christianity, it's that I'm having troubles with faith.

3. I don't get the grammatical structure of this sentence at all. I'm trying to interpret it, but I'm drawing blanks.

4. "Don't despair on what others are doing..." so I shouldn't care if my best friend starts doing drugs?

5. I thought Christianity was incriticizable as well. I've never read the Qu'ran (not sure where the apostrophe should go), so I wouldn't know what you're talking about.

6. Ahh... that's probably what I've been missing... Problem is, though, I can't think of any things that I've done that would warrant that... although there definitely are a few,

7. I guess so.

8. I don't live in America.

9. "Don't worry about what the old testament says except for the 10 commandments"... yeah, Leviticus has been a little problem for me over the past few years... I'm trying out the Gideons' experiment and reading through the whole Bible in a year. I'll get to you about that later.

10. I don't remember anything about that.

11. Define "extreme". I'm trying not to be blind, but being not-blind means that I have to maintain some degree of skepticism, and keep a salt shaker with me at all times in case I have to read something contradictory.

12. The "miracles" in my body... you mean "life", right?