xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't surprise that gmail beats hotmail this way. I think it wins by far... at least compared to yahoo or other maybe the other option would have some opportunity, but hotmail, no way. Less space, worse service and I think that gmail has also great spam filters. I know that gmail it's a bit argueable because of their policy of ads about the information in your mails, but I don't think there's much more risk for your privacity than others. For me there's no doubt.

Hotmail isn't necessarily bad, and I'd say it's the best service available besides GMail.The problem with Hotmail is that sometimes emails are erroneously sent to the spam box, or not received at all.I'm sure you've all seen sites requiring emails that warn Hotmail users to use another service.

I like gmail, but it looks so ordinary. Hotmails got the looks, but not enough space. Another thing is that the hotmail messages with links I want to go on are blocked but the ones I don't want keep coming in. Its very annoying. I like yahoo because it has little/no spam/junk mail. Very good.

gMail, duh! The only reason I even have a hotmail is because of MSN messenger. There were some of my friends that only had MSN, so I got it, too. I don't really use it very much, though.Google Rules!

I use like both equally, but I use Hotmail more, as it has my main account and I find its easier to use and get into.I only ever use gmail for my spam email, like for signing up for offers, etc. that are likely to bug me...

gMail, duh! The only reason I even have a hotmail is because of MSN messenger. There were some of my friends that only had MSN, so I got it, too. I don't really use it very much, though.
Google Rules!

You can still use MSN messenger using gmail account when you sign in to Windows Live Messenger..... , and also at the same time can make contact with Yahoo user accounts.... :)

I think gmail is better, but until when?My spam box is full. And i don't think it's only my fault if you know what i mean.But i think that Live! Services are better. I don't think google will come out with a better version of "msn".But i bet they will try. And who knows, maybe will be better :)But gmail is better cause of the space provided.Like they say, "don't delete your messages".:D

i am proud to be a gmail user. i personally hate hotmail, and the way it has become associated with microsoft.hotmail was ten times better when it was HOTmail, not WINDOWS LIVE mail. even since hotmail became a possession of windows, it screwed up. i didn't receive half of the messages that were sent to me, and in turn half of the people i sent messages to didn't get mine. not to mention the fact that it takes an hour to load your inbox - and i have a fast internet connection.gmail, on the other hand, owns! more storage (i never have to delete anything now), faster, more reliable...and to those who complain that you can't use gmail with messenger... well, guess what... you can!

its handy how you can host your domain name with google aps and link in google mail so you can have yourname@yourdomainname.net for example as you email address.But with gmail being so popular it's got me wondering how big the thing can get before it starts coming un-stuck and mail slooooows down. Plus there'd have to be an every increasing risk with hackers.But yes, I'd still go Gmail over hotmail.

gmail is greatbut my views are that the coolhotmail version isn't bad ...try it out u can have a lot of featuresand a lot of cool email ID's..For me its still Gmail ..no one beat gmail or google in its service

Hotmail looks better and is easier to use... gmail is text based and not as nice and hotmail now has 5GB of storage so I would pick Hotmail over gmail most days plus I get lots of spam written in what I believwe is chinese but I'm probably wrong... it's simular anyway

Gmail is amazing just because of the huge amount of storage. I mean honestly six gigabytes just kicks *bottom*. Hotmail used to have ten megabytes which can't even compare! Think about it, no other email service has come close to rivaling Google's monopoly on email. I love the applications you can use with them too, I love gDrive. I can use it to easily network with my friends and send files to them with ease. The ten megabyte file size limit is easy to dodge too, it's as simple a splitting your file into rar archives that are 9.9 mb. While it is against their EULA and they do let you know if you are using too much bandwidth it has only happened to me once when I backed up my entire harddrive. Hotmail has a crapload of advertisements and limited space, much much less efficient.The only gripe I have with Gmail is their privacy issues. They have been under scrutiny for including advertisements that absorb information from your emails. Some even went as far as accusing google of stealing their credit card information. I never thought any of it might be possible until I found gmailiscreepy.com or something to that extent. Anyway the whole purpose of the site is examining the Gmail service and proving the privacy problem. There are some extremely creepy passages in the aforementioned EULA as well, some even suggesting you don't have right to the information in your email.

I just have a question here, if someone can help me to solve it? I m a gmail user but can I login the to window live messenger, if so how to do it? -hous8