xisto Community
MienTommy

Addiction To The Computer

Are you addicted to the computer?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I spend more than 5-6 hours a day behind my pc, except on busy days. But I'm not really addicted, the only reason I spend so much time behind it is because I have nothing betters to do. And I get bored quite easily. And there's just so much things to read and learn and do on the internet that you could spend years behind your pc and still not have seen everything there is to see on the internet.

I bought my first computer in 2003, at that time I had Windows 95. I found out it could do so many things. Then I bought Windows XP in 2005, and it seemed better. When I got the internet, I didn't get bored, there was so much to do and find out on it. Now that it's 2008, I've got really addicted to the laptop. I don't take a break, I can't help it. I'm on my computer (or laptop) for several hours. It's really easy to get addicted once you have internet access.

All right, as far as i remember i got my first computer 8 years ago. Since that very moment i live in the computer. I can spend the whole day with the computer, i can wake up in the morning, take my laptop and stay in there till night then fall asleep. This is the worst addiction i have ever had in my life. And also computer takes a lot of energy - the more you work at the computer the less you want to put it away and just go somewhere out even to have fun. Computer is like a vampire drinking all the blood. I became so addicted that sometimes even feeling hungry i don't notice that or i just sit at the computer till i fall asleep, so i eat only the next day.My boyfriend bought a TV for me, but he doesn't understand that i don't really need it. Everything i need i have on my computer. It becomes worse and, i think i need to fight with this somehow.

I think lots of people are getting addicted. I am so addicted that I talk about computers too much even if that person whom I am talking about doesn't understand. I need to cut down the computer time that I am using..... I need to literally get a life. I offended myself.... All you other computer addicts should learn how to balance your lives too. I mean I need a life. People don't want to admit it but it is true. Guys, listen to your moms when they tell you to get off. Or is my mom the only mom who tells me to do that?

I sure am and proud! Nothing wrong with having a computer addiction at all. A lot more healthier then other addictions like drugs and drinking.Using the words used in the latest Microsoft campign, I'm PC!

I voted I don't know because I go back and forth. Meaning that some months I won't be on the computer much at all but then the next few months I might be on five hours a day. Right now I'm in one of those addiction months. I've been on Xisto/Xisto a lot more than I normally have been too. Sooner of later I get bored and I'll ease off of the computer again. It a on going cycle.If you really have a problem with a addiction to the computer try limiting you self to 5 posts a day on forums. Also if you know you can find information somewhere other than the internet do it. If it gets really bad try scheduling events during the time you are typically online.

I am badly addicted to my computer but i only use the computer when i go on the internet to be honest as i learn things off the internet and chat to my friends e.t.c. I couldnt live without my computer for a die i would feel like dieing lol. To be frank im on my computer more than 5 hours a day! lolI never use it when my cousins come round as i can play with them.

Hi my name is Happy and yes I am very addicted to the computer!! I always find myself sitting here in front of this screen.. I do get up and go places and have somewhat of a life (barely) I go to work at night, I run errands during the day when needed, But other than that I find myself sitting here playing games or just surfing the web. I do miss the PC if I am away from it to long. God I do need help. Do they make a 12 step program for this addiction yet?

Edited by HappyHippie (see edit history)

I don't consider myself addicted , As I can just switch it off and leave whenever I choose. Although the majority of my interests revolve around a computer , a Friend knocking on the Door or a family outing can easily draw me from it. I do spend a lot of time on it though , so for me it's a kind of chocolate :). I never tire of it , but I fail to be addicted and I don't mind something different once in a while. I guess it's different personalities manage different things in a unique way , but being addicted is a bit of a strange concept to me =/. Maybe I am without knowing it , given the amount of time I spend on my computer. I don't think many people have an addiction to their computers , more of a dependence. You feel like you can't live without it after a few days without it , but eventually it wears off. Addictions are much harder to deal with :P

opiumism in computer

Addiction To The Computer

We've done our research work about computer addiction.. I felt frustrated when I read some articles that some people died because of computer addiction,,,

-reply by janine

Computer addiction? Definitely. I am very much attached to the computer. Okay, maybe not the computer itself but he wealth of information it gives me. I am, right now, researching for my first literary work, which I will submit about 5 years from now, aside from starting to think up of ways to give myself more info on making fantasy games for everyone. I am addicted to what it can do for me, the forums, email add, and such.....

I'm pretty addicted, myself. I like to use the computer almost all day. I'm in college and I even got a lap top last year, and started to bring my computer wherever I go. Heck, back before I had the laptop I'd use the library computers. Sadly, they limited your time to 65 minutes so I couldn't stand that. Heh, I got the laptop and now my addiction is fed. =] Heck, I take my notes in class on the computer too. Though, I'm not SEVERELY addicted. When I'm out hanging out with friends or camping with friends I don't miss it. xD But yeah. When I have access to one it IS hard to resist. =P