xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savgunz

Family Guy Or Simpsons Go family guy :D

Family guy or simpsons  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i like them both, family guy is probably a little funnier, but i think the simpsons has more non-comedic quality to it.the simpsons really peaked in seasons like 8-13 though.... watch some reruns sometime... those episodes are way better than the new ones.i don't think family guy will last as long as the simpsons though, it seems like its going to wash up kind of fast.but there are some GREAT family guy skits out there.... like the "armless second baseman" clip... oh man

i like both. but if i have to choose it's gotta be the simpsons, they have a sense of humour that touches every sense of society without overly explicit.on the other hand family guy is a lot funnier dunno if it's because it's more explicit/new or such but its still good.so a comparison would bethe simpsons= can learn a lesson after an episode usually, half funny half educating, touches every aspect of societryfamily guy= don't learn a lesson after and episode usually, more than half funny less educating, touches only what is funny in society in the present in a way.there are others but if you want a cartoon where you can share with little kids that has some life lessons and still funny then go with the simpsonsbut if you want is to laugh, without getting to mental about it then family guy is my choice.the two of them are good.

They are both really good shows and have different types of humor, so I can't really vote. The Simpsons have this original charm to them and you can almost connect with the family, considering that The Simpsons is now an icon of our culture. It's hard-pressed to find a person that has been exposed to the idiot box that HASN'T heard of The Simpsons. Family Guy is also establishing this stand in pop culture, but not yet as long as The Simpsons have been doing.I think that Family Guy carries on it's outrageous statements (you know those moments that make you go, "I can't believe they said that on television!") to the brink of what can and cannot be said on public television, whereas The Simpsons is a little milder on that aspect. Maybe that's why Family Guy is a little more popular as it is more current, makes fun of current events, and is outlandish and has its own inside jokes, whereas The Simpsons has more of a classic touch with donuts, Duff beer, Homer's famous "Doh!" outcry, Bart's "Eat my shorts!" response, the ability to connect with a lot of the characters, etc.The whole "plagiarism" thing is rather moot, as we all know that Seth McFarlane makes a parody of almost everything in existence: celebrities, movies, musicals, and pop culture moments. That's how we can connect to Family Guy. We can't connect to the absurdity of a talking baby bent on world domination, or the active cop in a wheelchair, or the known elderly pedophile, or the sheer stupidity of Peter's antics. That's where The Simpsons shine through with the local drunk (Barney), the stereotypical convenience store worker (Apu), the ultra-rich and possibly-evil CEO (Montgomery Burns), etc.Neither show is better... it just depends on what you prefer and are accustomed to. I like both shows, frankly, for what they bring to the table as far as television. And both of them deliver humor as well as pop culture beautifully.

hmmm this a good one. I'd go with family guy because its hilarious!!! I mean the simpsons are hilarious too but Family Guy just outdoes them. My fav show used to be the simpsons, but that was before I ever watched family guy. They just have no limits. I love them.

Personally I love BOTH, they both are funny and unique. I however think I like Simpsons just slightly more due to the fact that I have been a fan for a LONG time.Also I love the Simpson's video games too (I still like the one for the NES, Invasion of the Space Mutants i think its called.)

I'd go with the simpsons.I think that because the simpsons got new writers. The show has still been funny, but the jokes got smarter. The jokes are funny, but i guess people don't really understand what they're talking about.As for family guy. The random-ness was funny for the first 2 series, but now it's just annoying. Show has random stuff from when they're riding in a car.. That random. They just ride in a car and something random pops up.

I went with the "Don't make me choose" options because I really enjoy watching both shows. The Simpsons show a more witty humor and always have some hidden moral or lesson, while, Family Guy is pure comedy... rude comedy... the one we all like and understand to perfection. Why choose one when you can have both, my way of seeing it.

I just don't find The Simpsons that funny any more. Don't get me wrong, its still a top show but Family Guy is so much better. It has more 'funny' characters.

Simpsons man, it's a classic ! I find it a little funny that the OP shuns more intellectual humor while he prides crude humor. Simpsons will never be known as a educational show, but any show that helps stimulate the mind in a positive way is great.