xisto Community
GaMeRrEmAg

Why Do People Care About Gmail? i made my account first try

Well, gmail has a GREAT SPAM protector!! I mean, I once had a gmail account with 1.5k emails in my inbox and 15k emails in my SPAM folder(I was testing the SPAM preventer). Gmail also has about 7GB of space so you can "never have to delete another email". I actually got lost in my emails so i don't really care about space. I could have about 5MB space for email and not even use half of it because I check my emails everyday and delete read ones. Some people admire the fact that GMail has all of these functions. So they probably use GMail because they think it seems better. It is also user/noob friendly. It has a tutorial on how to use the email service. The Gmail invite thing, I don't know what that is. If I did find out, it would probably be stupid.

I love gmail so simple to use, Lots of options and space. It has a good feel, fast and very reliable. I use Gmail for my business email which I use a lot, I also have one with Hotmail, GMX & Yahoo. I suggest you check out GMX they are a fantastic company.

Yeah Gmail "is" very good. It loads up quick and is responsive. Yahoo was like that for me, but they are beginning to get bogged down with all the advertisements and crud on their pages. Live (hotmail) is the next best thing to Gmail. Lycos email is one of the worst in my opinion. Not even responsive half the time.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I wouldn't say I particularly "care" about Gmail (in the sense that it's hard for me to care about a product in general). I really enjoy using Gmail for several reasons, though, including the fact that the interface is very clean and intuitive, it's quick, I can preview many documents with ease, and searching through old e-mails is seamless. In the end, it's a product that meets my needs, that I like using, and that's free; why wouldn't I want to use it?

Unlike most chat clients, Gmail makes use of the jabber protocol that is open source and free. Almost all the other chat clients that i can think of use of their own in house protocol and forces you to install their chat software to enable one to use their network. Also google docs has made my life allot easier at times when i had no access to office but only the Internet. Or when i wanted to share edit a document/spreadsheet over the Internet.

Edited by knoppixusr (see edit history)

Hi!I particularly like GMail because it's quick and responsive. They have a rather simple user interface and pre-load some of the data to be able to achieve a really good user experience. They also have GoogleTalk integration into GMail, including voice and video chat.I do often criticize Google for not providing a GoogleTalk chat client or a browser extension for Linux, but consider how much they have revolutionalized the way we do things everyday, I think they ought to get some leeway for it. I still insist on having a voice-capable GoogleTalk client for Linux that actually works.Google also has a philosophy of providing everything that users need for free and they fund their freeware through advertising. The concept sounded crazy at first, but apparently it was crazy enough that it caught on!

Well to begin with - I switched to Googlemail, and realistically have never found a better mailing service!It is fast, efficient, lots of plugins that become available, a top-notch service, HUGE SPACE so you never have to delete mail for a decade or two (BAD HABIT THOUGH!) - To sum all that up, to be quite frank - GOOGLE is a highly reputable market, and having it next to your email is next to having your own email client name. Google offers an even better service by integrating all its services including shopping/news/search. Many Blog Software Packages have now realised the potential of merging with googles services, think youtube for an example, or Blogspot, where you can literaly login with your googlemail account.I was sceptical and first signed up to it WAY back before it was off limits - restricted to invitations only. Now that I look back, i'm glad I got in there first! The same thing happened with the MP3 - standalone free service 'spotify' which is now restricted to invitations and paid subscriptions!Don't let doubt get in the way of trying things out! :P

Surely, you can't be against Google? :P Google's Email Providing is better then Microsoft's Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail. (in my opinion). Microsoft's support team suck, not sure about Google though. But still, I think Google is god, since they have AdSense etc. :D There's nothing really that bad about Google. :P