xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

Peer 2 Peer The Choices limewire emule frostwire ares winmx music ex

which do you prefer  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of companies are starting to move towards peer-to-peer too. For example, FunCom has just now used torrents to get their clients out to the players. It was kind of weird for me, as I have always looked at torrents as being for illegal purposes, but even other games are starting to use it now.For that reason, I would vote that it shows torrents are the best way to share files from one person to another. If it's good enough for multi-million dollar companies to use, it's good enough for us!

I use LimeWire to download, because usually I'm not downloading full album music. I never getting any malwares in LimeWire, and if I compare it to Kazaa, Shareaza, and Frostwire. LimeWire is the best. I don't know yet with others.

i dont do P2P but all my friends that do use it say that limewire is the way to go because they dont get viruses when they stated to use it.

Well I prefer using http file hosting services (such as rapidshare) instead of using p2p software.My favourite p2p soft is ktorrent (a torrent utilty by the KDE team).I dislike emule (because it's too sloooooow) but I've never tried limewire. Maybe I'll give it a try in the future

Well, I use torrent based clinet named Azureus it is really great and works fine I haven't had any problems with it till today. I honestly suggest it aroung for checkout.Though it is written in JAVA for todays computers it doesn't produce much problems in my personal opinion however if you hvae weak computer then you might have some problems since it does eat some of the resources.Best Regards

Well I prefer using http file hosting services (such as rapidshare) instead of using p2p software.
My favourite p2p soft is ktorrent (a torrent utilty by the KDE team).

I dislike emule (because it's too sloooooow) but I've never tried limewire. Maybe I'll give it a try in the future

Rapidshare? You can stand those security codes (now even with freaky cat and blurry text) and the time limit? I think most of people prefers P2P because of it's simple unlimited usage. Yes, give LimeWire a try. It's worth it

I've been using LimeWire for some time and found it quite good, then I switched to torrent based software but seldom use it anymore. Anyway i found a browser, called Wyzo, that can download torrents 'on the fly', that is without having a torrent client (like uTorrent and so on) installed... I find it very handy if you do not download a lot...btw Wyzo browser must be some derivative of Firefox as it looks almost the same :D

Well, I think firefox surely have addons to handle torrents (I think). And I got one, see here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yea, searching music in LimeWire is real fast. Even at the basic speed it already fast enough for me. (usually mp3s 3-9 MB and I'm downloading at 60-90 kbps)

yeah, Firefox has add-ons for pretty much everything one can think of :D 60-90kbps (kilobitpersecond) or kB/s (kilobytepersecond)?? i would say if it's kByte then it's quite good :(

Yep, torrent is a piece of cake for FireFox (since there are many user submitted addons LOL). Of course kilobyte, sorry, I always forget to caps and uncaps all thing I write. Yea, downloading 6 MB music is laughable. Less than 2 minutes.

I use the uTorrent (pronounced U-Torrent or sometimes MicroTorrent) for downloading large files, like video games :D or movies. (making a backup of my original discs, of course) because It seems that Utorrent is the faster of most programs that I've used. It also seems to have the smallest footprint,so I can load it onto a USB flash drive and bring it with me.(even though the movie or game will probably not fit on to the drive.)SO, that's what I recommend.

I use uTorrent, it's small, yet it has many features like HEAPS of customizablity etc, changing icons, torrent detail viewing, schedules, pop out bars to view progress, slick interface and much more... I used to use Azureus, but it was too big and clunky, uTorrent starts up in about a second! As Azureus and Limewire and crap took much longer. uTorrent is great, try it!Sam.

Frostwire rocks! It's Limewire Pro, but for free. No limitations, no viruses or malware. I've used almost everything, and Frostwire is the best p2p program, period.I tried torrent software years ago when it was new and at that time it wasn't good enough. Not enough users and large files were always incomplete or divided into several smaller files that had to be individually downloaded then put together. It sounds like it's improved, so maybe I'll try torrent again.