xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savgunz

Family Guy Or Simpsons Go family guy :D

Family guy or simpsons  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They are both really good shows and have different types of humor, so I can't really vote. The Simpsons have this original charm to them and you can almost connect with the family, considering that The Simpsons is now an icon of our culture. It's hard-pressed to find a person that has been exposed to the idiot box that HASN'T heard of The Simpsons. Family Guy is also establishing this stand in pop culture, but not yet as long as The Simpsons have been doing.I think that Family Guy carries on it's outrageous statements (you know those moments that make you go, "I can't believe they said that on television!") to the brink of what can and cannot be said on public television, whereas The Simpsons is a little milder on that aspect. Maybe that's why Family Guy is a little more popular as it is more current, makes fun of current events, and is outlandish and has its own inside jokes, whereas The Simpsons has more of a classic touch with donuts, Duff beer, Homer's famous "Doh!" outcry, Bart's "Eat my shorts!" response, the ability to connect with a lot of the characters, etc.The whole "plagiarism" thing is rather moot, as we all know that Seth McFarlane makes a parody of almost everything in existence: celebrities, movies, musicals, and pop culture moments. That's how we can connect to Family Guy. We can't connect to the absurdity of a talking baby bent on world domination, or the active cop in a wheelchair, or the known elderly pedophile, or the sheer stupidity of Peter's antics. That's where The Simpsons shine through with the local drunk (Barney), the stereotypical convenience store worker (Apu), the ultra-rich and possibly-evil CEO (Montgomery Burns), etc.Neither show is better... it just depends on what you prefer and are accustomed to. I like both shows, frankly, for what they bring to the table as far as television. And both of them deliver humor as well as pop culture beautifully.

I would have to say Simpsons. My answer is biased - probably like most people here - because I don't watch Family Guy as much as The Simpsons. From what i've seen of Family Guy, I didn't as much humor as when I saw The Simpsons. The humor I did see was by using dirty jokes or something. I haven't watched either show in a long time so I guess my opinion shouldn't matter that much.

I have to agree with some people in here, Simpsons is better even though i don't watch it anymore, but the reason being as i sat down and watched a few seasons of Family guy and yeh it was funny but was just so un-realistic and stupid. Some episodes were good some episodes were bad so i guess i have to revert my vote to a personal one of a cross between. Theres more downs than ups for Family Guy and Simpsons Really only has ups as my personal opinio.n

I think the earlier Simpsons episodes are better, but here in the past few seasons, it has just gotten old. Family Guy is one thats on the fence. I think it tries too hard to be funny and that can either make or break them. Sometimes, its funny, and sometimes its not. Either way. Futurama was better than both. =p

I like the simpsons a lot more, because the jokes actually make sense and they're not stupid. Family guy jokes are random and do not really make sense.They simpsons jokes are what people that need to have some intelligence need to understand, because the new shows or episodes have new writers or somewhat new writes, that make the jokes a little harder then family guy.Family guy makes random jokes. I don't know if you guys saw the southpark episode where they made fun of how the writers were walruses. Well.. Theirs my opinion, The Simpsons rule!- Thank you for reading, Prophet.K

Crap now that I have voted I have scimmed over some of the other posts and I have relized that the Simpsons are funny but there episodes aren't as great as they use to be Family guy they are almost a copy of the simpsons but Family Guy made Peter fatter they made stewie evil and able to talk I don't know the show is just so funny.

I agree with those who say The Simpsons, even though I don't watch it anymore. It's probably not a fair call since I started watching The Simpsons before Family Guy, but I like the humor of the former much better. Family Guy was funny too, but I felt as if so much of it was just a little too off the wall (not that The Simpsons is all that normal). I don't really watch either one anymore though.

Oh my god! Do I have to choose? I like them both very much. I guess I would have to go with the simpsons because they were my favorite first before the Family Guy came out.

I think Family guy is better, because its fresher, newer. Its different from the simpsons, its somewhere between sitcom and sketch. with a bit of parody thrown in.:)

Family Guy 100% :)Stewie Griffin all the way lolWhile The Simpsons are still good i feel that they stick with the same formula for every episode and after a while it tends to get abit....whats's the word........samey?Just my opinion but i do like them both, just like Family Guy a little more lol