xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

My page was originally hosted by somebody who was paying for her own domain, but . . . I'm suspecting because of personal issues and her lack of use for her homepage, she decided to cancel her account. So, everybody who was hosted under her and her domain were kind of left stranded.
As a result, I just . . . surfed the web for about a couple days, testing services out, and, so far as I've heard, Xisto seems to be the most reliable. And they're hosting supports .cgi, which I so desperately need.

So, a mixture of Googling and Freewebhosts.com is what led me here.

I was searching for a free web host and found you! But i didnt start using trap 17 untill about 2 months after i found it because i went to another host first then thought "there was that other web host, with no ads and 150mb of space, what was it??? ohh Xisto!"

I actually wasn't even looking for something like what is offered by Xisto. I was really just out looking for a place for my forums really, hoping that it would also come with the capability for an actual site for it as well. I was really quite forturnate to find Xisto. I saw it in the search engine, but I wasn't looking for it. :)

I was vaguely looking for a web host, and saw this on Google, so I decided to have a look. I then read some reviews, which all seemed good, so I reckoned there wasn't anything to lose by having a closer look :)

After the problems encountered with my former host, Digital Pulse. I decided to go out and look for a new free host which could provide me apache, mysql cgi bin capabilities and at the same time ensuring there are no displaying of ads on my site. This was very difficult to find but I stumbled upon Xisto in this website

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I saw the requirements of Xisto and found them not difficult to adhere to and on top of that, I get to join a community full of quality discussions, not like those 1 liners you see in 60% of the forums in the internet today

I found Xisto completely by accident.I'd been looking for a decent free host all day, one that allows php and plenty of bandwith. I originally had a site on freewebs though it was always freezing on me due to bandwith issues. After a great deal of googling and browsing through the pros and cons of what seemed like over fifty different hosting sites, some with so many ads it was ridiculous, I gave up and went to sign up for Host Ultra. "At least it allows php and ftp." I thought.But when I saw the other things it offered I became suspicious. I may only be fifteen years old, but I'm internet and webdesign savy enough to know that NOWHERE can offer UNLIMITED bandwith and space. The fact that they wouldn't even give me an exact number made me suspicious. So I googled it and on page four or something like that, found a thread that confirmed my suspicions. A thread on this site, as a matter of fact. After hearing the opinions of many others I came to learn that indeed there was a catch; tons and tons of ads. I had a feeling about that, the site was just too showy for my taste.Anyway, on his thread someone mentioned something about this sites hosting, so I followed up by going to the main home page of Xisto and decided that it was a good deal.I guess the lesson we can all agree on in this situation is that when looking for anything on the internet you should first always remember to seek out a second, third and fourth opinion.

I have found the Xisto in google search results... I was looking for free host, becouse my previous free host provider was passing out every 3 hours... Than I found Xisto, and I joined the forum... Then I have found new free hosting, but I was active on Xisto forum, and now I am using and free hosting here!!!