xisto Community
Hostingrocks551

Share Your Ftp Programs!

Like many above me, I also use FileZilla. It has a nice, simple interface, and allows for drag and drop copying/file transfer..I haven't really tried anything else, but the need to try any other FTP software hasn't arisen yet.

I actually use SmartFTP. Not the best, but it works. Why do I use that one? I guess it was because it was the first one I ever downloaded, and the first one someone recommended to me.

filezilla is the best one for me mainly cos im a huge supporter of Open Source software so i was biased to go with it in the first place but its really good to use.

I'm with the others. I use FireFTP extension within FireFox. It is so easy, always there in the browser. Good features. What's not to like?

I used to be using Filezilla when I was on Windows but after switching to a Mac, I began to use Cyberduck, very powerful FTP program which makes uploading files onto my server a breeze. Another reason which affected my opinion of Filezilla on a Mac is the keys to delete a file from your server. It does not make use of the command + delete, instead I have to use the delete key. I wanted something familar to the OS I am using, unfortunately, Filezilla could not provide that.

i'm using cute FTP for last 3 years .. it's quite good and working. i love it. i've not find any good ftp program as cuteftp.. it's really nice

I do ot use freeware ftp programs, i prefer to use flashFXP or my favorite, ws ftp pro, which has much features to use, a litle bit difficult to configure, but it is worth anyone time.

FireFTP, one of the few FTP programs that give you the full version for free, and it's really convenient being embedded in your browser so you don't have to switch windows. (Doesn't get in your way, it stays closed until you open it using the toolbar.) Very useful, and easy to use too! I'd recommend it to anyone who is in need of a good FTP client! :lol:

My Favorite is SmartFTP. It's free, lots of features, its very easy, what's not to like?I also use fireftp. It's pretty cool too!

I'm currently using CoreFTP, free version. My only issue is that I have to wait 5 seconds for the startup screen to disappear, which will not be there if I pay.

I used to use netdrive when my internet partition was on windows. I have just recently moved to linux so this post is just what I needed. I am now going to try out filezilla to see how it it works out for me. When I was on windows I remember trying cuteftp which was really good. I also tried fireftp, but nothing really beats netdrive for me. It would make a virtual drive on your pc and uploading was as easy as saving as to it, or copy and pasting....